Can I be the first to moan about it being too hot? :P

WheresMyTent

9 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

where's the fun in that? :D

Exactly - I look forward to this all year. I want to get smashed! I don't want the weather stopping me

5 minutes ago, Dillyblue said:

But great being that tall as you can see over most people's heads. Son also 6ft 4 and can always see the acts.  I am 5ft 6 and often struggle.

Yeah. Someone asked me about being claustrophobic at gigs. I said - well I can always see. Even if someone around me is my height or bigger, not many will be.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, shuttlep said:

2010 was heaven, i don;t even remember it being too hot, just that i walked around all weekend in flip flops and shorts t - shirt and a hat 

and i slept outside

I'd take 2010 again. Was watching the Ray Davies set today thinking how good the place looked.

It was my wife's first Glastonbury and our honeymoon. 

9 minutes ago, eastynh said:

Gingers can give in the moaning. I have a bald head so no protection at all. I also have a Casper complexion.

This weather is prefect. The Glade was made for days like today.

Oi give over on the ginger bashing. I'll happily take a good dose of heat stroke for the team. Bake me babee! 

I'm not a fan of heat, anything above 25* is pointless, went on holiday to Tunisia in 2001 and it was 45* at 9 am as we got of the plane and it was like being hit in the face with a cricket bat, perfect weather at a festival like Glastonbury is 23* with a very slight breeze and a few passing fluffy clouds , although I'd take overcast and 17* but absolutely no rain

13 minutes ago, Smeble said:

I'm not a fan of heat, anything above 25* is pointless, went on holiday to Tunisia in 2001 and it was 45* at 9 am as we got of the plane and it was like being hit in the face with a cricket bat, perfect weather at a festival like Glastonbury is 23* with a very slight breeze and a few passing fluffy clouds , although I'd take overcast and 17* but absolutely no rain

I went to Tunisia 28 years ago and still have the burn scars to this day.... sea and 40 degree heat is not an ideal combination

Its very hot in the UK today.  Tomorrow I leave on a train for France (currently hotter), then onwards into Spain (hotter still) then finally trundling south to Marrakech in Morocco (yep, even hotter).  I return with just one week to go before Glasto and I recon by then I'll be easily able to cope with any weather there.  

Edited by ian the worm

25 minutes ago, ian the worm said:

Its very hot in the UK today.  Tomorrow I leave on a train for France (currently hotter), then onwards into Spain (hotter still) then finally trundling south to Marrakech in Morocco (yep, even hotter).  I return with just one week to go before Glasto and I recon by then I'll be easily able to cope with any weather there.  

Enjoy Marrakech, we went in March and it was brilliant 

18 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

A bit racist?

I was merely referring to the title of the program when I posted the photo. To conclude, my statement was innocuous and was merely meant to read 'some people like the heat, and for others it's a case of it ain't half hot mom'. In fact, I don't even understand where you are coming from in claiming that my post was potentially racist. No doubt you'll educate me.

4 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

It's the people who think that it ain't half hot that are a bit racist.

Does that refer to the people in the program? To be honest, I can't fully remember the content - I'm not sure if that's because it was on decades ago or because I've seriously damaged my memory through self indulgence.  As I say, it was merely the title of the program I was referring to, and was never meant to be read in any racist way. :)