Next Announcement 2017 Thread

Gnomicide

3 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Well, I've got to say I'm seriously surprised that the announcement time info hasn't become public from another direction by now. I've had someone else fairly random get in touch to tell me the same details, too.

I've just had someone on twitter tell me that I 'clearly know nothing'. 

Who knows, they might even be right. :P

As I've said, I only find out for certain if it happens at the time that's been said to me ... tho i do think it's most probably right.

Why haven't I said when? Because about a minute after i said it'd be all over the somerset papers, and about another 5 before it hit the tabloids.

It's better as a surprise. :)

As long as it's a today surprise.....

1 minute ago, simian_mobile_mushrooms said:

Other Stage headliner - Saturday night please. NIN, Chemical Bros, Pendulum/Knife Party, Greenday, Depeche Mode, Pixies, or someone like that. Wouldn't mind any of them but someone to give me a thought about the Jacksons. Cheers Eavii, thanks

Green are already playing the Saturday, in Germany I think

3 minutes ago, simian_mobile_mushrooms said:

Other Stage headliner - Saturday night please. NIN, Chemical Bros, Pendulum/Knife Party, Greenday, Depeche Mode, Pixies, or someone like that. Wouldn't mind any of them but someone to give me a thought about the Jacksons. Cheers Eavii, thanks

It seems like green day could be pretty likely because of the "mistake" the BBC had in its article confirming the foos.

Edit: for Sunday though against ed

Edited by MetaKate

They've really drummed up interest in the announcement this year. Apart from the odd small self-confirmation they've managed to keep most acts under wraps and cranked the anticipation to fever pitch. I don't remember it being so anticipated in past years. Exciting, yes, but not like this. Ahead of the fallow year they've nailed the PR this time round

Edited by SPTFRE

12 minutes ago, Tartan_Glasto said:

Haha, it does actually feel like a week ago since I wrote that! I miss the days where my mate would text me to say the line-up is out and I'd be like "Oh, nice one". 

Instead now I'm in a constant state of "WHAT DOES IT ALL MEAN?!?! EVERYTHING IS A CLUE AND NOTHING IS AT THE SAME TIME!!! WHY DO I FEEL THESE FEELS?!"

It's all very stressful but great fun at the same time :)

Especially as I have proven to be a really shit Poirot and I am just living vicariously through the actual Miss Marples of this forum. :lol: