Who's playing which day 2017

the wonderwhy

Just caught up with this thread, that last page was a bloodbath. 

After all this chat, I'm probably going to have to nip over to the Other at some point during Lorde's set just because of my interest in the size of her crowd. I would definitely have been up for seeing her if she was lower pyramid but late evening she can get the fuck out, the bigger guns will take over my thinking.

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

it's not a presumption - tho whether what someone has told me is accurate, we've yet to find out.

(on the basis of other info from the same source having been proven good, I strongly suspect it is right tho if it's not it wouldn't be the first time I'm placed too much belief in what someone has said ... tho my record is pretty good. I don't just believe stuff because someone says it).

No, sorry, I didn't mean that your info about him playing sub wasn't correct....I just meant because some people have said maybe he would be bumped up to fill the headliner slot, which may or may not have been previously held by ATCQ. If he has been, then it doesn't matter how long Radiohead are playing for...  :(

Edited by Sasperella

2 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

No, sorry, I didn't mean that your info about him playing sub wasn't correct....I just meant because some people have said maybe he would be bumped up to fill the headliner slot, which may or may not have been previously held by ATCQ. If he has been, then it doesn't matter how long Radiohead are playing for...  :(

I don't see him being bumped up myself as I'm sure they could find a replacement in the month they have, but I guess we'll have to wait and see when the full lineup drops.

3 hours ago, swede said:

I don't know why people think Lorde can't play 4th down on the pyramid. In recent years both Mary J Blige and Lana Del Ray have played 4th down. 

It's not even that, Snoop Dog has played 4th down who is a bigger name than both!

While she is a pop singer, I think the style of her songs are u likely gor a RH/The XX clash.

I'm looking at:

Radiohead, The XX, Royal Blood, Lorde, Blossoms, Krist K, Hacienda Classical.

Unless I've missed something, Ezra could still be 3rd down Other on Friday allowing Stormzy to take 5th Pyramid or Ezra could be 5th Pyramid moving Stormzy to a higher Other spot.

3 hours ago, swede said:

I don't know why people think Lorde can't play 4th down on the pyramid. In recent years both Mary J Blige and Lana Del Ray have played 4th down. 

Well Lorde is bigger than those acts, size-wise she's more an Other sub than a 4th Pyramid, her poster positioning makes her look like an Other sub, and Stormzy (logic) or George Ezra (info) look more likely to take 4th Pyramid on that day.

Yeah she could play 4th Pyramid but Other sub looks like her most likely position.

10 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Well Lorde is bigger than those acts

She really isn't. She's had one album out, and a couple of new singles. However good they are (and I love Royals) I'm sure she'd be well happy with playing fourth on one of the most famous stages in the world.

1 minute ago, DJ Cull said:

She really isn't. She's had one album out, and a couple of new singles. However good they are (and I love Royals) I'm sure she'd be well happy with playing fourth on one of the most famous stages in the world.

Yep, even at her peak during the last album tour, Lorde was supporting Arcade Fire.  She's lost quite a bit of momentum over the intervening 3 years.  I'd say her trajectory has pretty much mirrored Lana Del Ray actually.

8 hours ago, dentalplan said:

It really is inconsequential though. It's only really a bugbear of mine when people have just joined the forum and get a downvote for an innocent question or suggestion and get dissuaded from coming back. If you're here long enough then you should know that people downvote all the time for any reason and you'd never have time to enjoy discussion if you worried about lurkers taking umbrage at a post.

Yeah fair play, thought my original statement was pretty innocent to be honest. Altho still surprised at how words can be twisted, which saddens me. Never said only or just, just talked about how many ppl would be there cos I thought Lorde was mostly supported by ages between 10 and 20 and that's quite diff to the GF demographic. Never mind eh, it's all a laugh ;)

8 hours ago, Will-2609 said:

Well Lorde is bigger than those acts, size-wise she's more an Other sub than a 4th Pyramid, her poster positioning makes her look like an Other sub, and Stormzy (logic) or George Ezra (info) look more likely to take 4th Pyramid on that day.

Yeah she could play 4th Pyramid but Other sub looks like her most likely position.

She really isn't though is she. She's got more hype about her than Lana and in no way is she bigger than Mary J Blige, lets be realistic.

As OP pointed out Snoop has also played 4th down, as has BB King.

1 hour ago, swede said:

She really isn't though is she. She's got more hype about her than Lana and in no way is she bigger than Mary J Blige, lets be realistic.

As OP pointed out Snoop has also played 4th down, as has BB King.

Guess we're gonna have to agree to disagree on this one. Mary J Blige may have more of a legendary status (same as the other two) but in my mind Lorde is without doubt bigger than all three of those acts these days. We even had people predicting her to sub the Pyramid (although I accept that was never going to happen).

Not massively important or surprising but Blossoms have said they're playing on the  Pyramid (which we already knew) at a similar time as their Coachella sets, which were 1:10pm-1:50pm.

Perhaps more interestingly, the lead singer says Glastonbury "forgot" to include them on the first poster. Not a massive shock, as Emily confirmed them 24 hours later.

Anyway, full interview here: http://music.theaureview.com/interviews/tom-ogden-of-blossoms-uk-on-touring-with-two-door-cinema-club-glastonbury-asian-success-and-playing-wembley-stadium-with-the-stone-roses/

22 minutes ago, Huckleberry Finn said:

Not massively important or surprising but Blossoms have said they're playing on the  Pyramid (which we already knew) at a similar time as their Coachella sets, which were 1:10pm-1:50pm.

Perhaps more interestingly, the lead singer says Glastonbury "forgot" to include them on the first poster. Not a massive shock, as Emily confirmed them 24 hours later.

Anyway, full interview here: http://music.theaureview.com/interviews/tom-ogden-of-blossoms-uk-on-touring-with-two-door-cinema-club-glastonbury-asian-success-and-playing-wembley-stadium-with-the-stone-roses/

So basically they will be the 6th down Pyramid act Friday, doesn't 100% fot with times but 7th is too early and they'll be higher than that.

15 hours ago, fowls said:

Yep, even at her peak during the last album tour, Lorde was supporting Arcade Fire.  She's lost quite a bit of momentum over the intervening 3 years.  I'd say her trajectory has pretty much mirrored Lana Del Ray actually.

I would say that Lorde disappearing from the spotlight and then coming back so strong actually feeds the hype train. She is definitely more in the spotlight than Lana Del Rey who has put out music constantly and who's star seems to fade a little recently.  

5 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

Blossoms before Kristofferson I'd have thought?

Nah I'd have it the other way. 

If Lorde is Other sub....I don't see it then I'm see Liam, Lorde clashing with every bloody thing on smaller stages! Liam could also go 3rd Saturday but that then clashes with Gaga ;) when she subs Pyramid and The National headline Saturday night Other.