Knobs

elias

Have just read this whole thread and, despite not being there this year, had a few observations:

Firstly, @Curlygirl I am so sorry to hear that happened to you. Really chilled me to the bone as I - naively probably - don't expect that kind of thing at Glastonbury. Well done you for reporting it. I experienced a similar thing myself a few years back, not at a festival, and it was a horrible experience :( I hope that he gets his comeuppance and that you keep on going to the festival - at the end of the day, these things can happen anywhere but are, thankfully, rare. That's the only way I can look at it, otherwise I'd never want to leave the house!

On the subject of Blue Dot, my boyfriend and I turned around during Underworld to see three little girls all up on blokes' shoulders, having a whale of a time. It was a lovely heartwarming moment :) Seeing kids at festivals usually brings a smile to my face. That's annoying about Camplight advertising as family-friendly, though, as the fact it's in Pennards put me off and I don't even have kids - it's just too bloody noisy there for me at night.

Reassuring to generally hear that knobs were reduced, although the stories from @Curlygirl and also the ones about human shit are always disturbing!

Oh yeah and just to add - I'd say 5-10% on ANY illegal substance has to be conservative, surely? I avoid the SE corners and Silver Hayes late at night for the most part and I still see loads of people who have obviously indulged. And the weed stat has to be higher. 

Edited by Zoo Music Girl

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Zoo Music Girl Thankyou for your post. Believe it or not the worst thing about it was that it happened at Glastonbury. My safe place. It will certainly not put me off going as there was only 2 reported sexual assaults so I very much doubt it'll happen again. That and albeit what happened, it was still my most favourite Glastonbury yet. I'm sorry you have also gone through this. It's piss taking to think any bloke can think he can do what they do to a woman.  He has gotten away with it this time but I'm sure the day will come that if he does it again, he will be caught!!! DNA is a wonderful thing. x 

12 hours ago, Curlygirl said:

@Zoo Music Girl Thankyou for your post. Believe it or not the worst thing about it was that it happened at Glastonbury. My safe place. It will certainly not put me off going as there was only 2 reported sexual assaults so I very much doubt it'll happen again. That and albeit what happened, it was still my most favourite Glastonbury yet. I'm sorry you have also gone through this. It's piss taking to think any bloke can think he can do what they do to a woman.  He has gotten away with it this time but I'm sure the day will come that if he does it again, he will be caught!!! DNA is a wonderful thing. x 

Yes I can completely understand that - it feels like my safe space too. Whenever I hear of tent robberies or anything it always jars with me even, but this is on another level.

It's pretty depressing to see the amount of women in this thread who have cited similar things happening to them :(

Glad you had an awesome time regardless and I hope I'll be back to join you all again next year :)

Agree with original poster as well.  Not once did I have to move because of chatters or undesirables.  I thought it was maybe because I saw fewer acts on the Pyramid this year, but the overall impression seems very positive.

@Curlygirl - a seriously awful thing to have happened, but I hope it isn't too wrong of me to have smiled a bit that it was the third thing in your post after weeing  in hedges and nos!

Trying to decide if that's because the weeing and nos was more annoying, or because it just isn't very British to launch straight into your post with a sexual assault!

Anyway - I hope the get the bastard and you're moving on OK!

On 5 August 2016 at 6:48 PM, amfy said:

@Curlygirl - a seriously awful thing to have happened, but I hope it isn't too wrong of me to have smiled a bit that it was the third thing in your post after weeing  in hedges and nos!

Trying to decide if that's because the weeing and nos was more annoying, or because it just isn't very British to launch straight into your post with a sexual assault!

Anyway - I hope the get the bastard and you're moving on OK!

Made me smile too now that it's been pointed out ;) I guess I was referring to other people's posts prior to launching into mine haha. I'm moving on Thankyou.