West Holts 2017

Gucci Piggy

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21 hours ago, eastynh said:

The golden rule is don't MC over the vocal and don't MC over the mix.

Spot on. There are some very talented lyrical MCs around but they seem to be constantly rhyming over the mix and the break to the point that I'm amazed the DJ doesn't switch the mic off. I see the same names on posters actually above the DJs in some instances (the group "SASASAS" is a good example of what I'm talking about).

Others are just hype men, some are really good, some are terrible. I'm a big DnB fan and I think they have their place, but only for a certain style. For instance I prefer the more intelligent DnB to have no MC. Horses for courses and all that.

Edited by SPTFRE

Holy shit.

only just got to this thread during my post Easter weekend catch-up, that tribe info should have been pinned. I did have a sneaky suspicion they may have been left off the first poster, my guess was to help out Bestival a little bit.

Tribe vs Radiohead is going to be a tougher decision than when I was offered a triple shot of tequila by my other half's hammered (and verbally aggressive) aunt at an Easter BBQ Saturday... at 1pm in the afternoon

also: anyone willing to help me out Thursday/Sunday so that I can be a part of this shitshow of a clashfest, it'd be much appreciated. 

Edited by mjsell

12 minutes ago, FrancisH said:

Following the ATCQ revelations - and looking at some stage predictions... Do we genuinely think then, a RH / Tribe / Lips / Future Islands clash is likely? Absolutely horrific planning if so.

Radiohead and ATCQ are unfortunately looking pretty damn likely to clash which is heartbreaking - the other two aren't so definite (Lips could/probably will end up lower down and I think Future Islands is just guesswork).

22 minutes ago, ConorC said:

Parklife has bailed my arse right out here.

£100 to avoid an Anderson Paak/Tribe/Radiohead clash, worth it.

Frank Ocean too.

Didn't know Anderson .Paak was at Parklife too and got a little excited by the prospect then, but I see he's on the Saturday and it's just the Sunday I'd been looking at/considering. I guess doing the weekend there I'd be able to see Boy Better Know, Anderson .Paak and ATCQ who I'll be missing at Glasto, plus Frank Ocean who's the main attraction for me anyway.

Edit: Plus Danny Brown and a few other goodies too. Hmm.

Edited by Will-2609

39 minutes ago, ConorC said:

Parklife has bailed my arse right out here.

£100 to avoid an Anderson Paak/Tribe/Radiohead clash, worth it.

Frank Ocean too.

The issue now of course is that you have to actually attend Parklife, which presents it's own set of challenges.

Edit: saying that I have been weighing up this option, going to hold off a bit longer and see if the clash is for definite, which seems like it probably is...

Edited by FrancisH

WH announcement is gonna be an interesting one this year - possibly both the devastating blow of ATCQ headlining the Friday but also the fantastic outcome of Justice headlining the Sunday. And then the rest which will no doubt be fantastic and fill my weekend with a load more clashes.

2 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

WH announcement is gonna be an interesting one this year - possibly both the devastating blow of ATCQ headlining the Friday but also the fantastic outcome of Justice headlining the Sunday. And then the rest which will no doubt be fantastic and fill my weekend with a load more clashes.

I think im going to cry if ATCQ do indeed headline the Friday night. They could clash with absolutely anyone and i wouldn't mind, just not bloody Radiohead.

Edited by Familiar2billions

Just now, Familiar2billions said:

I think im going to cry if ATCQ do indeed headline the Friday night. They could clash with absolutely anyone and i wouldn't mind, just not bloody Radiohead.

Yep I'm in the same boat. Headline either of the other two nights and I'm there. Be almost anywhere else on the lineup and I'm there. Just not at the same time as Radiohead! :(