aphexbin

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 hours ago, dentalplan said:

A rumoured bill for Desert Trip 2017 (ie. something from someone who had it right last year ahead of time) posted on IORR;

AC/DC - Guns N' Roses
Aerosmith - Page & Plant
CSN&Y - Bruce Springsteen

Be quite good that eh?

Would Axl be singing for both bands? Thought the ac/dc guy was done

15 minutes ago, henry bear said:

Given all that Robert Plant's been saying over the years about such ventures, I'd be very surprised if this happens. Happy to be proved otherwise though, especially if they play over here.

I read a response that JPJ is the one keeping the full reunion from happening. Apparently he doesn't get along great with the other guys, but P&P playing shows together would be a fantastic consolation.

CSNY would be good too but there's no way they could keep it together long enough to tour after the festival.

54 minutes ago, jonodillieono said:

Would Axl be singing for both bands? Thought the ac/dc guy was done

I think Brian Johnson got surgery or an implant or something to sort his ears out so I suppose he could play but I've just read that AC/DC is meant to be Axl, Angus and hired hands from now on. Probably pours water on this rumour as Rose couldn't sing two full sets in one night, I'm sure.

Edited by dentalplan

1 minute ago, henry bear said:

There's a Neil Young interview in the current Mojo - he doesn't rule out working with CSN again, despite his fall out with Crosby, who's now not speaking with Nash. I expect money will talk in the end...

Yeah it's quite fast paced the relationship between those guys. I hope reality tv execs see the potential and bring Keeping Up With Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young to our screens soon.

19 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I read a response that JPJ is the one keeping the full reunion from happening. Apparently he doesn't get along great with the other guys, but P&P playing shows together would be a fantastic consolation.

CSNY would be good too but there's no way they could keep it together long enough to tour after the festival.

I think Brian Johnson got surgery or an implant or something to sort his ears out so I suppose he could play but I've just read that AC/DC is meant to be Axl, Angus and hired hands from now on. Probably pours water on this rumour as Rose couldn't sing two full sets in one night, I'm sure.

I read that Brian Johnson felt like he had just been unceremoniously dumped when diagnosed, thanks for the last 30 years now bugger off, sort of thing, so I doubt even  if he could he wouldn't want to.

17 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Jpj fell out with the other two ages ago when he didn't get asked to tour with them as the majority of the live set was Zeppelin stuff and they were using Percy's solo bassist. Don't think things have been same since but obviously they have played together since. 

After the O2 Page & Jones were very keen to carry it on, but Plant has always said, even before the gig, that it was a one-off. And I've read nothing he's said since which sounds anything like a change of heart from him. It's a shame for Jimmy as he seems to have very little interest in doing anything much outside of Zeppelin, a long overdue solo album keeps getting alluded to but never delivered.

Went to see GnR last week... immense gig! Started just 10 minutes late and smashed it out of the park for 2.5 hours. Axl was on great form vocally, I was a little surprised after what I'd been hearing about the last few tours. They'd absolutely own the farm with a pyramid headline set on this form. Perfect timing for them, shame it won't happen.

On 2/11/2017 at 8:15 AM, dentalplan said:

A rumoured bill for Desert Trip 2017 (ie. something from someone who had it right last year ahead of time) posted on IORR;

Be quite good that eh?

On 2/11/2017 at 8:25 AM, jparx said:

If it was 1990, yeah.

;)

Or a certain saturday in 2009

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
20 hours ago, slash's hat said:

@The Nal did you go in the end? Or anyone on here - how was it?

My ticket for London came yesterday.

I was at the gig and it was bloody excellent! really enjoyed it and have not heard any complaints from people who have went.

They all looked really happy to be there and even Axl was smiling :)

I've been to Slane 3 times (Oasis, Foo's and GnR) this was the best one yet and GnR would be my least favourite out of all 3..  

• 3 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Wilfko said:

Give us a verdict tomorrow morn. Ive got a sat ticket.

Will do. Hoping they play dont cry as a personal fave (morbid but want it at my funeral). Its been on the set list last few gigs so fingers crossed. Been giving Chinese democracy a listen to familiarise myself with the few they do from there. Bought the album when it came out and must have listened to it about twice.... think I just didn't want to like it because it wasn't the same band, its actually got some good stuff on it though.

On Friday, June 16, 2017 at 8:01 AM, Wilfko said:

Give us a verdict tomorrow morn. Ive got a sat ticket.

Amazing, you won't be disappointed. Certainly no probs with axls voice and looked like they were having a good time on stage. Slash of course sublime.

Word of advice if standing and you're anywhere near the crush barrier be prepared for flying cups and beer (at least I hope that's what it was), and the crowd movement was for me a bit scary at times, had to take a girl under my wing who was having a panic attack at being battered around so much. I think my days of getting a good close viewing spot are numbered, too many numpties or I'm too old :mellow:.

On 2017-2-11 at 1:15 PM, dentalplan said:

AC/DC - Guns N' Roses
Aerosmith - Page & Plant

Be quite good that eh?

Just had a look at this as im heading to the US for a fallow year music fix/big holiday although probably in March.

Same people as coachella organising it puts me right off. Looks so soulless

Edited by Heather90

22 minutes ago, slash's hat said:

Amazing, you won't be disappointed. Certainly no probs with axls voice and looked like they were having a good time on stage. Slash of course sublime.

Word of advice if standing and you're anywhere near the crush barrier be prepared for flying cups and beer (at least I hope that's what it was), and the crowd movement was for me a bit scary at times, had to take a girl under my wing who was having a panic attack at being battered around so much. I think my days of getting a good close viewing spot are numbered, too many numpties or I'm too old :mellow:.

Good stuff, well I'm celebrating pre glasto weekend by getting trashed last night and even more trashed tonight.

To be fair I'm likely to be the archetype numpty tonight.

What time did they come on?

Edited by Wilfko