Shangri-La announces

FloorFiller

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, The60ftOctopus said:

LBHQ had one of the best lineups for me. Hopefully it will be under the form of a new stage/name. 

Also this theme definitely sounds industrial so fingers crossed for some industrial techno.

I have heard if Love Bullets is there it will be near Glade for a few reasons. Don't know why/how near Glade. However dont be suprised if not there, will update as I hear news.

The initial reactgion nin my head is something akin to: WWWWAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH  :lol:

And then wondering how on earth I can fit it all in.... Napalm Death are going to clash with Radiohead, aren't they?

Roni Size, Goldi, Gentlemans Duy Club, Craig Charles, London elecktricity....ohohohoh :wub:

You kno when people say they can't wait for something? What if in this case it's actually true???

1 hour ago, Tommy101 said:

Napalm Death and so solid crew on the same line up! I fucking love this festival

Very much so for the latter, had some cracking tunes back in the youth.

1 hour ago, Havors said:

Yes! Diplo, Yoda, Ellis dee and mc ribbz

Love it!!! Bit concerned there being no heaven though ha 

Ellis dee and ribbz taking me back to helter smelter!!! Fucking epic 

Diplo and Yoda are decent.

1 hour ago, Simpo said:

More info on the official site

I wouldn't assume too much about it, I mean we know the Rocket Lounge and Deluxe Diner are there, and they aren't on the poster.

Earache Express is a stage curated by Earache Records, known for metal. Looks like it's a much more musically diverse Shangri-La this year, which has often been a request! :)

I could see Dropkicks getting a slot in here somewhere

4 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

The initial reactgion nin my head is something akin to: WWWWAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH  :lol:

And then wondering how on earth I can fit it all in.... Napalm Death are going to clash with Radiohead, aren't they?

Roni Size, Goldi, Gentlemans Duy Club, Craig Charles, London elecktricity....ohohohoh :wub:

You kno when people say they can't wait for something? What if in this case it's actually true???

Craig Charles afternoon takeover was great fun last year, lovely vibes down there.

41 minutes ago, Jakkkkobz said:

I have heard if Love Bullets is there it will be near Glade for a few reasons. Don't know why/how near Glade. However dont be suprised if not there, will update as I hear news.

Hmmm, cheers. Interestingly though Shangri La or Glade areas hadn't changed on the map.

Line up aside which seems pretty good.... I'm worried this instalment is going to be an art students over indulgent experiment... And be a but contrived?

100% hope I'm wrong but the "story" behind it is a bit.... meh 

Fingers crossed it's epic.

Another dance based poster comes and goes without The Bloody Beetroots on it. Starting to think it may not happen this year.

Other than that this looks bloody great. Napalm Death, London Elektricity Big Band and Adam Freeland are all on the must see list.

I've had a shed load of fun at Ghetto Funk Allstars and Slamboree over the years, and now I've just seen they are doing some kind of vs. shindig. Oh my. 

Edited by mf_2005

Awesome lineup, NAPALM DEATH, Gentlemans Dub Club, Chainska Brasiska, Craig Charles, London Elektricity Big Band, A Tribe Called Red, The Ska Avengers, Yoda. 

Tremendous. I imagine their will be a few other gems I aint heard as well. 

wtf is a clash? im so out of touch with this side of things :P

im not into metal at all so napalm does nothing for me, any good EDM / Deep house / house music in there?? (my mates prefer that type of stuff).

This little tidbit sounds interesting

'Shelter is sought inside towers of textiles, pillars of plastic and columns of consumerism. The rubbish is a refuge. Every space becomes a place to party or ponder, be it a tube train, a bus, a skip or a bin. Keep it real, Keep it tidy.'

Hoping this means little areas to hang out in and various micro-venues. Either way excited to see a new layout. Hope Love Bullets is back in some form.

2 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Looks like there's a dedicated reggae stage though.

Yes looks like it, certainly a more diverse mix of styles in SE Corner this year! Excellent.

Chainska Brassika, Craig Charles Special (ohhhh yes!), The Brass Funkeys, Island Records Vintage Remix, Ska Vengers, all sounds unmissable, never been so happy with the Shangri-La line-up!

Had a look on Earache's twitter and the guy that owns them, they've been dropping hints all week and no-one has picked up on it.

Not really surprising in itself but given the number of Glastonbury searches done by people on here and elsewhere I'd have thought someone would've clocked it. 

33 minutes ago, TiZuff said:

wtf is a clash? im so out of touch with this side of things :P

im not into metal at all so napalm does nothing for me, any good EDM / Deep house / house music in there?? (my mates prefer that type of stuff).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sound_clash

A great Jamaican tradition.

Oh, and I was there...

1 hour ago, thewayiam said:

Very much so for the latter, had some cracking tunes back in the youth.

Diplo and Yoda are decent.

I could see Dropkicks getting a slot in here somewhere

as in the Murphys ? one of my favourite bands - they were meant to open the main stage in 97 or 98 (I forgte) but didn't and I never found out why :/

Edited by paulshane

5 hours ago, paulshane said:

as in the Murphys ? one of my favourite bands - they were meant to open the main stage in 97 or 98 (I forgte) but didn't and I never found out why :/

Yes, they aren't metal but they are more that than the usual booked on other stages. I know Shikari have been booked for other but they are a more recognised, radio friendly etc, maybe that people into them would make more effort to see then there than with a daytime clash, although they would be low down any main stage anyway. We'll see I guess, their dates look like Friday/Sat.

I'm sure it will look great, but the whole rubbish/industrial scene seems really depressing to me, I want it to be visually uplifting exciting.. we already have Block 9 and the Unfairground for that darker stylistic Image.