2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

4 minutes ago, mufcok said:

The Strokes will 100% play a major UK festival of some sorts as part of the European part of their '2019 Global Comeback', be bizarre if they didn't. Just whether that's gonna be Glastonbury or not...

Other than Glastonbury where else could they go?

Reading/Leeds, IOW, Latitude have all announced. They're not doing Download. The likes of Kendall would be too small for them. APE doesn't fit their schedule. BST are unlikely to have them back after last time...

Only viable alternatives could be Rize (if that's even still a thing), TRNSMT (which wouldn't stop them playing elsewhere) or a one off gig somewhere like Finsbury Park.

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass said:

Reading/Leeds, IOW, Latitude have all announced. They're not doing Download. The likes of Kendall would be too small for them. APE doesn't fit their schedule. BST are unlikely to have them back after last time...

Only viable alternatives could be Rize (if that's even still a thing), TRNSMT (which wouldn't stop them playing elsewhere) or a one off gig somewhere like Finsbury Park.

Agreed, TRNSMT seems the only other viable option but as you say that wouldn't stop anything unless they try tie them down to UK exclusive.

The more I think about it as they drip feed these European festival headline slots, I can't see them taking anything other than a Pyramid headline slot.

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass said:

Why would bst not want them back? Didn’t they have to reduce tickets to £2.50. I’m kinda worried it’s gonna be like arctic monkeys last year where trnsmt ended up being the only uk festival they did

3 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Several bits of info pointing to them doing APE, with some of them even coming after it became apparent it wouldn't fit in with their tour schedule.

Think it's Glasto plus either APE or nothing else.

1 minute ago, OddRon said:

Why would bst not want them back? Didn’t they have to reduce tickets to £2.50. I’m kinda worried it’s gonna be like arctic monkeys last year where trnsmt ended up being the only uk festival they did

They wouldn't have them back because they sold so poorly they were effectively giving tickets away just to fill the venue. I think BST has shifted towards things that are guaranteed to sell - heritage rock acts and pop superstars.

12 minutes ago, Henrik said:

If we end up with Stormzy, The Strokes and The Cure,  I honestly think it could be argued that IOW has a better set of headliners. :lol:

All good for us chumps in club resale though I guess

You know there’s a good chance two of IoW’s headliners will be subbing Glasto / headlining Other this year, and the other one subbed in 2017? Ffs