Radiohead Headlining 2017

The Nal

39 minutes ago, cloudb said:

Was it not the opposite that happened.  The recording of it completely set the tone and direction of OKC and the band could easily have re-recorded it if they felt it wasn't up to the high standards of the rest of the album.

Your post makes it sounds like studio pressure forced them to tag it onto the album as it was a hit because of the Warchild album.

I think you're bang on with that.  First track with Nigel, who is pretty much the 6th member ever since.  I think that speaks volumes about how well that Lucky session went. 

1 hour ago, cloudb said:

Was it not the opposite that happened.  The recording of it completely set the tone and direction of OKC and the band could easily have re-recorded it if they felt it wasn't up to the high standards of the rest of the album.

Your post makes it sounds like studio pressure forced them to tag it onto the album as it was a hit because of the Warchild album.

I'd agree with you regarding it setting the tone, but it still seems out of kilter sonically compared  the rest of the album for me

OK Computer was probably my first contemporary 'headphones' album, one which I'd stick on for bed after having a smoke to. There's tonnes going on throughout it, all the way up to The Tourist (always thought was very Pink Floyd that one). Lucky just didn't have the same oomph. Electioneering, the same.

48 minutes ago, Badlands said:

I'd agree with you regarding it setting the tone, but it still seems out of kilter sonically compared  the rest of the album for me

OK Computer was probably my first contemporary 'headphones' album, one which I'd stick on for bed after having a smoke to. There's tonnes going on throughout it, all the way up to The Tourist (always thought was very Pink Floyd that one). Lucky just didn't have the same oomph. Electioneering, the same.

So with you on the Tourist Pink Floyd bit.. specifically suited to Meddle.

12 minutes ago, Stokesy10 said:

I brought this up a while back on here. Keep telling my mate they'll 100% play it at GF cos it's his favourite tune and I have a hunch. Doesn't help that it was played at the 03 gig. Would be fuckin brilliant.

It's definitely in my top 5, it was certainly one of the highlights of the 03 set. Gotta keep the fingers crossed!

I'll support them playing Talk Show Host if they can actually finish writing it. I'm convinced they simply couldn't work out where to go next with the song, which is why it has such an unsatisfying 'ending'. Maybe if they'd finished it, it might have ended up on an album.

Maybe they should do a b side medley? ;)

1 hour ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I'll support them playing Talk Show Host if they can actually finish writing it. I'm convinced they simply couldn't work out where to go next with the song, which is why it has such an unsatisfying 'ending'. Maybe if they'd finished it, it might have ended up on an album.

Maybe they should do a b side medley? ;)

The version they were playing last year was sensational, the extended outro with both drummers smashing it to pieces. Utterly brilliant.

However, it's been in both headline sets already so no need to make it a hat-trick.

Just now, Bradders said:

Everyone's focusing on OKC when what we really need is assurances lots of In Rainbows will be played.

Yep, that's what I want! Those songs finally getting played on the Pyramid is far more of a big deal to me than more of OK Computer being played than normal. Bodysnatchers, Nude, Weird Fishes and Reckoner are all musts.

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

Yep, that's what I want! Those songs finally getting played on the Pyramid is far more of a big deal to me than more of OK Computer being played than normal. Bodysnatchers, Nude, Weird Fishes and Reckoner are all musts.

Would love Down Is the New Up, Go Slowly or Last Flowers from the bonus disk but highly unlikely. Go slowly might be a bit of a downer like Daydreaming but if they found the right flow they could maybe make it work.

2 hours ago, cammie81 said:

Would love Down Is the New Up, Go Slowly or Last Flowers from the bonus disk but highly unlikely. Go slowly might be a bit of a downer like Daydreaming but if they found the right flow they could maybe make it work.

I love each of those tracks and would be great to hear one of them but if I was to start compiling my own 24 track pyramid set list, then I'm sceptical any would make my 24, even for set uniqueness / novelty value. Would be very Radiohead to whoop one out though.