West Holts 2017

Gucci Piggy

5 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

Last year the Philip Glass thing they had wasn't on the first poster but I guess that's a completely different style of headliner compared to the usual stuff at The Park, both others were on last years and all three were on 2014 and 2015's posters. I reckon he'll end up late early evening Other which is good for clashes but will be a worse set.

God please no...

That would be utterly shite!

:blink:

Ben

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Although then I guess I could watch both him and Radiohead...

Still be easily the worst stage for him, mind!

Ben

That's my thinking too, avoids a big clash (though it is Friday there's always something) but far from an ideal time for it. It'll be interesting to see his Coachella set tonight as he's on at a similar time there.

4 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Why is Friday always so awful for clashes? It really is. Every fucking year.

It's the festival's way of balancing things out.

"Yeah you might all be lucky enough to get tickets, but we're going to clusterfuck Friday so you remember that life ain't all roses". 

26 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I do wonder how many acts specify the Friday as they want to spend the rest of their weekend at the festival. Plus there's a fair few doing Hurricane/Southside who would prefer to do the Friday here then disappear to Germany for the next 2 days as that's obviously the best fit logistics wise.

51 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

Last year the Philip Glass thing they had wasn't on the first poster but I guess that's a completely different style of headliner compared to the usual stuff at The Park, both others were on last years and all three were on 2014 and 2015's posters. I reckon he'll end up late early evening Other which is good for clashes but will be a worse set.

Don't see Bonobo being late early evening Other at all, the set will be lost, Park headline is my guess.

39 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

That's my thinking too, avoids a big clash (though it is Friday there's always something) but far from an ideal time for it. It'll be interesting to see his Coachella set tonight as he's on at a similar time there.

But it'll be darker there than it will be at Glastonbury 

11 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Don't see Bonobo being late early evening Other at all, the set will be lost, Park headline is my guess.

But it'll be darker there than it will be at Glastonbury 

Yer good pals Foals played the equivalent slot last year and it looks very dark here...

2 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I wish there was a clash last year. I ended up watching Dj Luck and MC Neat @ the blues. It was cold, wet and utterly miserable. Contrast to the year before when I was watching the glorious Hot Chip.

Nothing really tickling my fancy for the Friday this year. I would watch ATCQ but could easily give them a miss if something pops up on the Glade.

ATCQ are a weird one. I'd love to see them and imagine that in a decade, I'd look back on missing them as a bit of a WTF moment - but at the same time, there's enough elsewhere on the bill that'd I'd probably end up skipping them, even if it weren’t Radiohead. 

Cruel fate but one decision easily made. 

Of course, when Thom's voice ends up being crap and they don't bother with FPT, I may regret it

But if FPT happens and I'm not there, I'll kick myself for a long time. 

FWIW Bonobo just performed in daylight on the Main Stage at Coachella, so it's something he's obviously comfortable with.

Coachella 2017: Friday acts the xx, Father John Misty and more reviewed

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2017/apr/15/coachella-2017-friday-lineup-father-john-misty-the-xx-headliners

28 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

FWIW Bonobo just performed in daylight on the Main Stage at Coachella, so it's something he's obviously comfortable with.

Coachella 2017: Friday acts the xx, Father John Misty and more reviewed

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2017/apr/15/coachella-2017-friday-lineup-father-john-misty-the-xx-headliners

The xx not coming off too well there - not boding well for my prediction of them nailing the main stage sub slot, although I'm sure they'll go down a lot better over here/at Glastonbury than Coachella.

40 minutes ago, OBface said:

If Justice on the Sunday comes off, looking like a WH triple header for me. Potential Anderson .Paak into Tribe is the BEST news.

I think a WH treble is pretty much certain for me, there's not really anything I can think of that will keep me away from ATCQ or The Jackson 5, and for Sunday I'm not interested in Ed Sheeran or BBK, and as much as I love Metronomy I've seen them loads, so with the Park's early finish there'd have to be something unexpectedly brilliant on the smaller stages or shite on WH for me not to be there.

1 hour ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

I think a WH treble is pretty much certain for me, there's not really anything I can think of that will keep me away from ATCQ or The Jackson 5, and for Sunday I'm not interested in Ed Sheeran or BBK, and as much as I love Metronomy I've seen them loads, so with the Park's early finish there'd have to be something unexpectedly brilliant on the smaller stages or shite on WH for me not to be there.

Surely The Jacksons without Michael just isn't the same?, he is the reason they are what they are is he not?

10 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

They have been without Michael since the early 1980's  - have a watch of recent youtube videos. Who needs MJ.

I'll have a look but I'm very much take a lead singer away and it's not the same.

Not being funny man but I've just seen some clips of old and new and without Jacko doesn't come close, maybe because I'm a big fan but I don't reckon it it.

Edited by thewayiam