Radiohead Headlining 2017

The Nal

1 minute ago, Justiceforcedave said:

They better step it up for Glasto.

When is Thier first festi appearance of the year?

Both weekends of Coachella in a couple of weeks I believe. Their setlists there in '12 were pretty lacklustre on the 'hits' but I'm sure they'll bring out the bangers this time like they have with their previous festival shows on this tour.

8 minutes ago, ericlered said:

If it's from my friend from NYC, then they will probably upload a lot more from the show, they like to record from the front row and they have a nice camera to boot!

Awesome. Tell em they did a great job! And also ask them to upload Morning Bell ;)

9 minutes ago, jparx said:

Awesome. Tell em they did a great job! And also ask them to upload Morning Bell ;)

Youtube username is allbearsrule, they just posted Climbing Up The Walls. Looks amazing.

They're posting from hotel internet so that might be it for now, but there will be a lot more to follow I reckon.

Edited by ericlered
more detail

2 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Ditch There There? Y'all be tripping 

Ain't it the truth - in my top 5 for sure. Didn't play it when I saw them last year so hoping it comes back in to the setlists at one of the shows I go to this year (Glastonbury obviously being the preferred one - the video of them opening with it in '03 always fills me with glee. I want that!)

2 minutes ago, arcade fireman said:

There There is a must for Glasto. Sounds great and the spectacle of four drummers (incl Clive) and Jonny switching to guitar and playing that kick ass mini solo will look awesome. 

I'd love it at Glasto but no great loss if it's not on the setlist. I think it's taken it's rightful place since 2016 of being played only every 2 or 3 shows. It's had a very long run as being a setlist staple. Just seen the video of The Tourist, damn I love that song.

Just now, ericlered said:

Just seen the video of The Tourist, damn I love that song.

Been listening to OK Computer a lot recently due to all the hype surrounding it's anniversary (and it just being amazing, of course) and have fallen back in love with The Tourist. Amazing song - hope it wasn't just a one off and I get to see it live at least once.

17 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Been listening to OK Computer a lot recently due to all the hype surrounding it's anniversary (and it just being amazing, of course) and have fallen back in love with The Tourist. Amazing song - hope it wasn't just a one off and I get to see it live at least once.

I've always loved it. OKC has been my favourite album more or less since it's release, and The Tourist is the perfect album closer for me. I've been very fortunate to have seen it live about 4 times, funny how certain songs end up in your setlists more than the average. First time was at Glasto in 97 and they even closed one of the Blackpool gigs in 2006 with it. Talk Show Host is another that has landed in my setlists a few times. Let Down is the one that has eluded me, and MUST be played.

18 minutes ago, ericlered said:

I've always loved it. OKC has been my favourite album more or less since it's release, and The Tourist is the perfect album closer for me. I've been very fortunate to have seen it live about 4 times, funny how certain songs end up in your setlists more than the average. First time was at Glasto in 97 and they even closed one of the Blackpool gigs in 2006 with it. Talk Show Host is another that has landed in my setlists a few times. Let Down is the one that has eluded me, and MUST be played.

Don't get into setlist trainspotting, dude.  It's a thankless and painful hobby.  You see Springsteen fans losing their marbles because the one show on a tour that they miss is the one when he finally plays some obscure b-side that they need to complete their 'collection'.

8 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

No Surprises, Reckoner, Fake Plastic Trees, Bodysnatchers, even You and Whose Army weak!? Getouttahere!

:P OK, Reckoner and Fake Plastic Trees are good. I'm not a fan of Bodysnatchers closing though and always preferred YAWA as an opener. A HTTT track like There There or 2+2=5, or something off The Bends, would amp it up a bit in my opinion. 

1 hour ago, The Placid Casual said:

No Present Tense or Decks Dark. That just won't do.

Agreed - possibly my 2 favourites from AMSP these days. If we get those, an improved Burn the Witch, Ful Stop and Daydreaming (not at the start of the set) I'll be happy!

+ There There needs to be played.

Cor, I don't ask for much do I? :)

Edited by TomViolence

Y'all reading too much in to their first show. Look at the setlist from Amsterdam night 1 last year. Lots of similarities, yet the festival shows ended up looking completely different. Also, You and Whose Army? opened the 2nd encore on that Amsterdam show as well. Funny that.

Edited by jparx

56 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Don't get into setlist trainspotting, dude.  It's a thankless and painful hobby.  You see Springsteen fans losing their marbles because the one show on a tour that they miss is the one when he finally plays some obscure b-side that they need to complete their 'collection'.

Hehe I know, thankless indeed, but it should never be taken too seriously. That's what happens when bands mix the setlists up and make their tours interesting! Let Down is bucket list stuff for me. Been seeing them since 1996 and it has eluded me in the 3 tours where they have played it. 1997, 2006 and then last year when they only brought it into the sets once on US soil. The Blackpool gigs in 2006 it is on the printed setlist from the 2nd gig but they scratched it to play Just instead. Cruel.

Edited by ericlered