2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

3 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Pink is just more an entertainer than a musician. She's just got her image as "I'm a badass nonconformist" which is completely superficial, she trades in pretty standard formulaic pop songs, and her live shows are completely reliant on big expensive stunts. Glastonbury has never really had a headliner like that, but they did have Katy Perry who fits almost exactly into the same mould.

Can't disagree with this, and I'd love to see Pink. However, she pisses on Katy Perry. Far, far better voice and performer, and a better back catalogue.

I agree I can't see her headlining at all, but I do think she'd be a good addition to The Pyramid somewhere down the bill. Whether she'd do that or not is a different story.

Yeah I'd rather listen to Pink than Katy Perry, or Gaga, or even Madonna personally. I like the guitary edge to a lot of her stuff. I still think she won't headline, and if she's not headlining then she won't be able to bring her stage-show, and unless she agrees to play a few slots down and do a more conventional stripped-down 'just the music' performance, then I really can't see her playing four/five nights in a row in order to be there

She has just in a stroke proven that she doesn't need the exposure!

2 hours ago, The Nal said:

Pyramid

Cheryl Cole

Nelly

M People

Other

Hootie and the Blowfish

Foxy Brown

Ultravox

Legends

Marc Cohn

No way Nelly doesn't play on the Sunday, would be uproar amongst the locals if Eavis books him and slots him elsewhere.

12 minutes ago, H.M.V said:

Just thinking we should ask Neil @eFestivals can he increase the reps for that night. You always run out of uppies in no time on Brit night. Think how many will need for Mark @Quarks input alone. 

You lot are way more receptive to my shit jokes than Mrs Q. I came here for the music and stayed for the validation.

Edited by Quark

25 minutes ago, battleborn said:

LATEST BREAKING NEWS

Rumour has it Adele might be back.

Apparently the Proclaimers have a date in Dundee on Friday and are working out if they can cover the 500 miles by Sunday.

Paul McCartney said he's deciding by dice, "let me roll it" he quipped.

Elton John has said he'll do it if he's still standing.

Stevie Wonder is in manhattan at six but looking at chartering a flight before sunset.

Oasis said people need to stop pressuring them and recognise the importance of being idle.

R.E.M are deciding by crystal ball, they prefer looking for answers in the great beyond.

Bon Jovi said someday it'll be Saturday night in Worthy Farm but they're not sure if they'll be there.

there's hundreds more where this lot came from...

Please stop posting tonight.

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, beau1 said:

Pop shite as far as I am concerned. The idea that one would headline over the other due to some sort of musical validity is frankly absurd. 

It’s comments like that which make me hope one of them will headline. Did you sign the Kanye petition as well? 

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I'm sure it's just a coincidence that battleborn comes back just as people stop biting at jj's nonsense.

I find jj's nonsense funny tho. The way he does it so incessantly is entertaining, especially now he's started replying to others and telling them their predictions will be wrong. I'm pretty sure it's someone on here posting on an alt who's actually come up with a funny character.

Battleborn's posts when he tries to go all jj on us are just really unfunny, especially when The Nal's already done the "copy jj's bizarre predictions and make them even more ridiculous" schtick.

Just reads as kinda sad tbh.

1 hour ago, ghostdancer1 said:

Pink doesn't do more than 2 nights in a row anywhere, even in the same city (9 nights in Melbourne, no more than 2 consecutively).

she's not doing 5 in a row to play Glastonbury.

she will not be at Glastonbury.

FIN

Hullo! I see your "doesn't do more than 2 nights in a row anywhere, even in the same city"... and I raise you 24th, 25th and 26th of August and then 17th, 18th & 19th of September in Sydney this year. Still doesn't mean she's at Glasto mind.

2 hours ago, kalifire said:

It’s comments like that which make me hope one of them will headline. Did you sign the Kanye petition as well? 

Well I think you missed the point. 

They can be pop shite and still headline/play the festival. I didn't suggest that they couldn't. However, arguing whether or not pink is less valid than Lady Gaga on some arbitrary scale is irrelevant. They are all basically pop shite artists and could play/headline on popularity alone.

They can play if the Eavis' want to but i'd find myself elsewhere.

Edited by beau1
Edit