Who's Touring Around Glastonbury 2017?

Gnomicide

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The prospect of Soulwax at Glastonbury is very exciting. Defo getting Manchester tickets, although I'm tempted do Saturday night in London and make big do of it.

They are now touring with three drummers, including Iggor from Sepultura and Vic from Jamie T/Real Lies! 

John Peel stage would work. 

8 hours ago, kingcrawler said:

Was the main rumour about alt-J for 2015 not that they were booked to headline Other that year? I'm sure we had them and Chemical Brothers down as two Other headliners early on before alt-J ended up on the Pyramid. If the Other headline thing was true then I guess that could work in their favour for them being booked for the same slot next year.

The initial info from Neil was that he'd been told they were headlining Other. However, this was very early on, and around the same time last year he was told The 1975 were headlining Other, I think. From then on we all obviously expected them as Other headliners, but at some point other tour dates meant that both alt-J and The Chems could only play the Sunday, so we didn't know what to think. Then on the day of the initial poster release the guy who told us the poster was coming also told us alt-J would sub the Pyramid. Obviously then The Who and Weller were seemingly booked as a package and alt-J ended up third down.

I think this is all correct. Not really sure what this adds; I just thought I'd share what I remember as the full story. 

27 minutes ago, Djb.com said:

Alt-J confirmed for NOS alive, reckon they'll be on the farm again? (god i hope not)

I think unless somewhere else throws a headline slot at them that rules them out, they must have a very big chance. It's been quite a few years since they've played Bestival, I wouldn't think that's impossible, whether it would rule them out of Glastonbury or not is another matter

1 hour ago, liamium said:

Apologies if posted before/elsewhere. Extremely unlikely they would or even could transfer this show to Glastonbury 2/3 months later, but on a personal note, any appearance from Can would make my weekend. 

http://thequietus.com/articles/21314-original-can-members-reunite

Oh, I'd be all over that!

2 hours ago, Ovechkin said:

The national are playing denmark in mid august. http://politiken.dk/kultur/musik/ECE3473001/the-national-laver-ny-dansk-festival/

In danish tho

Oh nice! Maybe the Primavera guy just meant they won't be touring around Primavera time (May) until 2018. Really hope they're at Glasto.

1 hour ago, Mezhyp1 said:

I think unless somewhere else throws a headline slot at them that rules them out, they must have a very big chance. It's been quite a few years since they've played Bestival, I wouldn't think that's impossible, whether it would rule them out of Glastonbury or not is another matter

I think they'll co-headline R&L.

17 hours ago, Woffy said:

True, but just imagine getting home afterwards and all you see in the media and the first act you're asked at work if you saw is that glitter-rolled turd of a fucktard. 

Then I shall take the usual pleasure I get of saying no, telling them who I did see, and then responding to their incomprehending faces by forcing them to listen to a song by an obscure Balkan skiffle band :)