Headliner poll

payneruk

Clashes permitting. Which Pyramid Headliners will you watch ?  

421 members have voted

1. 1. Clashes permitting. Which Pyramid Headliners will you watch ?

• All of them
    • Just Ed
    • Just Foos
    • Just Radiohead
    • Ed + Foos
    • Ed + Radiohead
    • Foos + Radiohead
    • None of them!

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't missed Mr.Grohl yet in a UK tour and I don't plan on it just yet.

Having witnessed an interesting individual Thom performance I would love to see Radiohead together, might blur out some of his oddities.... And I've always been a creep.

Also getting stuck at Ed Sheeran in the crowds I have now managed to unintentionally see him on two separate occassions which is quite enough for me.

The Foo Fighters and Radiohead for me this year I think.

Edited by Sallyjk
Rephrase

Definitely going to watch Radiohead. Saw them in 94, 97 and 2003. So no way am I missing them in 2017. Will watch Foo Fighters too. Watched them a few times at Glastonbury, Reading, Southampton, so be good to see them again. I'm not going to see Ed.

7 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Flaming Lips are definitely on Friday but I don't think we've had any indication as to where they'll end up, so could be a JP/Park headline slot but could also easily be lower down on the Other.

Bloody hell that'd be the one. Lips on Other, finishing in time to see XX sub RH....:o

7 hours ago, russycarps said:

Only a cloth-eared wretch wouId want to go and see Ed, and thankfully most efesters have exemplary music taste so don't fall into this category. The poll results are no surprise at all.

God bless efests!

No, most efesters follow 6music and that is all so if it's not Friday eve or Saturday early evening it's not an issue. The outside world may have interest too but they aren't stuck on one radio station with the inability to turn switch.

If I manage to get there, Friday - Radiohead are a definite. Saturday - I can take or leave the foos so will see what clashes, if nobody really jumps out then I may do half and half. And despite my love of gingers, on Sunday night, I'll be far far away from the pyramid!

Nothing will really be decided by the group until were there however I think we will see Foos & RH. I've seen Foos quite a few times before but it's been over a decade since I last saw them. I've seen RH a couple times before and given a straight up choice of RH v Lips I would normally pick Lips but I have lips tickets for August. One mate going is a huge RH fan and another a massive Lips fan so I will have options of both and decide on the day.

Doubtful I would see Ed. I think he's a talented kid but not really my bag.

Who knows where the spirits will take me though.

I will 100% be at Radiohead, I really hope they don't clash with Flaming Lips but there's no way I'm not seeing Radiohead play the pyramid 

I'll also be at Ed, I've been a massive fan since before his first album and its been really good watching him get huge but I've never had a chance to see him yet so im quite excited for that, but I could sacrifice him if there's a clash 

So far I have no plans for Saturday night but I'm sure that won't last 

3 hours ago, thewayiam said:

No, most efesters follow 6music and that is all so if it's not Friday eve or Saturday early evening it's not an issue. The outside world may have interest too but they aren't stuck on one radio station with the inability to turn switch.

Is 'following' a radio station the same thing as sometimes having it on in the background when I'm doing the dishes?

It's still looking like just Radiohead for me. Yesterday I tried (once again) to get into The Foos, I even watched loads of gig footage but they just do nothing for me. I'll likely opt for Alt J instead, even if the rest of my group go to The Foos.

Looks like it will be all for me. Want to see Foos and Radiohead (need to catch up on the more recent stuff) and the wife likes Ed Sheeran so will be there for him also. I don't hate Ed as much as many on here seem to! :lol: ....but he is everywhere! :huh:

19 hours ago, Grinding aftertaste said:

I'd be torn right down the middle between Radiohead and ATCQ, but it sounds like my Glasto buddy is much keener on O'Brien and co so that doves that problem.

Foos and Ed can get in the sea. Justice would be a decent enough Sunday closer. Love to finish with a party. What's the score for Saturday night? Alt-J, Jacksons, ... ? Might be going off-piste. Shoop shoop!

By the sounds of it, alt-J, The Jacksons and Warpaint, with JP totally up in the air.

14 hours ago, Stokesy10 said:

Bloody hell that'd be the one. Lips on Other, finishing in time to see XX sub RH....:o

Hoping Flips are 3rd down Other (can't see them being any lower), allowing me to see them and then get over to the Pyramid for the second half of The xx (the first half looks pretty boring, setlist-wise) and then bag a good position for Radiohead.