Who's Touring Around Glastonbury 2017?

Gnomicide

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 16/12/2016 at 0:22 PM, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Somebody fill me in on the likelihood of Childish Gambino please. Does he tour, or does him being a famous actor + Lando put the kibbosh on that sort of thing?

He was touring last year and didn't play. Did wireless instead if I remember right. But yeah Donald Glover isn't an easy person to predict. I will say that the new album has the feeling of someone not worried about having to play any of it live. 

20 hours ago, ghostdancer1 said:

more likely as Pyramid sub IMO.

I'd probably put them as 3rd down before a more typical glastonbury act. Like they're very big and playing arenas on this tour but then again so was Ellie Goulding last year, Alt-J the year before, and Ed Sheeran the year before that. I'd put the lineup down more like this

Friday Pyramid: Radiohead, Lady Gaga, oldie band like Van Morrison, Emeli Sandi

Other: The Prodigy, Youmeatsix

Saturday Pyramid: Ed Sheeran, The xx, The Weeknd, another oldie

Other: Pet Shop Boys, Imagine Dragons

Sunday Pyramid: Foo Fighters, Elbow, Royal Blood, Diana Ross

Other: Bon Iver, oldie

Harder to determine what old legend type bands are gonna be around. Also I know Lady Gaga is least likely to sub Radiohead, just did that because for the past 3 years the biggest sub has been the Friday one - Foals, Florence & The Machine (initially), Elbow

1 hour ago, Acid_Haze said:

I'd probably put them as 3rd down before a more typical glastonbury act. Like they're very big and playing arenas on this tour but then again so was Ellie Goulding last year, Alt-J the year before, and Ed Sheeran the year before that. I'd put the lineup down more like this

Friday Pyramid: Radiohead, Lady Gaga, oldie band like Van Morrison, Emeli Sandi

Other: The Prodigy, Youmeatsix

Saturday Pyramid: Ed Sheeran, The xx, The Weeknd, another oldie

Other: Pet Shop Boys, Imagine Dragons

Sunday Pyramid: Foo Fighters, Elbow, Royal Blood, Diana Ross

Other: Bon Iver, oldie

Harder to determine what old legend type bands are gonna be around. Also I know Lady Gaga is least likely to sub Radiohead, just did that because for the past 3 years the biggest sub has been the Friday one - Foals, Florence & The Machine (initially), Elbow

The fact Bon Iver is in the states a week before Glasto and will have gone back there after bring in Europe a 2nd time by that time next year makes that appearance unlikely. 

12 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

The fact Bon Iver is in the states a week before Glasto and will have gone back there after bring in Europe a 2nd time by that time next year makes that appearance unlikely. 

as you keep saying. still think he's gonna be there though

as for The Weeknd, i reckon he'll be on the Pyramid rather than headlining Other, although has he been announced as anything other than a headliner for any of the festivals he's playing so far?

24 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

I don't think this effects the likeliness of Bon Iver at all

JV has shown up at the farm the past two years on a whim for a cameo with Kanye/James Blake, I'm sure it won't take much for him to turn up with the band now it's back rolling 

11 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

as you keep saying. still think he's gonna be there though

as for The Weeknd, i reckon he'll be on the Pyramid rather than headlining Other, although has he been announced as anything other than a headliner for any of the festivals he's playing so far?

I can see why you would want him more and I've no problem with it, I wanted JEW but accepted that one's gone. If BI gets announced for something early late June/July in Werchter then yes.

He probably hasn't but some of what he's playing do have different of type of headliners than over here and bands fit in different etc.

3 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

I don't think this effects the likeliness of Bon Iver at all

JV has shown up at the farm the past two years on a whim for a cameo with Kanye/James Blake, I'm sure it won't take much for him to turn up with the band now it's back rolling 

I don't know whow you are ferrerring to but hopefully for those concerned it happens.  

11 hours ago, zahidf said:

British sea power new album uk tour in april

Looking forward to this album. Unfortunately none of the April dates are suitable for me so I'd love to see them on the bill. Where would they play? Early JP? or Park? I find it hard to judge their size because to me they are one of the most underrated bands in the UK at the moment.

14 minutes ago, merago said:

Do you mean the "JV" part?  JV = Justin Vernon (aka the man behind Bon Iver)

Ah I see, I wouldn't know that but have heard of him on here. Showing up though is a bit different from 3 Europe trips. The one thing that's makes it possible is that he's probably elsewhere later in the year meaning if he wants to play he has to come.

52 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Not 100% sure if he's headlining NOS. Possibly co-headlining with The XX.

Do you think The Weeknd will be one of the Pyramid subs with Gaga and The XX and Elbow won't play then?

13 minutes ago, TomViolence said:

Not 100% sure if he's headlining NOS. Possibly co-headlining with The XX.

Do you think The Weeknd will be one of the Pyramid subs with Gaga and The XX and Elbow won't play then?

the list of potential subs/high Pyramid acts is stacked this year. i have no idea where half of em will end up. only one i'm confident (or at least think is gonna happen) is The xx below Radiohead. you've then got Gaga, The Weeknd, Royal Blood, Elbow, Alt-J and probably a fair few more all as candidates for the other two slots. couple of those (probably Alt-J) may end up headlining Other. the rest is anybody's guess. i wanna say Gaga below Foos but then have no idea who they'd stick below Ed. i think Elbow will play but that they'll be elsewhere than Pyramid sub: third down Pyramid? Other headliner? Other sub? JP headliner? i duno

edit: although the obvious answer is half of em won't end up playing - probably the good ones

Edited by FloorFiller

Going off what his live setup usually consists of, I don't see The Weeknd as a Pyramid sub/lower act. His touring rig will be loadsa bright lights and pyro and stuff. Combine that with him being unavailable Saturday then it means he'll be going up against or before Radiohead and expectedly Foo Fighters, and he seems a decent alternative in either situation. Likely he's gonna headline Wireless though so might not feature at Glastonbury at all.

And with Elbow, I don't think that Glasto are likely to shunt them down the line up because the latest tour seems a bit of a downgrade, Besides, they'll probably announce a larger tour when the album is out. Might switch to Other headliner for a change of pace but probably a Pyramid sub in reality.

11 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

the list of potential subs/high Pyramid acts is stacked this year. i have no idea where half of em will end up. only one i'm confident (or at least think is gonna happen) is The xx below Radiohead. you've then got Gaga, The Weeknd, Royal Blood, Elbow, Alt-J and probably a fair few more all as candidates for the other two slots. couple of those (probably Alt-J) may end up headlining Other. the rest is anybody's guess. i wanna say Gaga below Foos but then have no idea who they'd stick below Ed. i think Elbow will play but that they'll be elsewhere than Pyramid sub: third down Pyramid? Other headliner? Other sub? JP headliner? i duno

edit: although the obvious answer is half of em won't end up playing - probably the good ones

I think Elbow could sub Other but 3rd down Pyramid possible too, I'd be surprised at sub again and no one cares now. I also think given the amount we have that RB could be 3rd down too because there is also Paulo to consider who goes into Other header or Sun spot too. I don't to see Alt-J returning myself. Emeli Sande is another one but she is 3rd Pyramid/Other sub for me, had her tour looked to be selling more and I know it's only Dec and the tour is far away but that would be just right for her I think. I defo think now that Imagine Dragons are going to play, the crossover from elsewhere where they are is usually quite a lot and I don't see them as a band not being asked or not taking it, only thing is I'm not sure they would take 3rd down now but we shall see. I went off their 2nd album very quickly but I'd still catch them if around, I can kind of see a FF sub spot in the same way TBK subbed Kasabian. Speaking of that 2014 year, I'm not sure I've seen since I have been at least a stronger top 4 covering Pyramid/Other on that Saturday, obviously regardless who you like and Jake Bugg getting very high slots that was still mega. I chose the Pyramid as it was more unique a bookings but it was a night when I could have probably stayed on Other the whole time had it not been as strong and that's rare for me. Sunday this year in fact was great on Other for me and I don't remember doing much bar Other/JP for Band of Horses, except for Jamie Laws on being in there that was such a good run, the Pyramid on Sunday however even though I do like some of Ellie's earlier stuff was probably the worst for a day I have seen there. A shame by Sunday I was just ready to go home.

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

Elbow can sub as long as it's below Sheeran so that's two birds with one stone in avoiding the Pyramid that night

The xx > Radiohead, Elbow > Sheeran, Gaga > Foos would be a'ight

Elbow into Sheeran would certain shift the people like they seem to like doing that's for sure. I have to say that if he is there then The Weeknd closing Other against FF would make sense.