Who's playing which day 2017

the wonderwhy

2 minutes ago, evannn said:

Cool, I didn't think they'd get that long. Was expecting ~2 hours for them and a little less for Ed

To be fair I'd expect them to play for around 2 hours. At Lollapalooza last year they had a 2.5 hour set and played for around 2 hours (I think some on here said it was just over 2 hours). They've been given 2.5 hour sets at festivals this year so I expect the same at Glasto, but they'll still probably only play for just over 2 hours.

Just now, Chewie said:

Flaming Lips are also headlining on Friday aren't they?

Always a great show

They're Friday but we have no idea what slot they're in. Some are predicting JP headline whilst some are predicting high Other.

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Odessa said:

Ah glad it's not 100% set in stone at least but I think this is gonna be the worst night of clashes at any festival I've been to. Can easily see it being Lorde, Mark Lanegan, Future Islands, Angel Olsen and Anderson Paak all lost to Radiohead. Doesn't get any worse than that really.

Yep it's annoying. Radiohead, The xx, The Flaming Lips, Anderson .Paak, Mark Lanegan and Angel Olsen are all acts I'd really want to see. Plus ATCQ before their tour cancellation.

Realistically I imagine I'll see Radiohead and one of The Flaming Lips/The xx. Maybe Angel Olsen if she's on early enough. But it is very annoying.

Similar to the Muse/Foals/Sigur Rós/Savages/Explosions in the Sky clusterfuck last year.

Edit: I hope I don't pick the worst two again this year.

Edited by Will-2609

Just now, Will-2609 said:

Yep it's annoying. Radiohead, The xx, The Flaming Lips, Anderson .Paak, Mark Lanegan and Angel Olsen are all acts I'd really want to see. Plus ATCQ before their tour cancellation.

Realistically I imagine I'll see Radiohead and one of The Flaming Lips/The xx. Maybe Angel Olsen if she's on early enough. But it is very annoying.

Similar to the Muse/Foals/Sigur Rós/Savages/Explosions in the Sky clusterfuck last year.

I'm seeing Paak anyway at Parklife so not the end of the world that one for me. But they're pretty much all the acts I want to see most over the weekend all on at the same time, just Metronomy who are excluded from it. Ah well, The xx into Radiohead should be a great night! 

Well that's a bit sh*t! Radiohead, The xx and Lorde are 3 of my 5 must sees. A clash between any of them is disappointing but I'll probably remain at the Pyramid to secure a good spot for Radiohead. Would be gutting to miss Lorde though.

3 minutes ago, 42hamlet said:

Is there any actual reason why Friday always seems to be so full of clashes? Or is it a case of us seeing a pattern where there isn't one and it's just a coincidence?

I always remember my bro who played with Paolo Nutini in 2014 and said Friday is preferred as they then get to chill out the rest of the weekend! Makes sense! Not sure is Paolo picked that day or coincidence but the band defo preferred that day.

1 hour ago, broken monkey said:

Is it certain that the Other sub and Radiohead are going to clash? I know Muse started at 10.15pm and Bastille finished at 9.40pm last year so maybe there's hope, even if Radiohead start at a little earlier at 10pm. The wife's only must see is Lorde and mine is Radiohead so we'd be gutted to miss anything of either. 

Personally atm I'd go for Lorde 4th down Pyramid, Stormzy doing Pyramid expected act on Friday and Ezra on Other.

13 minutes ago, 42hamlet said:

Is there any actual reason why Friday always seems to be so full of clashes? Or is it a case of us seeing a pattern where there isn't one and it's just a coincidence?

Seeing them where there isn't one, I'd say. Considering we've had George Ezra, Circa Waves, Clean Bandit, Royal Blood, Blossoms and whoever chucked on Friday and as soon as two decent acts clash it's all "why always Friday?!". Saturday and even Sunday seem clashier at this point in the game.

Edited by dentalplan

1 minute ago, jparx said:

Hopefully that ends up being the case. 

Lorde just seems like a Pyramid act, some might have said the same about Paulo last time and I agree but he doesn't have the rareness that Lorde does. If she does sub Other then I don't care about Pyramid clashes but I've got potential Avalon/Acoustic one's. 

1 minute ago, simian_mobile_mushrooms said:

Why is everyone so sure Lorde would pull such a huge crowd? There can't be that many teen girls at the festival

Half the people mentioning the size of her crowd are actually taking the piss out of Matt42's assertions that she'd draw a dangerous crowd anywhere but the Pyramid.

Also yeah I don't think Lorde is a teenage girls' act is she?

4 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Half the people mentioning the size of her crowd are actually taking the piss out of Matt42's assertions that she'd draw a dangerous crowd anywhere but the Pyramid.

Also yeah I don't think Lorde is a teenage girls' act is she?

Ahh okay, I hadn't checked back far enough to realise it was all exaggerated. She'll do well, but I didn't think Glasto would be the place where she would have a strong fan base really. Also, I know it's not that scientific, but her music is really poppy and if you google 'lorde fans' it's 80% teenage girls, plus most of the people I know who like her are between 14 and 23 and girls.

2 minutes ago, simian_mobile_mushrooms said:

Also, I can't believe there's enough sensitive souls in here to downvote me because I dared to say that she'd only have a really big crowd if there were enough teenage girls there...

Complaining about downvotes is one sure way to guarantee yourself a few more.