Radiohead Headlining 2017

The Nal

When In Rainbows came out, Mrs 2 Hats just kept walking around the house in a fugue like state saying "All I want to do is listen to Reckoner", but I still didn't quite get why it was so special.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a hater, I'm just... missing something

Edited by stuartbert two hats
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Maurice Mecca said:

Lost Flowers is my current non album track which I'd love to hear them play.  But would take Bangers & Mash or The Daily Mail too.  And Reckoner is a top tune.  Gearing up for seeing them next week in Miami (7 days and counting!) been listening through the albums, TKOL continues to grow on me.  Codex is such a beautiful song.

Codex is bliss! It took me long enough to get into it but over the past few months It's become a Radiohead song like no other to me. Always walk through the park during lunch at work listening to it, never fails to put me in a good place. Would love them to play it live but I don't know whether they can have Codex, Pyramid Song and Day Dreaming all in the same set for many.

TKOL grows on me too, I have a mate who says it's his favourite album, which he's the only person I've ever heard say that. It's got some great moments and I think the Live from the Basement they did for it made me look at it in a very different way to when I first heard it. 

I had a friend who said that as an album it gets "cleaner" as the tracks go on; messier, more rhyhtm based tracks at the start towards more melodic songs at the end. It doesn't entirely fit the structure but I made sense of it a bit more with that in mind. Codex > Give up the Ghost > Separator is a very nice way to finish the album. To me, it's the most at peace I've heard Thom sound. 

9 minutes ago, nickharley said:

Codex is bliss! It took me long enough to get into it but over the past few months It's become a Radiohead song like no other to me. Always walk through the park during lunch at work listening to it, never fails to put me in a good place. Would love them to play it live but I don't know whether they can have Codex, Pyramid Song and Day Dreaming all in the same set for many.

TKOL grows on me too, I have a mate who says it's his favourite album, which he's the only person I've ever heard say that. It's got some great moments and I think the Live from the Basement they did for it made me look at it in a very different way to when I first heard it. 

I had a friend who said that as an album it gets "cleaner" as the tracks go on; messier, more rhyhtm based tracks at the start towards more melodic songs at the end. It doesn't entirely fit the structure but I made sense of it a bit more with that in mind. Codex > Give up the Ghost > Separator is a very nice way to finish the album. To me, it's the most at peace I've heard Thom sound. 

Yeah, the start of the album builds up tension and the last three tracks release it.  Whenever Codex comes on, I feel like saying "ahhhhh". Sometimes I do!

1 minute ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Yeah, the start of the album builds up tension and the last three tracks release it.  Whenever Codex comes on, I feel like saying "ahhhhh". Sometimes I do!

Haha, that's a good way of putting it! Even listened to on its own it's like a release of tension. Lovely stuff!

In terms of non album tracks that everyone seems to be talking about I would love Gagging Order to be played somewhere, guitar work on that is great. Also have quite a soft spot for A Reminder. 

2 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Can I make a confession? I don't quite get the fuss about Reckoner. :o

Don't worry, my thoughts are the same. Great track, but I don't share the passion some people have for it. Weird Fishes I could understand. And Bodysnatchers is a live must. But Reckoner... yeah, would be nice if they play it, but won't cry if they don't.

7 hours ago, Lubic87 said:

Don't worry, my thoughts are the same. Great track, but I don't share the passion some people have for it. Weird Fishes I could understand. And Bodysnatchers is a live must. But Reckoner... yeah, would be nice if they play it, but won't cry if they don't.

By O'Brien's beard, finally someone else who agrees!

21 hours ago, cammie81 said:

Would love Down Is the New Up, Go Slowly or Last Flowers from the bonus disk but highly unlikely. Go slowly might be a bit of a downer like Daydreaming but if they found the right flow they could maybe make it work.

Down is the New Up is definitely in my top 5 Radiohead songs I still need to see live. Stupendous tune, I still cannot belive it didn't make the final cut for In Rainbows.

Been lucky enough to see Go Slowly a couple of times live (including the Blackpool debut in 2006) always really liked that song.

Edited by ericlered

11 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

When In Rainbows came out, Mrs 2 Hats just kept walking around the house in a fugue like state saying "All I want to do is listen to Reckoner", but I still didn't quite get why it was so special.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a hater, I'm just... missing something

Was she expecting this?

After the Reckoner chat last night, I thought to myself, that's what I'm going to listen to first tomorrow morning. 

Sit down on the train, turn on Spotify, find Reckoner, press play......  Nothing. It won't play it. Will let me play literally everything else except Reckoner. 

I'm not sure what this is a sign of, but I don't like it. 

19 minutes ago, nikkic said:

After the Reckoner chat last night, I thought to myself, that's what I'm going to listen to first tomorrow morning. 

Sit down on the train, turn on Spotify, find Reckoner, press play......  Nothing. It won't play it. Will let me play literally everything else except Reckoner. 

I'm not sure what this is a sign of, but I don't like it. 

Don't worry, the day of Reckoner is coming.

2 hours ago, jparx said:

I think for the sake of poor @SwedgeAntilles's health, they need to play Reckoner. And we should all be willing them to, even if you hate the song.

If it's not been played by the time The Gloaming comes on I'm reverting to my all-purpose contingency Plan B; sticking my earphones in, playing it on Spotify and pretending that's what they're playing. 

The drugs will help with the illusion. 

Edited by SwedgeAntilles

10 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

If it's not been played by the time The Gloaming comes on I'm reverting to my all-purpose contingency Plan B; sticking my earphones in, playing it on Spotify and pretending that's what they're playing. 

The drugs will help with the illusion. 

I might try that during Foo Fighters and pretend I'm watching Pink Floyd.

11 hours ago, Lubic87 said:

4 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

By O'Brien's beard, finally someone else who agrees!

Yeah I never really saw in Reckoner what others do. I like it, but there are about 4 or 5 songs off of In Rainbows I like more.

15 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

No, I know that.  I know all about the golden ratio stuff and the way that the "In Rainbows" harmonies come in at the exact special moment.  But the song is quite good, just not in my top ten.  I mean, it's no Electioneering, is it? ;)

Wow, @ogriff really likes Reckoner!

Rumbled!