West Holts 2017

Gucci Piggy

3 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

I don't see what the Art argument is?, he was a main man, it was called Simon and Garfunkel, not just Simon. 

:D Yeah soz mate, not comparable at all to Michael & The Jacksons really is it?

I've started picturing Donald Trump typing out all of Gazza's posts. It's eerily fitting.

Edited by GETOFFAMYLAWN

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

:D Yeah soz mate, not comparable at all to Michael & The Jacksons really is it?

I've started picturing Donald Trump typing out all of Gazza's posts. It's eerily fitting.

No, it really isn't! Michael solo doing his own stuff and covering The Jacksons is, but not a leader singer of a group and basically a tribute act for The Jacksons.

25 minutes ago, Huckleberry Finn said:

I had never heard of A Tribe Called Quest before they became rumoured for this year. Meant nothing to me when they were announced for a few fests. Am I the only one?

I'd be surprised if nobody had heard Can I Kick It before, but they're not massively mainstream.

Be chuffed if they're playing but I've got my heart set on Radiohead and I'm not sure I'll be swayed.

There was rumours that Blackpools finest, Busta Rhymes was gonna be touring with them, can't find anything of substance to verify that though.

1 hour ago, Huckleberry Finn said:

I had never heard of A Tribe Called Quest before they became rumoured for this year. Meant nothing to me when they were announced for a few fests. Am I the only one?

They were alright. The tunes get a bit samey after a while. They do not have the pop sensibilities as say De La soul, yet they have a nice chilled out and laid back groove about them. It is not like the in your face gansta rap stuff. They will be ace on West Holts.

Edited by eastynh

4 hours ago, simian_mobile_mushrooms said:

The Jacksons are winning the race for my attention on the Saturday def, with or without Michael, they'll be fun and everyone will know 90% of the music, so you know it'll be a great time. Going off some of the videos on youtube it looks like just a good bloody laugh, esp against the marathon/slog that'll be the Foos

Without.

It'll definitely be without. 

37 minutes ago, eastynh said:

They were alright. The tunes get a bit samey after a while. They do not have the pop sensibilities as say De La soul, yet they have a nice chilled out and laid back groove about them. It is not like the in your face gansta rap stuff. They will be ace on West Holts.

Just alright? :lol:

Check out Midnight Marauders and The Low End Theory as starting points (for anyone who isn't familiar with them).

ATCQ is a must for me. Their back catalogue is amazing and the last album is fantastic. Anderson .Paak and Busta Rhymes performed with them at the Grammies so there is a good chance they will at Glasto too.

It'll be a shame to miss the 'Lips but hey ho. Just got to hope RTJ aren't on Friday night too!

2 hours ago, t0paz said:

ATCQ is a must for me. Their back catalogue is amazing and the last album is fantastic. Anderson .Paak and Busta Rhymes performed with them at the Grammies so there is a good chance they will at Glasto too.

It'll be a shame to miss the 'Lips but hey ho. Just got to hope RTJ aren't on Friday night too!

RTJ Friday for me too but if they do JP there will be a clash. 5th down Other ideally but I see no lower than 4th opposite RB

1 hour ago, simian_mobile_mushrooms said:

Brave Sir Robin heard from a bloke in another Glastonbury forum that RTJ were Saturday and on the Other. I'm gonna say 3rd or 4th down on Other  

Was hoping for JP headline but kinda expecting this. Looks like it'll probs be the Foos for me on Saturday. Very unexciting, however last time I saw them I was just as unexcited and loved it, so it could be worse. RTJ and FJM during the day, The National as my sub and then Foos to end the day. Isn't a bad start on the whole, really.

3 hours ago, Will-2609 said:

Was hoping for JP headline but kinda expecting this. Looks like it'll probs be the Foos for me on Saturday. Very unexciting, however last time I saw them I was just as unexcited and loved it, so it could be worse. RTJ and FJM during the day, The National as my sub and then Foos to end the day. Isn't a bad start on the whole, really.

Shit, didn't even cross my mind when I wrote that. RTJ 4th down Other >>> Avalanches 3rd down WH is basically as good as my Sat gets. Jacksons would be a nice little bonus and there's always the Foos. I'm still going to see the start of the Foos and move off when I get bored and wander over to the WH again. The clashes are starting to mount up with some serious competitiors. RTJ v Avalanches v Katy Perry would be horrible