2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

4 minutes ago, gearbm95 said:

Is Madonna 100% out of the equation? She has a new album coming in 2019 and it'd make a ton of sense for her to headline...

It would but it appears her asking price is millions higher than what Glastonbury would be willing to pay

Stormzy, The Cure and Lady Gaga would be very strange headliners and I highly doubt the GP would lap that up.

i guess resale will be a walk in the park right?.... RIGHT?

also Lady Gaga being the biggest act on the lineup considering her career (before a star is born) is pretty mad. She was meant to be on a decline!

Edited by Matt42

2 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Stormzy, The Cure and Lady Gaga would be very strange headliners and I highly doubt the GP would lap that up.

also Lady Gaga being the biggest act on the lineup considering her career (before a star is born) is pretty mad. She was meant to be on a decline!

Yes I would. Stop telling me what I want.

One thing that makes me think it’s not Gaga though is that Emily said about a ‘couple of blokes’ thing and if Gaga was headlining I would have thought she may have referenced or at least hinted the female headliner? 

Also it hardly fits with the twitter random saying it’s someone you’d never guess/it being a shock. Lady Gaga seems to be linked every year and her stock is really high right now 

1 minute ago, strummer77 said:

One thing that makes me think it’s not Gaga though is that Emily said about a ‘couple of blokes’ thing and if Gaga was headlining I would have thought she may have referenced or at least hinted the female headliner? 

Also it hardly fits with the twitter random saying it’s someone you’d never guess/it being a shock. Lady Gaga seems to be linked every year and her stock is really high right now 

It depends whether the twitter user is a petitioner or not.

in their world Glasto only has stock for oasis

4 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

It depends whether the twitter user is a petitioner or not.

in their world Glasto only has stock for oasis

She comes across as sound enough. I don’t think she’s lying on anything either, just whether the info is legit or not (as most ends up being Chinese whispers even in good faith)

55 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Can’t really see why the general public would be overly against it.

Petitioners and Dark Fruits twitter probably would but in terms of the general public (which I realise does include the previous categories mentioned), it covers all bases.

Stormzy, Lady Gaga and The Cure eh...

So another 'yeah but there's loads of other acts' in the caf years then.

For me the headliners are at around 4pm anyway as they're the only sets I remember all the way through as I'm not too hungover or drunk at that point. Still hoping for Macca though (no slight meant against Gaga who might be a better choice).

21 minutes ago, thesecretingredientiscrime said:

Can’t really see why the general public would be overly against it.

Petitioners and Dark Fruits twitter probably would but in terms of the general public (which I realise does include the previous categories mentioned), it covers all bases.

Lonsdale would hate it.

For that reason I’m in.

1 hour ago, Mash011 said:

Mumfords just postponed their tour cos they're headlining glastonbury. 

Was looking for something to go to this week on DICE and noticed Mumfords had tickets for Manchester/Leeds still available. Hopefully they're not quite as likely a prospect going forward as we fear if they can't fill arenas...

Edited by Odessa

6 hours ago, danbailey80 said:

5. He was always booked for 2020 not this year

6. HE was booked for 2019 but it's now changed to 2020

6 - what I’ve been thinking. Emily mentioned that’s been a problem. And we’ve heard that Stormy Z might have stepped up from someone else. 

Chances we’ve been off all along, and it’s Stormz, Cure +1?

Best booking would be Gaga, but as I mentioned at the weekend, I’ve been told it’s Bruce. Both fit twitter girl’s tweet. 

4 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Do you not just mean people speculating that he could have been cos they don't think he's big enough? Seems pretty clear that he was booked to headline when he posted that IG story now.

True. We’ve had a lot of feeling that Cure + Macca didn’t sit right, me included, so maybe he’s been / asked to be put back to 2020 for a while now.