2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

Just woke up and tried to convince myself that a Killers headline set makes sense because not everybody got to see them last year and a lot of people missed out... But surely that's part of the charm of a 'big band' doing a secret set. Isn't that kind of what makes it special?

I saw the killers at Latitude last year. As someone says earlier it was pretty underwhelming, Very much Brandon Flowers doing his Las Vegas show act with a session band. Liam joined them on stage and he did his best but it was pretty cringeworthy.  I am not looking forward to this at all.........

Far from a one hit wonder, just because "that" song was played to death doesn't mean it was their only hit. Their "secret" set last time around was fantastic as they played all of the fav's. I don't need to see them again though.

I have come to terms with the fact that my week will be full of people singing about coming out of cages and doing just fine.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

No one actually thinks The Killers are a one-hit wonder, do they? Just checking before I make use of this Home Exorcism Kit.

Of course not. He’s also got that one about being a human or a dancer and that one about somebody telling him something 

8 minutes ago, drunk pumpkin said:

Great song!

Also people need to move on from this! If they headline the field will be rammed. I may or may not be with them depending whats on one of the other 100 stages!!!!!

I do however love the outrage ?

Nobody’s outraged or saying nobody will see them, we’re just extremely underwhelmed.

8 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

Human and When You Were Young both charted higher than Mr.Brightside (and equal/higher than Somebody Told Me)

yeah but isn't Mr Brightside basically still in the charts? I'm sure its one of the longest charting songs in British history.

'With a total of 206 weeks, the song with the most weeks in the top 100 is "Mr Brightside" by the Killers.'

Edited by priest17
facts yo

8 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

Human and When You Were Young both charted higher than Mr.Brightside (and equal/higher than Somebody Told Me)

But tbf, Mr Brightside has been in the charts for 15 years straight. I'd say that's more of an achievement. 

Edit - ah @priest17 snap.

Edited by The Martini Police

48 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

They're not a one hit wonder but they do have one song that dominates their entire career and it's fair to say that they wouldn't be headlining G19 15 odd years later without it.

That is fair, but there's plenty of past headliners you can say similar about that didn't get the same level of abuse for it.

Hell, you could say it about Radiohead. Albeit they didn't actually play the song in question..