Radiohead Headlining 2017

The Nal

5 hours ago, Will-2609 said:

Give up the Ghost is a leftfield pick for someone saying he just wants to hear Fake Plastic Trees and Creep :P

TKOL songs were amazing on the 2012 arena tour (highlights of the show) but I don't want them at Glasto. They can play em on the arena tour but Lotus Flower is the only one that deserves a place on the Glasto setlist imo.

Having said the above I'd probably change my TKOL choice to Lotus Flower and hope for Codex at the Manchester dates instead.

I don't know, I feel Give Up The Ghost could go down surprisingly well. But as you rightfully said, I'll happily forgo it for FPT as a guarantee :P

I can't make the Manchester dates unfortunately - I'm seeing Midnight Oil and Blink-182. No shame :lol:

Creep
The Bends
Paranoid Android
How To Disappear Completely
Knives Out
Myxomatosis
Reckoner
Lotus Flower
The Numbers

Paranoid Android 
Let Down
Lucky
Karma Police 
The Tourist
Airbag
Subterranean Homesick Alien
Exit Music (For a Film)
No Surprises
Climbing Up The Walls 
Electioneering
Fitter Happier

I've never understood the love for Let Down, it's a cracking song but I don't think it comes near the best on OKC. However if i learnt anything from this forum/thread I love a good list so you have my attention. 

Creep

Just

Exit Music

Knives Out 

There, There

Reckoner

Lotus Flower 

Burn The Witch

&

Exit Music

Paranoid Android 

Airbag

Karma Police

No Surprises 

Climbing Up The Walls 

Lucky

Subterranean Homesick Alien 

Let Down

The Tourist

Electioneering 

Fitter Happier

17 minutes ago, Callum_96 said:

I've never understood the love for Let Down, it's a cracking song but I don't think it comes near the best on OKC. However if i learnt anything from this forum/thread I love a good list so you have my attention. 

Creep

Just

Exit Music

Knives Out 

There, There

Reckoner

Lotus Flower 

Burn The Witch

&

Exit Music

Paranoid Android 

Airbag

Karma Police

No Surprises 

Climbing Up The Walls 

Lucky

Subterranean Homesick Alien 

Let Down

The Tourist

Electioneering 

Fitter Happier

I think the problem ur having is that you think Karma Police, No Surprises and Subterranean Homesick Alien(!!) are better than Let Down.

Just now, Will-2609 said:

I think the problem ur having is that you think Karma Police, No Surprises and Subterranean Homesick Alien(!!) are better than Let Down.

I was never a huge fan of Karma Police but the Roundhouse completely changed my mind about it, I thought it was beautiful live and now every time I listen to it I get a huge flashback and its amazing! Plus SHA is massively underrated in my opinion, it works on so many levels whereas I just can't understand the love for Let Down, compared to the likes of Exit Music and Paranoid Android it just feels lacking.

I adore Let Down, the ending is gorgeous. From what I've seen live though it doesn't quite hit the same level , not to say it's not good.

I even love Toots & The Maytals cover of it , in a very different way. If they play West Holts Saturday , It'd be great to see them do it!

• Upvote 1

Their inability to replicate Thoms 'harmony' is by no means a reason to not play Let Down.

What makes the song special, and what that Easy Star All Stars version doesn't capture, is the polymetric nature of the song.  Without this it's simply a slightly above average 90s anthem.

It's also the very reason they rarely play it and why I don't think they'll play it at Glastonbury given it will be recorded.

Whenever I listen to it I usually only focus on Jonnys guitar track. It's so perfectly out of sync with the rest of the band.

1 minute ago, cloudb said:

Their inability to replicate Thoms 'harmony' is by no means a reason to not play Let Down.

What makes the song special, and what that Easy Star All Stars version doesn't capture, is the polymetric nature of the song.  Without this it's simply a slightly above average 90s anthem.

It's also the very reason they rarely play it and why I don't think they'll play it at Glastonbury given it will be recorded.

Whenever I listen to it I usually only focus on Jonnys guitar track. It's so perfectly out of sync with the rest of the band.

As I say, its still very good but the melody and the harmonies near the end is the icing on the cake for me. I know they've played it a few times on the latest tour, would still be very happy for it to be included.

I like the easy star all stars version because they completely make it their own. I almost see them as two different songs. 

4 minutes ago, cloudb said:

Lollapalooza was recorded and they played it there.

Although I still don't think they will play it at Glastonbury. I imagine they will want the set to be as tight as possible, and Let Down is good live, but it's far from the tightest song in the set.

I know it's stupid to hinge so much on the inclusion of one song but I'll be pissed if we don't get it. In hindsight, I mean. At the time I doubt I'll notice at all. But the next day when I wake up nursing the mother of all comedowns and sipping on a Berroca I'll momentarily think 'Oh yeah, they didn't play Let Down, the bastards' and then be on with my day.

• Upvote 2

Just now, FloorFiller said:

I know it's stupid to hinge so much on the inclusion of one song but I'll be pissed if we don't get it. In hindsight, I mean. At the time I doubt I'll notice at all. But the next day when I wake up nursing the mother of all comedowns and sipping on a Berroca I'll momentarily think 'Oh yeah, they didn't play Let Down, the bastards' and then be on with my day.

If anyone ever wants to know the true Glastonbury experience, that's it right there.

• Upvote 1

Tbh I've got three Radiohead shows in the space of a couple of weeks lined up so surely they must play it at at least one of them. If it's Glastonbury then all the better, but I'll take it at one of the Manchester shows too if I must*

* but no, seriously, play it at fucking Glastonbury!

I'd rather them play it at Manchester TBH. With all the crowd singing the harmony.

But if they do play it at Glastonbury, I certainly won't be stood there, arms crossed, stroking my beard and thinking "WHAT THE HELL ARE THEY PLAYING THIS FOR?!"

Edited by jparx

Just now, jparx said:

I'd rather them play it at Manchester TBH. With all the crowd singing the harmony.

But if they do play it at Glastonbury, I certainly won't be stood there, arms crossed, stroking my beard and thinking "WHAT THE HELL ARE THEY PLAYING THIS FOR?!"

That's a good point - jesus that would be fantastic. Although all you need to do is watch Thom & Jonny playing Weird Fishes at the Park in 2010 to realise that even at Glastonbury (this time the crowd having no idea they were turning up to see) the crowd have got our backs on the missing harmonies/vocals. If they could just play it at all of their UK shows that'd be ace, really.

7 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

That's a good point - jesus that would be fantastic. Although all you need to do is watch Thom & Jonny playing Weird Fishes at the Park in 2010 to realise that even at Glastonbury (this time the crowd having no idea they were turning up to see) the crowd have got our backs on the missing harmonies/vocals. If they could just play it at all of their UK shows that'd be ace, really.

True. I'm probably underestimating how many die hards will be in the crowd. If, say, 20,000 of the fans that turn up to see them are as die hard as us it would be a ridonkulous show.