Coachella 2017 Live Stream

BlackHole2006

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

This is the worst "proof" of anything I've ever seen. Oh how have you managed to post twice within a minute????? Oh I really can't work it out. We must all be wrong. 

Not checked the 'online' section much have you?  me and waterfalls online and posting together numerous times since I came back (I do check it) and noones twigged yet? We are experiencing a whole new level of stupid capn! she cannae hold!

6 minutes ago, thatcrazypenguin said:

Not checked the 'online' section much have you?  me and waterfalls online and posting together numerous times since I came back (I do check it) and noones twigged yet? We are experiencing a whole new level of stupid capn! she cannae hold!

On modern computer devices I believe it's possible to have more than one `tab` open at once. 

Not that I don't believe you. 

1 hour ago, eastynh said:

Consistent does not make better though. James Milner is consistent, he is not going to make the hairs on the back of your neck stand on end though

If you are going to judge him against the other 3, is he as good a rapper? No chance, the timbre of his vocal is no where near as pleasant on the ear. Does he have any cross over tunes, well I have not heard any yet.

This is the thing, there are far more worrying issues going on in the world right now than current African American politics. He is rapping about the issues that affect him and rightly so. Yet that unfortunately that is not the biggest worry for the rest of us. People seem to rave about him for the message he is getting a cross and that is fair enough if you like political and social commentary in your music.. Not seen many people talk about his actual music, his chorus, his breaks, his hooks or his melodies though.

Now if he can influence people with his message and make a positive contribution to the issues which are ruining peoples lives then that is to be praised and applauded.

For me personally his message does not resonate with me. I do not know the issues affecting the lives of African Americans in Delaware, or Detroit or Chicago. Yes I have been appalled by some of the images I have seen. But lets be honest here, I have gone to bed at night and totally forgot about it, then gone on with my life, just like a bloke in Delaware would if he heard about someone getting stabbed to death at the end of my street.

Now when he starts singing about motherfuckers, niggas and ho ass bitches, I can't relate to that. Unfortunately the actual music is not pleasant enough to entice me in while I try and make sense of the message he is trying to get across.

Wow, comparing k.dot to James Milner, I'm done !

You can relate to muthafuckers, niggas and ho bitches, were the fuck you living boy ! 

He speaks to me as he talks about real issues like inner struggle, depression, anxiety, , alcoholism and the dark voices within. He could a worldwide superstar by taking the easy option and just rapping about bitches and bling but he actually talks about real issues, not just in his community, not just in his country, but issues that effect most people. 

Edited by swede

26 minutes ago, sunnydaysblue said:

Sorry if this has already been explained but I'm trying to watch Royksopp on the live feed 3 on YouTube. 

It only seems to play the Friday line up though so it's getting a bit frustrating.

How do I get to the second day of acts where Royksopp are listed?

I think they are/were replaying the Sunday acts today - they've been doing the previous days acts throughout our daytime and Justice, Kendrick and New Order all just finished.

Not sure if anyone will upload Royksopp to YouTube, will have to wait and see.

5 hours ago, Time Being said:

Coming from someone who has been to Bonnaroo (but not the other tw), I would go for one of the other two. Bonnaroo is fun and all but the setting doesn't hold a candle to Nola or Socal.

Love Cali, Bonnaroo is just really hot, dusty and stupidly humid is it not?....can also be rain that Coachella rarely has, didn't see a cloud wen i went.

4 hours ago, kalifire said:

I think that's almost certainly the case. Not to headline, but to be part of the festival in some capacity. I can't imagine they wouldn't even have approached his people. Maybe he couldn't make it, maybe he didn't want to play Glastonbury, maybe it's not in his strategic career arc at this point.

I agree that if Kendrick was booked to headline, most people would have to look him up. That doesn't necessarily disqualify him of course, but for all their talk of giving upcoming bands a chance at the headline slots, they don't. Not on the Pyramid. Artists are always much more established than Kendrick is. He's headlining Coachella because America has a more evolved appreciation of hip hop music and enough people in it to ensure pretty much anyone with a good degree of success within their genre is going to get a good crowd.

In no disrespect at all, the states have Compton and various other areas where hip hop and rap is the main listened to genre.

Edited by thewayiam

4 hours ago, swede said:

Wow, comparing k.dot to James Milner, I'm done !

You can relate to muthafuckers, niggas and ho bitches, were the fuck you living boy ! 

He speaks to me as he talks about real issues like inner struggle, depression, anxiety, , alcoholism and the dark voices within. He could a worldwide superstar by taking the easy option and just rapping about bitches and bling but he actually talks about real issues, not just in his community, not just in his country, but issues that effect most people. 

Not sure where you are getting I can relate to those things as I am sure I specifically said that I have no real understanding of the issues facing African Americans.

You have totally misread when I was saying. You presume that I need social commentary from pop singers but I don't. I know all about anxiety, depression, death, drug issues and so on. Hence why I like my music to take my mind off the day to day grind of life. if I wanted to listen to songs about depression and mental issues then I would listen to Joy Division as the singer from there really knew what he was talking about unfortunately.

Again you are commenting on what he has to say rather than his actual songs. if you like protest singers then fair enough, it is not really my thing. I am looking out for melodies, choruses, chord progressions, basslines and vocals. For me they are the most important things. What emotions does the artist stir in me, can I dance to it, does it make me smile? 

Now I presume Kendrick is an artist that could make me think. unfortunately the accompanying music just bored me and left me not wanting to listen to any more. The album you asked me to listen to, in the first 2 songs how many times does he say bitch, nigga, mother fucker and ho? Now unfortunately the music was not good enough imo to keep me interested in what he had to say, it was nothing new and i felt like I had heard it all before.

Contrast that to someone like the Clash. the clash did protest songs, political songs and commented on the world around them. The difference between the 2 is that the Clash managed to do it in catchy pop songs while also using different rhythms and so on. They sang about social injustice, racism and loads of relevant things. Yet they had a catchy chorus, killer riffs, mad groovy drums and basslines, amazing melodies. Thats the reason The clash crossed many bounries and still managed to get their message across to the mainstream. They used to get played by the early house dj's, they were sampled by the likes of Afrika Bambatta and name checked by every guitar band since. Kendrick does none of that. He is obviously singing about things that affect a lot of people lives, but with the language he uses it says nothing to me about mine. The music seems to be an after thought, threw together on Ableton, to accompany his message. 

Fair play to the lad. I hope he has a positive impact on peoples lives. Yet for me personally, it is not music I would listen to at home to gain enjoyment from.

Edited by eastynh

12 minutes ago, eastynh said:

Not sure where you are getting I can relate to those things as I am sure I specifically said that I have no real understanding of the issues facing African Americans.

You have totally misread when I was saying. You presume that I need social commentary from pop singers but I don't. I know all about anxiety, depression, death, drug issues and so on. Hence why I like my music to take my mind off the day to day grind of life. if I wanted to listen to songs about depression and mental issues then I would listen to Joy Division as the singer from there really knew what he was talking about unfortunately.

Again you are commenting on what he has to say rather than his actual songs. if you like protest singers then fair enough, it is not really my thing. I am looking out for melodies, choruses, chord progressions, basslines and vocals. For me they are the most important things. What emotions does the artist stir in me, can I dance to it, does it make me smile? 

Now I presume Kendrick is an artist that could make me think. unfortunately the accompanying music just bored me and left me not wanting to listen to any more. The album you asked me to listen to, in the first 2 songs how many times does he say bitch, nigga, mother fucker and ho? Now unfortunately the music was not good enough imo to keep me interested in what he had to say, it was nothing new and i felt like I had heard it all before.

Contrast that to someone like the Clash. the clash did protest songs, political songs and commented on the world around them. The difference between the 2 is that the Clash managed to do it in catchy pop songs while also using different rhythms and so on. They sang about social injustice, racism and loads of relevant things. Yet they had a catchy chorus, killer riffs, mad groovy drums and basslines, amazing melodies. Thats the reason The clash crossed many bounries and still managed to get their message across to the mainstream. They used to get played by the early house dj's, they were sampled by the likes of Afrika Bambatta and name checked by every guitar band since. Kendrick does none of that. He is obviously singing about things that affect a lot of people lives, but with the language he uses it says nothing to me about mine. The music seems to be an after thought, threw together on Ableton, to accompany his message. 

Fair play to the lad. I hope he has a positive impact on peoples lives. Yet for me personally, it is not music I would listen to at home to gain enjoyment from.

Each to their own, that's ultimately the beauty of music.I've had the fortune of seeing him live at what at the time was quite a low point in my adult life, a few months removed from some of the worst months to date of my adult life and he blew me away, there's points in some songs that can make you think but boy can he work a crowd, has an amazing presence and energy and his band are so good. 

I get something out of his music you don't as I have him on all the time at home and think the music to songs like I, Maad City, Kunta ect and some already off the new album have amazing beats and drops. 

Again we can go back and forth and I'm sure we will as I'm enjoying it, as my sticking point is you think the music is an afterthought, TPAB is jazz infused hip hop, how is that thrown together, it is well thought out and some of the album tracks are very intricate in the way the music is put together 

Btw the Clash are killer !!! Wish I'd have got to see them 

Just now, swede said:

Each to their own, that's ultimately the beauty of music.I've had the fortune of seeing him live at what at the time was quite a low point in my adult life, a few months removed from some of the worst months to date of my adult life and he blew me away, there's points in some songs that can make you think but boy can he work a crowd, has an amazing presence and energy and his band are so good. 

I get something out of his music you don't as I have him on all the time at home and think the music to songs like I, Maad City, Kunta ect and some already off the new album have amazing beats and drops. 

Again we can go back and forth and I'm sure we will as I'm enjoying it, as my sticking point is you think the music is an afterthought, TPAB is jazz infused hip hop, how is that thrown together, it is well thought out and some of the album tracks are very intricate in the way the music is put together 

Btw the Clash are killer !!! Wish I'd have got to see them 

Exactly mate, differing opinions is what makes music so fascinating.

And I was not comparing him to James Milner, I was just highlighting how being consistent is not always a match winner :D

Just now, eastynh said:

Exactly mate, differing opinions is what makes music so fascinating.

And I was not comparing him to James Milner, I was just highlighting how being consistent is not always a match winner :D

Kendricks just headlined Coachella and is being touted for a Glastonbury headline slot

Come back when Milner scores the winning goal in the champions league final and everyone wants him to captain England to a World Cup finals :D 

2 hours ago, thewayiam said:

Love Cali, Bonnaroo is just really hot, dusty and stupidly humid is it not?....can also be rain that Coachella rarely has, didn't see a cloud wen i went.

In no disrespect at all, the states have Compton and various other areas where hip hop and rap is the main listened to genre.

Yes the two Bonnaroos I went to were very hot, humid and dusty. It's also in the middle of nowhere in an area of the country that I would personally would not really want to visit aside from going to the festival itself. Don't get me wrong it's a hell of a party.. if it were me though coming from abroad I would go for having New Orleans as home base or LA with the great weather of Coachella.