Radiohead Headlining 2017

The Nal

1 minute ago, The Unpossible Ralph said:

Following on from the OK Computer lists a few pages back, please can we start lists for other RH albums? (I'm bored and lists are fun).

In Rainbows:

1. Weird Fishes/Arpeggi
  2. Reckoner
  3. Jigsaw Falling into Place
  4. Nude
  5. Bodysnatchers
  6. All I Need
  7. Videotape
  8. 15 Step
  9. House of Cards
  10. Faust Arp

Nice order. Top 3 are my top 3 (although don't know what order I'd go). All I need would be 4 for me but only cause I had bootleg versions of bodysnatchers and nude before album came out.

Anyone brave enough to do 9) Pablo Honey order?

Reckoner

Weird Fishes

Nude

Jigsaw

15 Step

Bodysnatchers

House of Cards

All I need

Videotape

Faust

Damn hard though. Absolutely nothing between the top 4 - all perfect tracks. I fucking love Videotape as an album closer, so that list should demonstrate how highly I rate the record.

1 hour ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Mate. Yes. With you on this 100%.

Just to point out, not sure if it'll happen the same but Radiohead have been given a 2.5 hour set at Werchter so if the same applies to Glastonbury then The XX aren't going to play before Radiohead, there won't even be a hint of the sun going down by then......whereas on The Park in a headline slot.

1 hour ago, russycarps said:

Yeah, I'll be well pissed off if I catch a single second of those dismal c**ts.

In fact, it'd ruin the entire radiohead gig if I did.

It would ruin the entire night being stuck in that field!

42 minutes ago, Woffy said:

You're all sick in the head. 

Jigsaw should never be lower than 3. WTF is wrong with you all?

1 hour ago, The Unpossible Ralph said:

Following on from the OK Computer lists a few pages back, please can we start lists for other RH albums? (I'm bored and lists are fun).

In Rainbows:

1. Weird Fishes/Arpeggi
  2. Reckoner
  3. Jigsaw Falling into Place

*Ahem*

1 hour ago, jparx said:

Radiohead will get at least 2 hours at Glastonbury. They've had that at most (all?) of the shows they've done since last year so I don't see why they would accept any less at Glastonbury. 

It adds a lot of weight to The XX not playing before them as they have specifically mentioned too about wanting to do something special with Glastonbury. I think the sub before them is likely to be one that isn't even considered a typical option as a sunset band as they will come on around 7pm most likely. This would put Royal Blood as a possible to play 2nd as like with the FF, the sub will actually be closer to a 3rd down band on a normal schedule.

2 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

It adds a lot of weight to The XX not playing before them as they have specifically mentioned too about wanting to do something special with Glastonbury. I think the sub before them is likely to be one that isn't even considered a typical option as a sunset band as they will come on around 7pm most likely. This would put Royal Blood as a possible to play 2nd as like with the FF, the sub will actually be closer to a 3rd down band on a normal schedule.

I don't think it makes much difference really. The sub will come on about half 7 if Radiohead get 2 hours which is the same time the Sunday sub usually plays at, so if The xx sub then they'd be playing at the same time either way.

I'm definitely less convinced that the The xx will sub Radiohead, but more down to their current live shows than the length of Radiohead's set. I can't see how they'd make it work in daylight. I know lots of bands use fancy lighting rigs etc but it's such a fundamental part of The xx's live show.

1 hour ago, jparx said:

I'm definitely less convinced that the The xx will sub Radiohead, but more down to their current live shows than the length of Radiohead's set. I can't see how they'd make it work in daylight. I know lots of bands use fancy lighting rigs etc but it's such a fundamental part of The xx's live show.

The most ideal thing would be an Other headline slot against Ed or against FF with Alt-J not playing. I don't know much about The XX's live show but from what I hear that set will get thoroughly lost on the Pyramid at 7pm. Given this as well the subbing Ed isn't going to happen either so you are left with Other headliner or a Park headline slot.

1 minute ago, thewayiam said:

The most ideal thing would be an Other headline slot against Ed or against FF with Alt-J not playing. I don't know much about The XX's live show but from what I hear that set will get thoroughly lost on the Pyramid at 7pm. Given this as well the subbing Ed isn't going to happen either so you are left with Other headliner or a Park headline slot.

I agree with thewayiam here, although I can't imagine a World where The xx would be on at the park, it'd be utterly rammed.

28 minutes ago, Alex DeLarge said:

I agree with thewayiam here, although I can't imagine a World where The xx would be on at the park, it'd be utterly rammed.

If they had to be put on as the closing Other stage act 4 years ago but as the sub technically then they aren't going to randomly take a slot a slot 2 hours earlier. At Coachella it's different as it's dark by 8pm.

I'm going to have a little stab at The Prodigy, Alt-J and The XX as Other stage headliners but I could see Alt-J not playing as well but not confident with that.

Prediction of the songs we'll get:

AMSP:

Burn the Witch

Daydreaming

Ful Stop

Identikit

Present Tense

TKOL:

Bloom

In Rainbows:

Reckoner

Nude