Knobs

elias

Had to knock some charge into my phone on Sunday as needed it Monday morning for accessing my mobile ticket for the bus so lined up at the Ee recharge tent behind these 2...well All I can say is stereotypical knobs....must have been about 16 going on 12 and just kept on about how everyone they know is a w*nker in some way, their kevved up cars, what big shots they reckon they are in their shitty little town you know the type....how much 'mandy' they reckon they've done etc etc had to stifle a laugh when one of them started to talk about how his dad was coming to give him money for food but he was just going to spend it all on drugs, how his mum.had kicked him out (but she was the asshole lol) and then randomly.started going on about spending hundreds of pounds on these 'supreme' stickers (because clearly he's not a slave to brands...hundreds of pounds on stickers wtf?) and then had to get more money off his dad.....basically the very definition of a total little scrote....it was hell being stuck in a line behind these morons for half an hour having to listen to this shite.

Ironically the kind of people I go to Glasto to get away from! Haha

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, tevaburger said:

only thing I'll say about this thread is that the opening post was such a positively accurate commentary about the general lovely people that were on site this year, and yet because it is titled as such -  "Knobs" - it has invited subsequent posters to change that picture by listing the idiots that were on site. 

Yeah, sorry about that.
Perhaps I should have called it 'Lack of knobs'. 'Knobless' maybe?

While sitting on a bench at the back of West Holts enjoying the lovely Anoushka Shankar a very drunk woman decided to sit next to me and put an umbrella up, she then proceeded to poke me with it in various parts of my head and face for the rest of the set, she kept apologising but it didn't make me feel any better, please don't bring umbrellas to Glastonbury, it's rude and selfish. 
Charm x

4 minutes ago, Charm said:

While sitting on a bench at the back of West Holts enjoying the lovely Anoushka Shankar a very drunk woman decided to sit next to me and put an umbrella up, she then proceeded to poke me with it in various parts of my head and face for the rest of the set, she kept apologising but it didn't make me feel any better, please don't bring umbrellas to Glastonbury, it's rude and selfish. 
Charm x

I couldn't believe how many umbrellas I saw, especially in the middle of crowds. Just put your hood up!

14 hours ago, RickW said:

The Glastonbury licence allows for just 5000 Sunday tickets, sold to those of us who live locally and are affected by the festivals operation, it is a great opportunity to come along see what's happening and like us appreciate what's the festival, n turn this DOES increase the good will locally.

I am also a local - there was more than 5000 extra people on the sunday. Impossible to quantify of course but I have heard that more than 5000 have been let in for years. 

While everyone is talking about the tiny minority of idiots they encountered there is another subject that fits.

The huge quantity of friendly, polite, respectful, helpful and fun scousers.  There were lots of groups of young lads and ladies down from Liverpool who came and gave the city a good name.  We had a good crowd this year, but for me I came away with the thought that if this is the generation the city is producing then the future doesn't look quite as bad as it did Friday morning.  The big group by me at the back of Coldplay were brilliant fun, always keeping an eye out to make sure no one around them was made uncomfortable by their behaviour (which was raucous) and really adding to the atmosphere.

I've seen some classic crowds come to Glastonbury, '99 and '10 being stand out years, but well done to everyone who came and made this a good year, you were one of the best, right up there with those 2 years for me.  You all brought the right attitude, you all kept the spirit and you made my year all the brighter, despite the mud.

I'm glad everyone had this experience but it was definitely no the experience that i had. Never had so many people start on me at a festival. My gf was groped blatantly about 3 times, once in the glade where a guy grabbed her and kissed her whilst i was standing there and then tried to strangle me. Stewards didn't seem to give a monkeys. Never had so much grief trying to get through the crowd to the stage. Groups of blokes blatantly dancing in to us with bags when we moved to a new spot.  Don't understand it.

Still a wonderful weekend, but i felt that the dance element has grown the crowd of chavvy pissed up/pilled up dick heads 10 fold and i didn;t find it anywhere near as chilled.  Weird that i had such a different experience. Maybe just very unlucky.

13 hours ago, Rumblestripe said:

As man that stinks. Hope the fecking thieving scum choked on it. Loads of people (myself included) leave booze and juice in their tents, they're not really "valuable" so you just assume that people wont steal them. It's a risk I know but I can't trail to a lock up every time I want an orange juice. Hope it didn't ruin the festival for you.

Yeah it did put a downer on the Weds, because I'd spent so much time planning how I was going ti keep it cool for as long as possible, had frozen everything and using bottles of OJ and water as ice packs.

The most annoying thing though, was that I couldn't believe it had been stolen and convinced myself I'd left the bag in the car....so we ended up trudging all the way back to bloody pink 55 on the Wednesday only to confirm it had definitely been nicked, so wasted another 1.5 hours of relaxation/festival time looking for it. That was the real shitter!

Inside The Beat Hotel is good, the music this year especially was absolutely fantastic, good cocktails, good food, for me, there's a lot to like. I think it would be even better if they got rid of the pyramid thing outside, just seems to attracts big groups of people loitering about, get rid of that, make the tent bigger because it can get rather crowded in there, and it would be even better 

42 minutes ago, Spindles said:

I've seen some classic crowds come to Glastonbury, '99 and '10 being stand out years, but well done to everyone who came and made this a good year, you were one of the best, right up there with those 2 years for me.  You all brought the right attitude, you all kept the spirit and you made my year all the brighter, despite the mud.

Two of my 3 favourite years '99 and '10. So glad it was as good a crowd for you this year as those two years were for me, genuine 'time of my life' weeks.

After a bit of a shite fest in '11 (my best mate collapsed and left early) and some other serious issues in my life in the interim, I've had 5 years away from the fest.

I wasnt sure that in my mid forties the appetite for the mission that is Glastonbury would return but from watching the coverage live on the Iplayer and reading the stories on here and elsewhere I'm really looking forward to returning in '17 - tickets permitting!

Edited by Craigston

Not to take the thread off topic but anyone know why so many from liverpool? no problem with it what so ever just genuinely curious, its been a theme every year ive been there, it seems weird theres so many people from one small area of the country compared to the rest....do they have just like unfiltered access to seetickets up there or are scousers just incredibly organised on ticket day? one of glastonburys little quirks that is haha

1 minute ago, waterfalls212434 said:

Not to take the thread off topic but anyone know why so many from liverpool? no problem with it what so ever just genuinely curious, its been a theme every year ive been there, it seems weird theres so many people from one small area of the country compared to the rest....do they have just like unfiltered access to seetickets up there or are scousers just incredibly organised on ticket day? one of glastonburys little quirks that is haha

I think you just notice them more because of the strong accents, I don't think there's actually any more. It is the same perception bias as other queues always moving more quickly then yours etc

1 minute ago, giantkatestacks said:

I think you just notice them more because of the strong accents, I don't think there's actually any more. It is the same perception bias as other queues always moving more quickly then yours etc

There is that, definitely an accent that stands out for sure, its good though as like others have said the majority are perfectly awesome people and it does a lot to stop the stereotype of pissed up angry scousers causing chaos. met some brilliant people this year

53 minutes ago, Abensie said:

I'm glad everyone had this experience but it was definitely no the experience that i had. Never had so many people start on me at a festival. My gf was groped blatantly about 3 times, once in the glade where a guy grabbed her and kissed her whilst i was standing there and then tried to strangle me. Stewards didn't seem to give a monkeys. Never had so much grief trying to get through the crowd to the stage. Groups of blokes blatantly dancing in to us with bags when we moved to a new spot.  Don't understand it.

Still a wonderful weekend, but i felt that the dance element has grown the crowd of chavvy pissed up/pilled up dick heads 10 fold and i didn;t find it anywhere near as chilled.  Weird that i had such a different experience. Maybe just very unlucky.

this was my experience on the paths from pylon to other stage via silver hayes, that was not a good atmosphere, noone seemed to give a shit, lots of pushing, shoving, if you were unlucky enough to be in the minority going one way the rest of the crowd just surged all over the path, noone made room for you, countless times just got shoved off the path into the thick mud at the sides, think we`ll avoid camping in pylon next year just to avoid having to go through here...its like a different world entirly compared to the rest of the fest.

I'd say this year that apart from a few people in our camping field, the crowd was top notch. I received so many happy glances from people, saw so many people helping others who had fallen over or lost a boot in the mud, and had so many great conversations with random people. I had one single bad experience all festival. I was walking on the track past stage left (if looking out from the other stage) on Thursday eve. Some tall bald guy grabbed the top handle of my backpack and dragged me off the path. He showed me an ID card which said he was security. I was a bit stoned and tried to get away from him but he kept hold. My missus went mental and my mate tried to get him to back off. I got free telling him i didn't want any trouble and thankfully my mate didn't go for him to protect me. Glastonbury is a city of 200,000 people. There are always gonna be a few nob heads who get in, some of them organised to extort money from soft targets and some who are disorganised, plain dicks!

I soon forgot all about it and went back to enjoying being amongst all the wonderful people.

Edited by Jugtanion

15 hours ago, Digital Monkey (Womad) said:

The problem is at that time of night noise travels far, even if it is quite chit chat. I have no real problems the other nights (honestly), but when people could potentially have a long drive next day I don't think its unreasonable to expect a bit of consideration. If people want to chat there other areas on site to do that, you have no other options where to sleep

Sleep with Earplugs in. It seems like a fairly obvious solution and something I've been doing at Festivals for about 15 years now after the first time I had that kind of issue (the most boring bloke in the world with the most monotone voice in the world somehow ended up right outside my tent, until 6am). Since then I've found decent disposable earplugs (ie any rated higher than 30db) work a treat. Don't think it's realistic to expect everyone to be silent at a campsite.

Very low (proportionally) count of knobs I thought.

Some one 'FFS' me as I very, very politely moved out to the loo from a crowd, which was abit annoying. Not sure what her problem was, as I was nothing but very nice. Nevermind.

Some guys shouting something about a gang bang walking through the West Holts area - a lady took them to task on it, as they were being pretty rude to any female they passed.

Apart from that - everyone was bloody lovely. 

32 minutes ago, waterfalls212434 said:

this was my experience on the paths from pylon to other stage via silver hayes, that was not a good atmosphere, noone seemed to give a shit, lots of pushing, shoving, if you were unlucky enough to be in the minority going one way the rest of the crowd just surged all over the path, noone made room for you, countless times just got shoved off the path into the thick mud at the sides, think we`ll avoid camping in pylon next year just to avoid having to go through here...its like a different world entirly compared to the rest of the fest.

Had the exact same experience and completely agree. I thought Silver Hayes had a bit of a toxic atmosphere at times. By far the worst bit of the festival as far as I'm concerned!

But my experience on the whole was tremendously positive it must be said :)

47 minutes ago, giantkatestacks said:

Nail on the head. Me, I'm from the North, I can tell what the Northern accents are, but south from Birmingham - unless you're from Bristol, Gloucestershire, Cornwall/Devon & London I wouldn't be able to tell the difference as everyone sounds the same to me.

The Northern accents do stand out a lot more, especially the Scouse, Manc & Geordie accents.

24 minutes ago, jparx said:

Had the exact same experience and completely agree. I thought Silver Hayes had a bit of a toxic atmosphere at times. By far the worst bit of the festival as far as I'm concerned!

But my experience on the whole was tremendously positive it must be said :)

definitely, I will be doing my best to avoid the entire silver hayes area if im lucky enough to get a ticket in 2017, horrible bloody place, horrible atmosphere, rude aggressive people.....maybe it got to it more as I had to trek through it everyday as camped at pylon(unless you wanted to take a massive long way round through darble and round john peel etc), not a big loss for me as the music there doesnt interest me much anyway other then bbc introducing occasionally.

I mostly took the route past JPT to Pyramid to get out into things, rather than the journey through Silver Hayes, as people mention it was the one place that didn't really have the spirit, but that's fine by me as it is a haven for the people I probably wouldn't enjoy mixing with and would find me a boring old git.  It suits me that there are parts of the festival for everyone, I don't begrudge anyone having whatever kind of fun makes their festival.

Yeah, being camped in Darble this year, we had to cross through silver hayes a few times, and it was always a bit of a buzz kill for me. However, I did enjoy dancing to some reggae at The Blues stage on Friday morning while the sun was out, and the Wow stage for the Bicep and friends outdoor party. But evenings were a bit too hectic!

12 minutes ago, DaddyBacon said:

I'm a big lover of dance music but Silver Hayes was a real disappointment. I even left Sonic before Tensnake on saturday night as the atmosphere was very uncomfortable. That seemed to be where the bell ends congregate. Same with the Pyramid but with straightpeg cider and carling drinkers who's faces are fixed in miserable disdain. I'm sorry but I totally disagree about scousers. I did eventually meet a couple of nice ones but the majority do their city no favours whatsoever. I would love to have them banned from the festival but it would be unfair on the minority of pleasant ones. They seem to either want to cause bother or extort others to pay for their thrills. Remember before the super fence when there were thousands of them at every turn intent on robbing or mugging people? Thats largely gone thankfully but their presence still makes me feel very uneasy.

In a year where everyone I heard talking about the EU result was saddened by the devicive nature of the result, it's refreshing to hear someone say people from one part of the country should be banned. 

2 hours ago, Spindles said:

While everyone is talking about the tiny minority of idiots they encountered there is another subject that fits.

The huge quantity of friendly, polite, respectful, helpful and fun scousers.  There were lots of groups of young lads and ladies down from Liverpool who came and gave the city a good name.  We had a good crowd this year, but for me I came away with the thought that if this is the generation the city is producing then the future doesn't look quite as bad as it did Friday morning.  The big group by me at the back of Coldplay were brilliant fun, always keeping an eye out to make sure no one around them was made uncomfortable by their behaviour (which was raucous) and really adding to the atmosphere.

I'll second this. I usually dread the seetickets coach down as its usually full of scally dickheads but this time everyone was brilliant. The guys behind me made the 15 hour coach much more bareable, one of them is an efester who knew neil but i forget his name.