Radiohead Headlining 2017

The Nal

3 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

No it doesn't. It doesn't affect my aural pleasure at all. 

What's more, I've genuinely no idea what he meant, let alone agreeing with it.

@Woffy, did you mean because  George Martin didn't produce most of it, or because they didn't play as a band much on those songs? I'm fairly baffled!

So, 12 days until the first show of 2017.

What do you think will be the opener this year? Burn the Witch? Something else? Will they even have a staple opener on this tour?

If it's Burn the Witch, the million dollar question is have they addressed the obvious issues with it from a live perspective?

3 minutes ago, jparx said:

So, 12 days until the first show of 2017.

What do you think will be the opener this year? Burn the Witch? Something else? Will they even have a staple opener on this tour?

If it's Burn the Witch, the million dollar question is have they addressed the obvious issues with it from a live perspective?

I certainly hope so!

1 hour ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Cos I was pissed last night, when I first read it, I didn't realise they were 3 separate statements referring to my 3 points and thought he was having a bit of an argument with himself. 

I took it to mean the latter - Ringo left and came back so Macca played drums on a couple etc etc. But who knows what Woffy ever means?

Sorry was a bit trollied myself. 

But yeah. Kinda the end of that perfect 'band as a gang of mates' era. As a Beatles nut it kinda loses something undefinable cos of that. I still haven't explained it very well  

Do I often not make sense then?

2 hours ago, Robofish said:

So tempted to do a full Beatles ranking. But White Album is second to Sgt Pepper for me. I think I'm quite uncool. 

And AMSP > In Rainbows & OKC. 

A Moon Shaped Pool better than In Rainbows and OKC? 

Mate, come off it :blink: I'm all for opinions like, but this is utterly laughable.

No offence intended :)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

11 minutes ago, Stokesy10 said:

A Moon Shaped Pool better than In Rainbows and OKC? 

Mate, come off it :blink: I'm all for opinions like, but this is utterly laughable.

No offence intended :)

Your total dislike for A Moon Shaped Pool does amuse me :lol:

Although aye that statement is ridiculous - AMSP is great but the other two are masterpieces.

Speaking of which, I just got high (edgy) and listened to OK Computer and it may have shot back up to my number one after being dislodged for some time. Listening to Lucky now and it's the best thing ever.

edit: although maybe I'd need to listen to the other two high to make it fair.

Edited by FloorFiller

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

Your total dislike for A Moon Shaped Pool does amuse me :lol:

Although aye that statement is ridiculous - AMSP is great but the other two are masterpieces.

Honestly mate its almost like I'm annoyed I don't like it. I have tried so hard, and one day it might click. It may well do at Glasto when I hear some of it live, wouldn't be surprised and I'd be more than happy to have my mind changed. Like a few tracks, don't get me wrong, it just seems so far from the brilliance of other albums to me. I am genuinely looking forward to hearing how it comes across live, though.

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

Speaking of which, I just got high (edgy) and listened to OK Computer and it may have shot back up to my number one after being dislodged for some time. Listening to Lucky now and it's the best thing ever.

I tried to give myself a rule of not listening to any Radiohead for a while (cos I was getting far too excited since the announcement).

Had big random playlist on shuffle in the car, Lucky came on. Basically cried.

A fucking masterpiece.

If I hear that or Airbag at G, I will have a breakdown. Even Android probably. 

Edited by Stokesy10

2 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

I don't think you can fully understand Lucky without being a certain degree of inebriated.