West Holts 2017

Gucci Piggy

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, simian_mobile_mushrooms said:

Brave Sir Robin heard from a bloke in another Glastonbury forum that RTJ were Saturday and on the Other. I'm gonna say 3rd or 4th down on Other  

No I didn't! Someone posted elsewhere claiming that they'd seen the WH lineup and RTJ (and Chic) weren't on it, that's all. He said nothing about any other stage, or day.

1 minute ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

No I didn't! Someone posted elsewhere claiming that they'd seen the WH lineup and RTJ (and Chic) weren't on it, that's all. He said nothing about any other stage, or day.

Oh yeah, I mixed the stage up. This is what you said "He said he thought they were Pyramid. But he didn't pretend to actually know anything about any stage other than WH"

So yeah, Pyramid, not Other, I stand corrected.

16 minutes ago, simian_mobile_mushrooms said:

Oh yeah, I mixed the stage up. This is what you said "He said he thought they were Pyramid. But he didn't pretend to actually know anything about any stage other than WH"

So yeah, Pyramid, not Other, I stand corrected.

The Pyramid bit was clearly a guess, not info that that's where they're playing. The info was only 'not WH'. You also added in the Saturday bit, which is what's got everyone stressing about clashes.

2 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

The Pyramid bit was clearly a guess, not info that that's where they're playing. The info was only 'not WH'. You also added in the Saturday bit, which is what's got everyone stressing about clashes.

Yeah cos there's so much set in stone right now. I offered a bit of information that I'd mixed up in my head. Calm down

Edited by simian_mobile_mushrooms

6 minutes ago, eastynh said:

I might need that when I get in from work tomorrow morning and watch New Order.

If Barney starting whooping mid tune again I am putting Kendrick on.

Talking of whooping mid-tune:

Have been watching a bit of Noisia in anticipation of June as, techno-monkey though I am, I'm quite partial to a bit of d'n'b.

There's a brilliant live show I watched recently...entirely ruined by some arse of an MC feeling the need to work the crowd up rather than let the beats do the job.

There is no three-word combo that I hate more in music than 'make some nooooooiiiiissssse'.

I dearly hope there is no such MC anywhere in sight (or rather, earshot), when they play the Farm.

Ben

12 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Talking of whooping mid-tune:

Have been watching a bit of Noisia in anticipation of June as, techno-monkey though I am, I'm quite partial to a bit of d'n'b.

There's a brilliant live show I watched recently...entirely ruined by some arse of an MC feeling the need to work the crowd up rather than let the beats do the job.

There is no three-word combo that I hate more in music than 'make some nooooooiiiiissssse'.

I dearly hope there is no such MC anywhere in sight (or rather, earshot), when they play the Farm.

Ben

I hate mc's  The only one I have ever liked is MCMC. Have been known to turn the mic down on them in the past.

The golden rule is don't MC over the vocal and don't MC over the mix.

2 hours ago, simian_mobile_mushrooms said:

Would that happen if National are subbing Foos? Would only be RTJ v Avalanches v Katy Pez I think

If Foos play for 2.5 hours then The National will probably clash with 3rd Other and 3rd WH. If RTJ are on Other I hope they're 4th down to avoid that clash.

Anyway it seems the info was false so I'm back on hoping for RTJ headlining JP on Sat. I was thinking the other day that if the other 4 main stages on Saturday are Foos/alt-J/The Jacksons/Warpaint, surely JP will have something non-guitar on it? So a dance/hip-hop act. Doesn't seem to be much in the way of dance on the lineup that would fit as a JP headliner so hopefully that leaves it as a hip-hop act. That'd leave a shootout between RTJ and Dizzee in my mind, and I think with where both acts are right now that RTJ headlining a tent and Dizzee banging out an hour set in the sun would make most sense.

Edited by Will-2609

24 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

If Foos play for 2.5 hours then The National will probably clash with 3rd Other and 3rd WH. If RTJ are on Other I hope they're 4th down to avoid that clash.

Anyway it seems the info was false so I'm back on hoping for RTJ headlining JP on Sat. I was thinking the other day that if the other 4 main stages on Saturday are Foos/alt-J/The Jacksons/Warpaint, surely JP will have something non-guitar on it? So a dance/hip-hop act. Doesn't seem to be much in the way of dance on the lineup that would fit as a JP headliner so hopefully that leaves it as a hip-hop act. That'd leave a shootout between RTJ and Dizzee in my mind, and I think with where both acts are right now that RTJ headlining a tent and Dizzee banging out an hour set in the sun would make most sense.

The idea of The National clashing with The Avalanches is really upsetting me!  Two of my main three acts for the weekend :(

39 minutes ago, zeppelin said:

The idea of The National clashing with The Avalanches is really upsetting me!  Two of my main three acts for the weekend :(

Tbh I'm pretty sure they will. I wanted to see The Avalanches but I've accepted now that I'm not gonna. Anderson .Paak being eliminated for me yesterday was the big killer.

1 hour ago, Will-2609 said:

Yeah but are the Foos really going to play for that long? I thought it was only a laugh from Dave G. I can defo see your idea of balancing out the styles of music, esp with Alt J against Foos on the main two stages. Would mean the smaller stages had a little something more upbeat on - or that's what I hope anyway. If RTJ were on Pyramid like the guy BSR quoted was on Pyramid I don't know where that'd leave us. I've seen Dizzee before and he was a good laugh, but he'd have to really reach in to his earlier work to carry a JP headline slot. Dizzee in the sun is completely different compared to Dizzee headlining the JP stage. It's a fair bloody conndrum

1 minute ago, simian_mobile_mushrooms said:

Yeah but are the Foos really going to play for that long? I thought it was only a laugh from Dave G. I can defo see your idea of balancing out the styles of music, esp with Alt J against Foos on the main two stages. Would mean the smaller stages had a little something more upbeat on - or that's what I hope anyway. If RTJ were on Pyramid like the guy BSR quoted was on Pyramid I don't know where that'd leave us. I've seen Dizzee before and he was a good laugh, but he'd have to really reach in to his earlier work to carry a JP headline slot. Dizzee in the sun is completely different compared to Dizzee headlining the JP stage. It's a fair bloody conndrum

I assume so. They were scheduled 2.5 hours in 2015 and they always play sets of a similar length to that.

I think that RTJ on Pyramid thing was a pure guess, like he said. Stormzy is surely taking the Friday Pyramid slot.

Just now, Will-2609 said:

I assume so. They were scheduled 2.5 hours in 2015 and they always play sets of a similar length to that.

I think that RTJ on Pyramid thing was a pure guess, like he said. Stormzy is surely taking the Friday Pyramid slot.

Oh right, had no idea they were penciled in for 2015, but that totally makes sense. It seems to be a toss up between Stormzy or RTJ for Friday hip hop slot, although it doesn't help that RTJ don't have Glasto listed on their tour dates yet... Anyway, this year is still shaping up to be amazing. I checked one of the Clashfinders as a bit of fun earlier and there's about ten acts a day I want to see, as well as fitting in all the crazy shit that goes along with Glastonbury.

STACKED

2 hours ago, eastynh said:

I hate mc's  The only one I have ever liked is MCMC. Have been known to turn the mic down on them in the past.

The golden rule is don't MC over the vocal and don't MC over the mix.

Mutado Pintado, the guy who MC's for Paranoid London is an absolute badass as well. 

@Slugworth @BlackHole2006 It is not letting me multi quote for some reason. I have never heard of the MC's you mention. To be honest i am totally out of touch with new skool MC's.

I got fed up with them years ago .Remember being at a StepBack night years ago with where MC Ajay was chatting shit over DJ Sy scratching. That was enough to put me off them for life. Would not mind but Ajay was generally pretty good.

1 hour ago, Will-2609 said:

Tbh I'm pretty sure they will. I wanted to see The Avalanches but I've accepted now that I'm not gonna. Anderson .Paak being eliminated for me yesterday was the big killer.

Yeah he was one that had gone firmly into my must see category after the poster drop. Had him on repeat for days. Ain't nothing stopping me from getting to Radiohead for a good spot though.