Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

1 hour ago, chuckles07 said:

It seems he has added the manchester date yesterday which was new to me.

Yeah I have heard that you often struggle to understand what song he is playing at any point. I wonder if the smaller (v BST etc) concert hall venues might make him/it more user friendly? 🙂

I really enjoyed rough and rowdy ways........

My bad, didn't realise he added the Manchester date.

Yeah I'm not sure really, I've had friends who've seen him and just said he was meh. Certainly for the diehards. I get it though, the man has been playing the songs forever, he's probably fed up with them in their original form.

4 hours ago, chuckles07 said:

I might have missed this but did we know Bobby Dylan was touring the UK in Oct/Nov?

https://www.songkick.com/artists/408511-bob-dylan

20 gigs in UK - loads at London Palladium, manchester apollo Dec 2nd

Tickets on sale Monday

This was news to me.. I've seen him once before but it was in an outdoor festival setting. As already noted, the songs were unrecognisable from their original form. And yet.. I'm quite tempted by the prospect of seeing him in a smaller venue..

2 hours ago, WestCountryGirl said:

This was news to me.. I've seen him once before but it was in an outdoor festival setting. As already noted, the songs were unrecognisable from their original form. And yet.. I'm quite tempted by the prospect of seeing him in a smaller venue..

Me too. I will try and get a ticket for Manchester. I think it’s in the spirit of hope rather than expectation of the quality of performance……🤷🏽‍♂️   However I suspect this is the last chance of seeing him live, period. He is 81.  I saw him once before in 1978, at  Blackbush airfield along with 200k others. I look forward to something more intimate. 😂 

Edited by chuckles07

On 9/2/2022 at 10:18 PM, chuckles07 said:

Me too. I will try and get a ticket for Manchester. I think it’s in the spirit of hope rather than expectation of the quality of performance……🤷🏽‍♂️   However I suspect this is the last chance of seeing him live, period. He is 81.  I saw him once before in 1978, at  Blackbush airfield along with 200k others. I look forward to something more intimate. 😂 

I still wasn't entirely sure I was going to buy tickets or not when I checked Ticketmaster at 10am, and yet five minutes later I'm £200 lighter and tickets are in the bag. I know exactly what I've signed up for but it's going to be the last time I see him and will be a rare gig that I get to share with my fiancé, so I'm looking forward to it 🙂

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, WestCountryGirl said:

I still wasn't entirely sure I was going to buy tickets or not when I checked Ticketmaster at 10am, and yet five minutes later I'm £200 lighter and tickets are in the bag. I know exactly what I've signed up for but it's going to be the last time I see him and will be a rare gig that I get to share with my fiancé, so I'm looking forward to it 🙂

Yep me too 😊. Got 4 tickets (2 x 2) when a mate said he was prepared to pay £100+.  I am seriously doubting my sanity now.  I hope the other folks don’t pull out now I have got them! Jeez it better be good…..but you are right this it. And it is the city of the famous ‘Judas’ accusation so it might mean something to him…

yeah TM are bastards, initially tried for the ‘cheap’ (£85+ fees) tickets got nowhere. Soon as I did ’best ticket’ available, voila, the £112 (+fees) were available. Managed to get the middle range tickets but I am not sure if I am happy at using TM. But no other choice. 

I hope you enjoy the gig! 👍

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, scatteredscreens said:

Quick question, anyone had any experience buying/selling tickets for gigs at the Barbican fan to fan? All their policy says you can't do it etc but I can't see any identifiers on the e-ticket. I've got an Autechre ticket I'm gonna have to try and get rid of.

They don't check names. But they'll take your ticket back and will give you credit.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, scatteredscreens said:

Quick question, anyone had any experience buying/selling tickets for gigs at the Barbican fan to fan? All their policy says you can't do it etc but I can't see any identifiers on the e-ticket. I've got an Autechre ticket I'm gonna have to try and get rid of.

Loads of Divine Comedy fans trading tickets for the residency this week, no-one had any problems getting from what I could tell. They weren't even scanning the tickets (but all seated shows so not like you could get in twice on one ticket!)

Hey - apologies if this is the wrong thread but

I have 2x tickets for sale for the Mercury Music Prize this Thurs 8th. I got row G seats in the circle near - really great seats but can no longer make it.

Little Simz / Wet Leg / Self Esteem / Sam Fender.. etc all performing. Just want to recoup what I paid for them so just looking for £50 for the pair. Let me know if interested!!

After the fiasco with Embrace earlier in the week, The Lottery Winners have announced their biggest ever headline show, and it's in one of my favourite venues, the Albert Hall in Manchester.

Tickets on sale now! 😍

32 minutes ago, scatteredscreens said:

What we saying on Pulp tour dates announcements? Start of November/December so it reaches into that Christmas present territory? Or has someone heard a rough time

If they are doing a festival tour first, it will depend on whatever that schedule is. If they are doing their own thing, id imagine Nov