Jamiroquai

Justiceforcedave

Still can't get into Jamiroquai in the slightest, track sounds like it's about 4/5 ideas that he has just smashed into a 5 minute long music clip. I have a few mates that absolutely love it though, and they will no doubt be off to see him should he pop up on the farm, 3rd down on the Pyramid I think would be about his level, or maybe sub-Other?

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

I think he's going to be Other sub Sunday if he's there so based on that I'd have Imagine Dragons to sub Friday under a dance closer with Royal Blood 3rd down Pyramid and Justice provided they are headlining Other to top Sunday Other with the possible option of a The XX/Pumpkins thing, Jamiroquai as the headline but 2nd down.

I can't see why he'd put two 02 dates in June separate from two in Manchester if he's not here, it looks very similar to how ELO announced London dates apart from others which gave it away.

1 minute ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

If anything they're maybe a Pyramid subheadliner.

They could be and my use of being an Other headliner but not closing is equivalent to that. I'd be more willing to have suggested it if I thought Gaga wouldn't play Sunday and that KC defo wouldn't sub, which in normal circumstances they wouldn't.

Was pointed out not long back that the post-legend slot tends to go to a newer act, although I guess that could change. I think it'll be Lorde.

With Kraftwerk apparently out and Justice apparently on the Other Stage, they're my second pick for a WH headliner (after The Jacksons ofc), with Damian Marley as the third on Friday.

10 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Im really liking the new tune. 3rd Down Pyramid would be perfect for me sunday

I agree with this.  New track is decent and with tunes like deeper underground and virtual insanity it would be a guaranteed party on a sunny Sunday evening!  And if they do end up headlining WH I know I would opt for the the arrogant JK over the down to earth bore fest that will be headlining the pyramid.

So I tweeted a member of the band and apparently they aren't playing anywhere on the Sunday, which I would say rules them out. Hopefully I'm just being fobbed off due to embargoed info or the fact they have tickets to sell! Clutching at straws though!

14 minutes ago, TunaBaby said:

So I tweeted a member of the band and apparently they aren't playing anywhere on the Sunday, which I would say rules them out. Hopefully I'm just being fobbed off due to embargoed info or the fact they have tickets to sell! Clutching at straws though!

The fact that they've added 2 dates Glastonbury weekend when the rest of their tour is in November does seem massively odd if they aren't playing. (I want them to play so I may be clutching at straws)

2 minutes ago, sisco said:

The fact that they've added 2 dates Glastonbury weekend when the rest of their tour is in November does seem massively odd if they aren't playing. (I want them to play so I may be clutching at straws)

I said the same a few pages back (or on another thread) but somebody pointed out they are doing a shit load of other festivals as well as their tour that aren't on their tour poster.

4 minutes ago, sisco said:

So do I. I'm hoping they won't admit to playing yet purely as they have an arena tour to sell tickets for later in the year. I know a couple of my mates are holding out on buying tickets in case they are at Glasto so I'm sure there are a few people who would fall into that category!