Who's Touring Around Glastonbury 2017?

Gnomicide

3 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

The London show is his only Epic 5.0 show in Europe this summer. I'd reckon hes unlikely to appear without that show 

I didn't realise the London show was so exclusive (have just bought tickets for it though).

I think I'm over keen for conversation to be generated about a few fresh names!

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The extra London date Robbie Williams was expected to announce has failed to materialise meaning he still hangs over us like a smelly turd

An extra Manchester date has been put up for sale.

Obviously this is bad news but it keeps alive the prospect of Erasure playing some part of my weekend which would please me greatly

Edited by justperfect

2 minutes ago, justperfect said:

The extra London date Robbie Williams was expected to announce has failed to materialise meaning he still hangs over us like a smelly turd

Obviously this is bad news but it keeps alive the prospect of Erasure playing some part of my weekend which would please me greatly

That's the great thing about the RW tour.  Any bad vibes about his availability are automatically cancelled out by the same availability of the boys.

But, ultimately, f*ck it.  Even Robbie and his ego can't take over all the stages at the same time, which makes him avoidable.

Edited by Quark

22 minutes ago, justperfect said:

I'm not sure that much has changed on this.

The 2nd Manchester date shows that as expected the tour was planned with extra shows in mind. As does the fact that (like in Manchester) the initial London date was scheduled for a Friday rather than the traditionally easier to sell Saturday.

They'll have put the 2nd Manchester show on sale because initial ticket sales justify it - even if London sells really badly (currently all ticket types are showing as available on seetickets) and the 2nd show doesn't end up happening the people planning his schedule will still have assumed that he's unavailable so the only way he plays Glastonbury is if the Festival comes calling at some point in the future after they decide to call off the show. So as a late replacement for someone else.

58 minutes ago, nikkic said:

Good stuff! I have no real gauge of their popularity. Are they Park headliners or bigger than that? 

Possibly Park headliners, but no bigger. They were 2nd from top at Green Man last year, usually their headliners a Park or WH headline sized. Their tours don't sell out. They are brilliant live though.

44 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Possibly Park headliners, but no bigger. They were 2nd from top at Green Man last year, usually their headliners a Park or WH headline sized. Their tours don't sell out. They are brilliant live though.

1 hour ago, nikkic said:

Good stuff! I have no real gauge of their popularity. Are they Park headliners or bigger than that? 

Yeah I'd say 2nd from top on Park. Might struggle to pull a decent crowd as headliners.

I haven't seen them for quite a while now so hope they're booked. I'm probably going to get a ticket to see them in Oxford next year too though :)

6 minutes ago, ace56blaa said:

also isn't download billed as their last uk performance

5 minutes ago, The60ftOctopus said:

Is it really? Are they any good live? Wouldn't mind ticking them off the list.

it's billed as their only UK show of 2017 but pretty sure there's nothing about it being their last

28 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

And have been shite since they stopped taking drugs.

You're probably fishing but their live shows have improved immeasurably since they stopped taking drugs. The first 3 or 4 albums after the comeback were really good too.