The Unsuccessful

FloorFiller

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Not sure I will be obvious ... think I will sort out a name badge 

Someone normally does sticky name badges so you can write one when you get there, still strange seeing people. I had a few years off of going to the meets until last year, and was so glad I rocked up as I met some lovely lovely people x 

1 hour ago, Wellyboot said:

Did Grumpy get a ticket in the end do you know? 

I was trying for some eFesters and I was stuck in the same loop for ages! Then it finally went onto the next page and said no adult tickets! So frustrating! 

I don't think so no :(

Saw your posts about the meet, I tried to go last year, said hello to a couple of people but was feeling really on edge after the nightmare travel in, two trips to the car (pink 55!) and losing/someone stealing my coolbag full of booze and food within the first hour of the fest :( So I just wasn't in the right frame of mind to do small talk (and not nearly drunk enough!)

This year will be different! I will be there with bells on provided no disasters this time!

15 minutes ago, Skoo said:

Saw your posts about the meet, I tried to go last year, said hello to a couple of people but was feeling really on edge after the nightmare travel in, two trips to the car (pink 55!) and losing/someone stealing my coolbag full of booze and food within the first hour of the fest :( So I just wasn't in the right frame of mind to do small talk (and not nearly drunk enough!)

I didn't have anything stolen or lose anything (how awful after you'd lugged it all on) but the rest of this was me last year, I turned up late too.

39 minutes ago, Beerqueen said:

I'd love to come to the meet but am a bit nervous that everyone knows each other really well from on here or personally.  I am very much a dipper-in around crunch time and don't feel I know everyone or their "back-stories" or in-jokes.  But nevertheless I plan to be there as I had to miss it last year as I could only get a Thursday coach ticket.

I'm hoping that there will be fellow camp solo people who are going so we can go together.   I will hopefully be feeling brave and try to remember lots of people feel nervous.

I'd like to go to the meet but again it seems like most on here know each other and I fear I would feel a bit of a spare part. I feel proper awkward meeting a large group of people I don't know from Adam. Copius amounts of alcohol will help but then you run the risk of talking the ear off someone!

12 minutes ago, Dave_c said:

I'd like to go to the meet but again it seems like most on here know each other and I fear I would feel a bit of a spare part. I feel proper awkward meeting a large group of people I don't know from Adam. Copius amounts of alcohol will help but then you run the risk of talking the ear off someone!

People mostly only know each other because they met at a previous meet. Everyone there had to take the plunge at some time.

I'm very encouraged by the number of people on here who are planning on going to the meet-up for the first time this year. I was a bit concerned that everyone there would know each other from waaaay back, but it seems there'll be quite a few newbies if I can make it along for the first time as well now! :)

Shit. I might even come to the meet this year. It sounds like it's going to be going off there with the amount of people up for it.

In all seriousness, I am planning on coming for a bit if I get my times and places right. I failed miserably in 2015. 

For the last few years the meet-up has been at the Ridge and Furrow Bar since the old meeting place at the Cider Bus became so busy that an actual get-together became impossible. I'm sure Neil will confirm details at some point, but it usually starts at 6pm and goes on till whenever, but folks drift in and out throughout. The meeting has been hugely successful since it's been held at the new location. @Kizzie will be on hand writing name badges so that people can recognise each other (unless the labels get left at the van but that would be Neil's fault ;) ). It's a great opportunity to hang out for a while with lovely, like-minded people who just want to chill out and chew the fat.

Come along everyone...you'll enjoy it :D 

So are there many left on the spread sheet that didn't get tickets? Not sure if many actually used it in the end! :lol:

I might check the tickets page from work some days (if I remember to setup the page watch) and if I see it I could help someone out.

For the secret sales once you get in are tickets held or is it only once you get all the details entered that it attempts to get the tickets? Thought I saw someone mention a countdown timer in the resales?

Edited by chrismcb

43 minutes ago, chrismcb said:

So are there many left on the spread sheet that didn't get tickets? Not sure if many actually used it in the end! :lol:

I mig

yeah, it all went mysteriously quiet on the spreadsheet front!- and on these boards too! What happened? Not sure if that was because a lot of people were unsuccessful or are just recovering from the stress

1 hour ago, chrismcb said:

I might check the tickets page from work some days (if I remember to setup the page watch) and if I see it I could help someone out.

For the secret sales once you get in are tickets held or is it only once you get all the details entered that it attempts to get the tickets? Thought I saw someone mention a countdown timer in the resales?

I got sod all tickets. Then rest of my gang looking to go also had as much luck as myself.

Can I bribe someone in here (with beer/wine/vodka)  to give me the heads up and the low down on how the secret sales work? Do they really release small batches of tickets without any warning at all??

On 4/23/2017 at 9:35 AM, scho said:

I was successful today for 3 of us after missing out last year, so I'm very happy.

Could someone please tell me if tickets are sent out individually or all to my address? 

All 120,000 will be sent to your address. Better tip your postman at Christmas...

1 minute ago, andyb66 said:

Do they really release small batches of tickets without any warning at all??

That's it.

Boom! Tickets on sale! Argh! Sold Out!

In roughly the same time it will have taken you to read this message, they're gone. Your only hope is to:

1. Constantly monitor the ticket page
  2. Get lucky
  3. Get a page checker

There's a thread on hear mysteriously called "Secert Resales", clearly didn't want to use "Secret" in case it attracted too much traffic. Have a look in there for all the details.

1 minute ago, Gnomicide said:

That's it.

Boom! Tickets on sale! Argh! Sold Out!

In roughly the same time it will have taken you to read this message, they're gone. Your only hope is to:

1. Constantly monitor the ticket page
  2. Get lucky
  3. Get a page checker

There's a thread on hear mysteriously called "Secert Resales", clearly didn't want to use "Secret" in case it attracted too much traffic. Have a look in there for all the details.

Very kind..  

i have many issues but the one that annoys me the most is I have no internet access at work (apart from midday until 1pm)..And I'm also on the 18th floor so my internet via mobile is also somewhat hit and miss. Don't suppose they ever do weekend secret sales?

Just now, andyb66 said:

Very kind..  

i have many issues but the one that annoys me the most is I have no internet access at work (apart from midday until 1pm)..And I'm also on the 18th floor so my internet via mobile is also somewhat hit and miss. Don't suppose they ever do weekend secret sales?

Always been midweek I'm afraid, during the day too. I don't think there are many things Glastonbury do wrong or unfairly but I do think that the secret resales should be at a different time. Only office workers or people who can whip out a mobile phone at a moments notice have any hope. There will always be a time when some people can't try but 6pm similar to the coach sale seems more reasonable.

Cue 'but I'd be on the bus, driving home, I work evenings etc.' posts.