2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

I feel like there’s a sense of wishful thinking for worse headliners to be announced so that people can get in on the resale ;) in terms of Stormzy, I think it’s an interesting booking. But the argument could be made that any British upcoming act off one successful album and a few Brit awards can now headline. 

Just now, ParkRanger14 said:

I feel like there’s a sense of wishful thinking for worse headliners to be announced so that people can get in on the resale ;) in terms of Stormzy, I think it’s an interesting booking. But the argument could be made that any British upcoming act off one successful album and a few Brit awards can now headline. 

rag n bone man  headliner

Solo artist, male Macca fan wouldn't like, surprised they're asked, might say no - and of suitable stature to replace the biggest name on the bill?

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/6623138/madonna-glastonbury-2019/

All Emily said a while back is that she had not been booked, and more recently we have the "amazing" quote.

Just now, Brave Sir Robin said:

Solo artist, male Macca fan wouldn't like, surprised they're asked, might say no - and of suitable stature to replace the biggest name on the bill?

All Emily said a while back is that she had not been booked, and more recently we have the "amazing" quote.

If it wasn't for the fee and Macca has dropped out, I'd say she'd be the one. Would be a massive booking

1 minute ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

nah. Straws and clutching come to mind.

Just now, mufcok said:

What's your current gut feeling, @eFestivals? Macca yay or nay?

I think it's likely that if someone in a fairly minor band has heard something, word would be reaching me from various directions too.

Then again, someone has always has to be first to have a nugget of info, so that doesn't mean what twitter girl is saying is wrong.

So currently I'm more inclined to disbelieve it than believe it, but that only stands until I get the next bit of info.

3 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I think it's likely that if someone in a fairly minor band has heard something, word would be reaching me from various directions too.

Then again, someone has always has to be first to have a nugget of info, so that doesn't mean what twitter girl is saying is wrong.

So currently I'm more inclined to disbelieve it than believe it, but that only stands until I get the next bit of info.

Yeah fair enough. I wait with bated breath..

5 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

How much waiting is waiting before the lack of extra word renders twitter girl a fibber?

3 minutes ago, Little Andy said:

How much waiting is waiting before the lack of extra word renders twitter girl a fibber?

:lol:

I've no way of knowing that she is until Macca is announced, if he is.

But even if Macca is never announced, it still doesn't prove she's got the good info unless she gets more explicit about what she's heard.

For all I know at the moment, Macca might have never been in the frame at all and just about everyone has that part wrong.

After all, all anyone really has is gossip.

Edited by eFestivals

2 hours ago, Brunty9 said:

2014 headliners were/are big draws. All very well established. In my eyes, Arcade Fire, Metallica, Kasabian is significantly stronger than Stormzy, Macca, The Cure 

from reading some people on here, you'd think Kasabian and Arcade Fire were unknowns playing to 50 people in pubs when they headlined Glastonbury (see also Mumford and Sons).

Arcade Fire had played multiple arenas on tour here, and already headlined R&L. two UK no.1 albums, and a no.2 album.

Metallica had done multiple arena tours, headlined R&L, Sonisphere, Download, Wembley Stadium...multiple UK no.1 albums.

Kasabian - multiple arenas, headlined R&L, headlined IoW. Four UK no.1 albums, and a no.4 album.

The Cure, McCartney and Lady Gaga basically play the same type of gigs here. Stormzy hasn't done anything close to those yet.

sure, none of them are Coldplay/Adele/Muse/U2/Ed Sheeran stature regular stadium botherers, multi-million album sellers, but neither are most Glastonbury headliners.

there's a lot of rewriting of history on here in general.

• Upvote 6

4 minutes ago, mufcok said:

I'm not sure on the Macca 2020 shouts as well, that's over a year and a half away.. the guy's 76

I’ve thought that all along. I can’t really think of an obvious reason why, assuming he was booked for 2019, he’d now pull out. I don’t buy he’d do it to play a few more US dates, especially given his connections with the Eavii. I think he’s either doing it, or he never was in the first place. Time will tell when extra dates are announced for either Europe or the US. Or Glastonbury of course. 

1 minute ago, henry bear said:

I’ve thought that all along. I can’t really think of an obvious reason why, assuming he was booked for 2019, he’d now pull out. I don’t buy he’d do it to play a few more US dates, especially given his connections with the Eavii. I think he’s either doing it, or he never was in the first place. Time will tell when extra dates are announced for either Europe or the US. Or Glastonbury of course. 

Yeah I tend to agree. The comments from Emily and him, plus taking everything else into account does point to him doing it but I'm also looking at it through the eyes of someone desperate for him to do it