Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

8 minutes ago, sheerin_lfc said:

It’d never happen, but Slipknot on the farm would be incredible. 

On 11/9/2022 at 11:30 AM, finn_with_1_n said:

oh completely. Wizkid is one of the hottest tickets atm - sold out three O2 shows in ten minutes and I thought he confirmed a London outdoor show for next year but a quick google shows it was a mirage. Even the likes of Asake have sold out 3 nights at Brixton in rapid fire. this should sell with relative ease

5 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Going crazy in brixton.... apparently a large group of kids rushed into o2 brixton academy for some act called Asake? Never heard of him. But there's around 20 police cars around brixton academy

just saw some videos - madness!! not unlike the Wizkid O2 drama last year. the demand is no joke - my timeline was full on Asake ticket sale day with people miffed they missed out on tix for his second extra date! seems like a write-off, tonight

sidebar: that new Asake album is great if stuff like Afrobeats appeals to you. very good time

9 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

Wonderful venue. Saw The National there. It's a town square in Italy in Summer, come on.

Ooh fair shout, Lucca is a lovely place, less that half an hour from Pisa which has plenty of UK flights. Before or after you could have a few days in Tuscany. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sheerin_lfc said:

It’d never happen, but Slipknot on the farm would be incredible. 

Yeah absolute dream booking for me this. That hellfest lineup would be the busiest festival ever for me with regular 3 way clashes, if I wasn’t already at glasto and boomtown I’d go

also saw the Brixton trouble, never heard of asake, people blaming the venue but I’ve been there 20+ times and the onl trouble I’ve encountered was pickpockets in the pit. If you don’t have a ticket why should the venue let people in

this music just attracts trouble, wireless last year saw loads of similar incidents 

also I bet the daily mail, sun and other media outlets can’t wait to publish the footage and we all know why

7 hours ago, WMWMOfficial said:

So this coming to light, MAYBE The Who to make an appearance on the Sunday at Glasto, POSSIBLY even being new contenders for the lunch time slot? 

The-Who-Hits-Back-Europ-2023-1000.jpg

The-Who-Hits-Back-Europ-2023-1000-1.png

That's very close.

2 hours ago, a6l6e6x said:

Yeah absolute dream booking for me this. That hellfest lineup would be the busiest festival ever for me with regular 3 way clashes, if I wasn’t already at glasto and boomtown I’d go

also saw the Brixton trouble, never heard of asake, people blaming the venue but I’ve been there 20+ times and the onl trouble I’ve encountered was pickpockets in the pit. If you don’t have a ticket why should the venue let people in

this music just attracts trouble, wireless last year saw loads of similar incidents 

also I bet the daily mail, sun and other media outlets can’t wait to publish the footage and we all know why

I have no idea of Asake but your mention of Wireless likely means I've no need either.

Seconding this - amazing album, in my top 5 for the year. The whole thing is knitted together with clever transitions so it almost feels like a mixtape. I didn’t manage to get a ticket for Brixton but would love to see him next year.

8 hours ago, finn_with_1_n said:

sidebar: that new Asake album is great if stuff like Afrobeats appeals to you. very good time

4 hours ago, a6l6e6x said:

So black music attracts trouble, ok. And at Wireless it wasnt even the same crowd wise as whats at Brixton. You had to look really hard to find somebody not white in there. There were memes about it cause the crowd was singing the N word like it wasnt a big deal....

• Downvote 5

5 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

So black music attracts trouble, ok. And at Wireless it wasnt even the same crowd wise as whats at Brixton. You had to look really hard to find somebody not white in there. There were memes about it cause the crowd was singing the N word like it wasnt a big deal....

Well aware wireless was a predominantly white crowd. I’m saying the media will have a field day with this example, can’t even remember the issues with wireless being reported in the media

12 hours ago, maelzoid said:

That puts the Download line up well in the shade.

Doesn't it just.  Unlikely that any of these will crop up at Glasto, but Sum41 or Incubus could tempt me along.

14 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

My first thought thought was "Jesus, hope they're ok"

My second though was "Suprefan is going to say something racist, isn't he?"

29 minutes ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

Doesn't it just.  Unlikely that any of these will crop up at Glasto, but Sum41 or Incubus could tempt me along.

I would love to see incubus on the farm - not sure what kind of reception they'd get.. and I have seen them for over 10 years, but they were a really tight band when I last saw them, and so many great songs

Let's not pretend this sort of trouble only happens at "black music" events.

Last year hundreds, possibly thousands, of ticketless people were trying to break into Wembley for the Euros final. People for years have been breaking into Glastonbury, something folk on this very forum seem to celebrate.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 11

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Last year hundreds, possibly thousands, of ticketless people were trying to break into Wembley for the Euros final. People for years have been breaking into Glastonbury, something folk on this very forum seem to celebrate.

Well said @Hugh Jass II

10 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Suprefan was celebrating last month Blackpink fans jumping over the glasto / BST fences too!

while we're here may as well rub in the fact they haven't sold out their BST show 😂

image.thumb.png.711608df7a37649a6b0bd82cac3b6f84.png

1 hour ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

I'm certainly not expecting Meshuggah to be at the farm, but I think there could be some overlap.

Bands from the 'punk' stage line-up could certainly cross over to the hell stage. There'll always be room for Tenacious D as an afternoon act on the pyramid. Personally I'd love to see Fishbone and The Cult, and the big dream, Porcupine Tree at Glastonbury, which doesn't seem too much of a stretch.

11 hours ago, WMWMOfficial said:

So this coming to light, MAYBE The Who to make an appearance on the Sunday at Glasto, POSSIBLY even being new contenders for the lunch time slot? 

The-Who-Hits-Back-Europ-2023-1000.jpg

The-Who-Hits-Back-Europ-2023-1000-1.png

Well, they have a show scheduled in Paris on the Friday which I'd say makes them pretty much a sure thing for Glastonbury.... 😉

25 minutes ago, benali said:

Seems like the first 2 gigs of the 3 went off fine, but word got out that people had managed to bunk in so loads turned up for the last gig expecting to be able to do the same.

Sounds like it was something they were anticipating might happen

So, whilst not something which happens with that style of music, it seems like something which has happened with him before at least

9 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Sounds like it was something they were anticipating might happen

So, whilst not something which happens with that style of music, it seems like something which has happened with him before at least

Given the number of people involved, I would expect there was quite a lot of social media chatter beforehand which may have alerted them.

Quite a sad situation. I cannot bear to even go onto the Daily Fail website to see how they're reporting it.

I had never heard of him before, so had his album on this morning. Quite enjoyed it. Certainly could see a decent WH slot for him.