Who's Touring Around Glastonbury 2017?

Gnomicide

2 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

the list of potential subs/high Pyramid acts is stacked this year. i have no idea where half of em will end up. only one i'm confident (or at least think is gonna happen) is The xx below Radiohead. you've then got Gaga, The Weeknd, Royal Blood, Elbow, Alt-J and probably a fair few more all as candidates for the other two slots. couple of those (probably Alt-J) may end up headlining Other. the rest is anybody's guess. i wanna say Gaga below Foos but then have no idea who they'd stick below Ed. i think Elbow will play but that they'll be elsewhere than Pyramid sub: third down Pyramid? Other headliner? Other sub? JP headliner? i duno

edit: although the obvious answer is half of em won't end up playing - probably the good ones

Still can't see Royal Blood playing that high but yeah, there are quite a few options.

I'll go for:

The XX - Radiohead

Lady Gaga - Ed Sheeran

Elbow - Foo Fighters

But I hope The Weeknd plays as that would please quite a few people on here.

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, TomViolence said:

Still can't see Royal Blood playing that high but yeah, there are quite a few options.

I'll go for:

The XX - Radiohead

Lady Gaga - Ed Sheeran

Elbow - Foo Fighters

But I hope The Weeknd plays as that would please quite a few people on here.

I reckon that's what I'm going with for now, too.

I'd then have other headliners as:

Friday - The Weeknd/The Prodigy

Saturday - alt-J

Sunday - Bon Iver

Only thing causing doubts is that PSB info but would seem an odd booking imo.

7 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Foos sub, gotta be. Brothers in buttrock capping the festival off for two years.

seems almost too obvious to actually happen, although considering it looks like they're not headlining R/L a sub slot at Glastonbury/other festivals looks more likely than ever

had pretty much removed them from my prediction yesterday after you mentioning they didn't look like they'd have an album ready in time but they had to come crawling back. now it's just a matter of where Elbow fit in to all this (assuming the three subs will be The xx, Gaga and Royal Blood)

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

seems almost too obvious to actually happen, although considering it looks like they're not headlining R/L a sub slot at Glastonbury/other festivals looks more likely than ever

had pretty much removed them from my prediction yesterday after you mentioning they didn't look like they'd have an album ready in time but they had to come crawling back. now it's just a matter of where Elbow fit in to all this (assuming the three subs will be The xx, Gaga and Royal Blood)

Since the Gaga info seems quite strong I'd say Bon Iver seems most likely of the current sub/other headliner names to not play, with Elbow, Lady Gaga and Royal Blood as subs and someone like The Weeknd, The xx and alt-J as other headliners

1 minute ago, kingcrawler said:

Since the Gaga info seems quite strong I'd say Bon Iver seems most likely of the current sub/other headliner names to not play, with Elbow, Lady Gaga and Royal Blood as subs and someone like The Weeknd, The xx and alt-J as other headliners

not ready to let go of my The xx > Radiohead great sub/headliner combo dream just yet

would seem very weird to me for Justin Vernon to be there the past two years and not sort out a deal for Bon Iver to be there next year regardless of his tour dates. something similar has probably happened in the past, but in my eyes Bon Iver being there seems all too obvious

as always, i hope Elbow end up anywhere else rather than Pyramid sub. them being booked for that position yet again would be dull dull dull and incredibly uninspired 

3 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

No offence man but headlining Reading was never going to happen, it was all a bit dream world there with no substance behind it.

2 hours ago, kingcrawler said:

I agree on Bon, it'll be a shocker if Elbow do sub again and.please nor Alt-J again this early. They are a very young person crowd band so I'm not sure they'd go that well as Other header against Sheeran or FF.

If The Prodigy aren't there as Other headliners I'll be surprised, but if not so be it.

7 hours ago, kingcrawler said:

Alt-J are far too dull to be Other headliners.

they were 3rd Pyramid 2 years ago and have done absolutely zero to get bumped up to headlining Other.

They were third down at Reading off one album and apparently played that slot to the entire festival. Fastest rising new act since the Arctic Monkeys and stuff. I'm not a fan so I'm not that happy about it but yeah, they're gonna be massive when this next one comes out.

Edited by dentalplan