2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

8 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Not sure about kebabs, but I have it on good authority there's a very good curry house just over from the Hare & Hounds.

I went to see Los Campesinos! there last year, Gareth informed us all that the band had just eaten a great curry there and the man working had told them to spread the word. Having had no cause to go to Birmingham before or since I didn't expect to ever really spread that word but here we are 

I have been to that curry house and can vouch for it.

9 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

The pub opposite Asda is (or was) called The Goose. Fuck me, the clientele in there were / are phenomenally off the scale. I became my own boss within a billion pound charity company at one point in my life. Anyway, to cut a long story short I allowed myself to get enrolled on an IT course just up the road from the Goose. At first I granted myself two hours there on a Wednesday, but when I realised that nobody was taking note, I increased it to a day release program. Then what happened was that I went to the IT centre for an hour between 10am and 11am. Then when that was done I went over the road to the Goose, and stayed drinking in there for about 6 to 7 hours. So, effectively I was being paid to drink in the boozer. Now that's got to be a result in anybody's books. The things I saw go down in there would give you premature grey hairs. However, all those observations were, to my mind, a part of the rich tapestry of life.

Sounds like a great place for an efestivals "social" outside of the Glastonbury meet-up :lol:

54 minutes ago, Alex DeLarge said:

Never thought I'd see discussion about Boldmere here, gotta say Mother India is pretty great. 

Don't know how the thread got on to this but hey-ho.

Seconded for MI. What irks me about Sutton is that The Station has so much potential to even be a north side H&H, I was close to putting on some decent gigs (for Sutton fkn Coldfield) there about three ish years ago, and starting a monthly showcase, but the mgmt pulled out close to the time.

Pale Waves being one!

but if it’s not jazz or folk, I guess the region doesn’t want to know sadly

Edited by CJTM

6 minutes ago, CJTM said:

Seconded for MI. What irks me about Sutton is that The Station has so much potential to even be a north side H&H, I was close to putting on some decent gigs (for Sutton fkn Coldfield) there about three ish years ago, and starting a monthly showcase, but the mgmt pulled out close to the time.

Pale Waves being one!

but if it’s not jazz or folk, I guess the region doesn’t want to know sadly

I pretty much grew up in The Station. Love that pub, still drink in there whenever I'm back in Brum.

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass said:

I pretty much grew up in The Station. Love that pub, still drink in there whenever I'm back in Brum.

Litten Tree Thursday night £1 pints followed by Rosie’s for a tragic night my friend

5 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

There’s a rumour about that AC/DC are going back on tour in Europe next summer. Sadly the basis of this rumour is a reported show in Cologne in Glastonbury Saturday, which would rule them out really. Hopefully, if true, it is a two-summer tour again like the last one.

I believe AC/DC are one of those bands never expected to play Glastonbury cos they demand a fair (hefty!)  price?

Edited by Little Andy

28 minutes ago, Little Andy said:

I believe AC/DC are one of those bands never expected to play Glastonbury cos they demand a fair (hefty!)  price?

and their own stage and nobody else playing at the same time as them, but apart from that I think we're good.