Knobs

elias

30 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

As much as the other "knobs" can be annoying, what happened to you is from a different league of scum bag.

I hope you are ok and the experience doesn't put you off attending the festival in future.

Shocking to think this could happen. We had one female with us. My mates wife. She was after going back on her own to the tent on Friday night. We convinced her to stay out with us all. Scary to think what could have happened.

Where was your tent? Hopefully the fucker is found and you are ok.

We were camped in Paines, at the top near South Park. After I got him out of the tent he carried on walking up to South Park. I was really confident they would get him with the wristband, felt quite pleased with myself, but they're not logged! Thanx for the support all of you, makes me feel less stupid for being upset by it. 

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, Curlygirl said:

We were camped in Paines, at the top near South Park. After I got him out of the tent he carried on walking up to South Park. I was really confident they would get him with the wristband, felt quite pleased with myself, but they're not logged! Thanx for the support all of you, makes me feel less stupid for being upset by it. 

That has really sent a shivver down me as that is where we were. Carry on through arcadia to the end of paines, take a right (as if you were heading down the hill to the toilets) and we were just off the main path.

You are certainly not stupid for being upset. We are all upset for you, so don't feel stupid at all. You have nothing to feel bad about. Lets hope he is caught.

Edited by FuzzyDunlop

6 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

That has really sent a shivver down me as that is where we were. Carry on through arcadia to the end of paines, take a right (as if you were heading down the hill to the toilets) and we were just off the main path.

You are certainly not stupid for being upset. We are all upset for you, so don't feel stupid at all. You have nothing to feel bad about. Lets hope he is caught.

That's the horrible thought. It could've been anyone. Luckily I had my wits about me and I'm trained in control and restraint. Thanx for making me feel better Fuzzy x

7 minutes ago, Curlygirl said:

That's the horrible thought. It could've been anyone. Luckily I had my wits about me and I'm trained in control and restraint. Thanx for making me feel better Fuzzy x

That is horrible to have happened. I'd certainly say please don't feel stupid about being upset.  I hope he's caught soon, and that you are able to find a better place of mind xx

Lovely groups of people

Only issues I have/had

the groupsof mainly young girls who barge their way through a crowd without even a thank you, or excuse me - all hand in hand and just barging

The groups of people chatting their way through acts - especially Adele. The group infront of me were discussing bee colonies in Guilford !!!.... they soon stopped when I asked them how their bees were doing, and they apologised. They just didn't realise how loud they were being :-)

Why do some people force their way into a huge crowd to then chat all the way through with their back to the stage,,, probably taking one selfie along the way ?

Met some amazing people, of all ages, during acts and just chilling out. One young lad who was at his first glastonbury wtih his girlfriend, during coldplay, bald head totally glittered and he was a concierge in a London hotel, telling us how he had to be clean shaven for work and he would be sacked if he couldn't get the glitter off ... he was buzzing about his whole weekend, and he really got the whole spirit of Glastonbury - he totally warmed  my heart :-)

@Curlygirl OMG, thats horrendous hun, No-one, just no-one should ever have to encounter that. What a despciable human being. He needs to be caught. Those situations are horrible, like its in slow motion - a similar thing happened to me a few years ago, not at a festival. So glad you got his wristband and with any luck someone will remember him on here and know who it could be

Please please go and talk to someone if its preying on your mind, Try not to keep it bottled up

Big festival love

xxx

16 minutes ago, Funkyfairy! said:

@Curlygirl OMG, thats horrendous hun, No-one, just no-one should ever have to encounter that. What a despciable human being. He needs to be caught. Those situations are horrible, like its in slow motion - a similar thing happened to me a few years ago, not at a festival. So glad you got his wristband and with any luck someone will remember him on here and know who it could be

Please please go and talk to someone if its preying on your mind, Try not to keep it bottled up

Big festival love

xxx

You made me cry! I was thinking of pm'ing ian the worm seeing as tho he works the park area but like the police say, bands are just given out with no logs taken. The hope is someone recognises the description and remember someone needing a replacement band. 

Thanx Jx

2 minutes ago, Curlygirl said:

You made me cry! I was thinking of pm'ing ian the worm seeing as tho he works the park area but like the police say, bands are just given out with no logs taken. The hope is someone recognises the description and remember someone needing a replacement band. 

Thanx Jx

A few things have left me shocked and saddened after this years festival, By far this is the most shocking, I really hope the Police can get some dna from the band and catch this scum, wishing you all the best xx

Come on folks so one must recognise the description or know who this is.

Thanx Jx

Sadly the blue ones I think you are talking about are like guest passes and are given out to loads of people, I got one last year for deliverying a truck to the backstage. In T&C we have geen ones that are just given out so folks can come and drink in the bar. The people actually working there get wristbands like the punters (different colour) and are all logged to a person.

Just now, RickW said:

A few things have left me shocked and saddened after this years festival, By far this is the most shocking, I really hope the Police can get some dna from the band and catch this scum, wishing you all the best xx

Come on folks so one must recognise the description or know who this is.

Unless he is known to the police the Dna will be of no use... Unless someone on here has a clue. They have rang me most days to keep me updated. I was a bit shocked to hear the serious crime unit were involved! I wish I knew who the other girl was. The police told me no other reports have come in. Thanx Rick and Fred 

Thanx Jx

Sorry didn't mean to make you cry xxx

Please PM Ian the worm - he may just know who it could be, or may be able to circulate a description to people he knows and  that may just lead to him being caught. It won't be the first or last time that horrible human being (if you can call him a human being) will try something similar. I'm quite sure it wasn;t a one off thing - guys like him don't suddenly do something like that on a whim.

Makes me so so so mad ! PM me babe if you want to chat or on FB, as I say something similar happened to me and I didn't report it- you;re doing something darn positive by getting a description out there xxxx

2 minutes ago, fred quimby said:

Sadly the blue ones I think you are talking about are like guest passes and are given out to loads of people, I got one last year for deliverying a truck to the backstage. In T&C we have geen ones that are just given out so folks can come and drink in the bar. The people actually working there get wristbands like the punters (different colour) and are all logged to a person.

Yeah the police said they're given to approx 200 people as volunteers. Just hoping someone will remember a bloke of the description asking for a replacement... If he was that stupid to do so! 

3 minutes ago, Curlygirl said:

Yeah the police said they're given to approx 200 people as volunteers. Just hoping someone will remember a bloke of the description asking for a replacement... If he was that stupid to do so! 

This is what I really hope for that he did go back to get one (my wife had a T&C one as she was camping back with me) and that someone recognised him. I don't know anyone who works in the park anymore sorry otherwiseI'd be on the phone. Scum like this need to be found

Edited by fred quimby

Horrendous thing to happen anywhere! Horrible for someone to potentially ruin a place you love attending and find a "happy" place. 

Please don't let this effect you, what an utter low life scumbag that man was. 

Well done on keeping your composure in such a distressing situation. 

Awful to hear about that  @Curlygirl :( Pure and utter scum.

Nothing to bad for me, found it pretty much par for the course. Alot of knobs, and a lot of decent folk helping each other have a brilliant time. (Certain areas seem to attract more of one than the other mind!).

Main dickish thing was people pushing past to get two or three people in front on the tracks and causing more hold ups as they just walked straight into people coming the other way. Just a little regard for others during the mud would have been nicer to see. (Especially with trapped boots in the mud, happened a few times to me and I am big lump so I can only imagine if you are a smaller person and get stuck with alot of people pushing from behind how scary it would have been!)

4 hours ago, Curlygirl said:

I only saw one guy weeing in the hedge in Paines... Right next to the empty compost loos!!

Only nos use I witnessesed was 4 lads walking around the pyramid audience selling balloons. This pissed me off no end as there were kids in the crowd.

My major arsehole was the one who came into my tent at 0330 on Friday morning and vigorously rubbed my vaginal area. He was very forceful and persistent and calm. Frightening. I restrained him and he eventually left. Managed to wrip his park wristband off and give it to the police. They haven't caught him. Apparently the park give these out to volunteers in campsites but don't record who to. So if any of you know a 30ish 6ft tall white bloke with straggly shoulder length brown hair, clean shaven, slim build... Who needed a new blue plastic wristband with 'the park' written In red with a cow either side, let me know. He's wanted! And the wristband is with police for dna. 

Fucking hell. That's awful. Hope you're alright and that they catch the w*nker.

54 minutes ago, Curlygirl said:

Guys and gals you have made me feel so much better  Thanx. 

Really a shit thing to happen, what a horrible ordeal for you. What gives him the right. I used to attend a lot of free parties in Sheffield and Nottingham area in the late 80's and early 90's if caught there he would of been put on a dog lead and led round the site for all to see and do what they want with.......total scumbag..... Really sorry for you to experience that. Don't let it put you off for every dick like that in the world there is 10 good people. Jamie x

47 minutes ago, bigfurbdogg said:

Curlygirl- really sorry to hear about what happened to you, truly awful. Hope you'll be ok in time and they catch the scumbag!

Thanx bigfurbdogg, I'm ok just a little shook up and not as trusting in the lovely people of the festival. You lot have helped massively!! No physical scars, just mental. I hate the fact that this man will probably get away with it and if I wasn't so with it, or it was someone else, it could've been so much worse. Hope your downer is getting better. I say just have a good old cry ;) it'll make you feel better x

4 minutes ago, Tranquility of Solitude said:

@Curlygirl Just can't believe what I'm reading here. I'd like to reiterate what everyone else is saying. Big love to you, you're in my thoughts. 

ToS xxx

Thanx ToS, you're a beautiful man! It was wonderful to meet you and Miss ToS x 

and thanx Jamie G! Sorry I missed you're post, I'm a bit overwhelmed at the support I'm receiving. 

Edited by Curlygirl