aphexbin

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, The Orgazoid said:

It's not unexpected, but it is unacceptable. We as gig going music fans are being fleeced because modernisation in the way we listen to music has meant artists make less money from record sales.

In fairness I have said no to quite a lot of gigs over the past couple of years as I just see it not worth what they are asking but this is a little different.

To close to Glastonbury for me to be tempted for the London dates and once you factor in accommodation, travel, etc, the price really escalates.

Looking at the dates, the only one that would tempt me to part with Golden Circle cash would be the Prague date in July as (a) I can fly to Prague at roughly the same cost as a train to London, (b) accommodation is cheaper and (c) I'd make it into a 3 day post Glastonbury break.

I'm guessing they will be back in 2018 for festival dates. Looking at those ticket prices and guestimating the cut GnR will take, they've probably priced themselves out of all UK fests at the moment.

Just now, Keithy said:

I'm guessing they will be back in 2018 for festival dates. Looking at those ticket prices and guestimating the cut GnR will take, they've probably priced themselves out of all UK fests at the moment.

Yeah this is what I've told my mate who was put out by the steep prices. First come the big tickets then they wring out the demand with festivals chucking money at them.

Seems they've gone with Live Nation for this tour which must put the ball in the court of R+L or Download over, say, BST.

7 minutes ago, play it cool said:

They probably won't be on before 11:00/11:30 leaving room for 2/3 support bands and then a huge gap.

Given that it's GNR, and given that it's London, I think there's a very real danger that they have the plug pulled on them after a relatively short set.

25 minutes ago, Keithy said:

To close to Glastonbury for me to be tempted for the London dates and once you factor in accommodation, travel, etc, the price really escalates.

Looking at the dates, the only one that would tempt me to part with Golden Circle cash would be the Prague date in July as (a) I can fly to Prague at roughly the same cost as a train to London, (b) accommodation is cheaper and (c) I'd make it into a 3 day post Glastonbury break.

Yup, and I doubt one year later will price them in for any except BST or IOW (if it's still even going and the money is there then). There isn't a chance than R&L are going to get them and Download would need two weaker headliners and a weak under card minimum.

I have decided just to go for £95 though as being short anyway I'll be looking over shoulders regardless. If a side seat that lets me in when I want to be there is available I'll take it.

39 minutes ago, play it cool said:

They probably won't be on before 11:00/11:30 leaving room for 2/3 support bands and then a huge gap.

lol :P you have a point mate

30 minutes ago, incident said:

Given that it's GNR, and given that it's London, I think there's a very real danger that they have the plug pulled on them after a relatively short set.

Reading Fest all over again!

Seems they have been playing 25/30 songs each night so far and I haven't heard that they have been ready late - I've seen them twice (Download 06 and Wembley not a lot later) and they came out 5 mins early at Download and about 2 hours late at Wembley. So I've had both :P

11 hours ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Yeah but you can usually get up front if you want  

Golden circles are about as welcome chez moi as golden showers.

And just to clarify that means not welcome  

agreed. I never saw the fairness of golden circles. If you want to be nearer the front thats £30 more please! 

7 hours ago, mungo57 said:

agreed. I never saw the fairness of golden circles. If you want to be nearer the front thats £30 more please! 

It's more than that. £95 for standard, £165 for GC.

Even a lower closer seat is £138 and any seat that is close for the standard section will be filled by people queuing comfortably from midday.