Knobs

elias

39 minutes ago, Curlygirl said:

Thanx Yog, I'm ok mate... I'll just be more wary and less trusting from now on. Which is a shame. I like not having to judge people in Glastonbury like I need to in real life situations. I don't think he's getting caught now, unless he's already on the register and the band has dna on it. Hope you and Mrs Yog are well x

We're doing fine at the moments, thanks Curlygirl. It's such a shame that you'll now be more wary and less trusting at a festival. However, nobody can blame you for reacting that way.

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, Dave_c said:

Yeah a guy turned up beside us at coldplay with a baby of about 4 months in one of those front carrier things. That's a bit too young and fragile for the chaos of getting out of the pyramid field when coldplay finished.

Definitely- a little baby that young wouldn't have much chance if a parent fell.  Also forgot about the people who brought a baby in to the tomato fight and then scowled at me when I (politely) advised them to be mindful and watch the babys head.  

On 29/06/2016 at 2:23 PM, Tommy101 said:

I posted this in the 'F*cked people' thread but there were a few suggestions that we was a 'knobhead' ( @stuartbert two hats, 2016) as opposed to just wasted:

Whilst chilling by our tents on Weds at about 5pm one of our group got a call from her husband along the lines of 'I've just seen someone come out of our tent, I'm going to get security and bring them back to the tent. Get rid of anything that security shouldn't see'.

A few minutes later the husband, security and the trespasser were back at the tent and to cut a long story the kid had been caught 'brown-handed' after going into their tent and taken a really horrible shit then using a thermorest and some yeo valley bags to wipe with. He must have had a bad belly as well as being fucked; it was such a state. Such a horrible way to start the festival. 

I've never heard of such a thing before but the security asked the couple who's tent it was if they were happy for the chap to carry on with his festival and they said yes, as it wasn't like he stole anything, he just made a mistake whilst of his nut. I think the couple assume that Glastonbury is as important to everyone as it is to them so would have felt guilty to take it away from him.

Interestingly the next day I cold hear his friends explain to him what he'd done as he had no recollection at all. His first response was how grateful he was to them that he was still in the festival. It didn't stop the group from being the most repulsive neighbors I've ever had at any festival though. Not enough to ruin the experience, but waking up to hear two lads trying to shit in the same bucket in the same time whilst in their tents for 'banter points' isn't much of a hangover cure. To the best of my knowledge he never apologised for it either.

That on the first day of an almost week long festival was quite horrific.

Other than that one instance I think I met far fewer knobs than usual. I think there is something to be said for challenging conditions - I think it can make people more aware and go out their way to help people more.

:D

6 hours ago, AiiShotTheDJ said:

Definitely- a little baby that young wouldn't have much chance if a parent fell.  Also forgot about the people who brought a baby in to the tomato fight and then scowled at me when I (politely) advised them to be mindful and watch the babys head.  

Tough choice really.

I'd guess you'd have to let the parents make that call really.

Just now, EasyUserName said:

Tough choice really.

I'd guess you'd have to let the parents make that call really.

Definitely and I didn't take that away (i.e by saying you shouldn't be here).  It was clearly their first time in there so politely just said (because of where they were standing and the way baby was facing) watch his head type thing.  As it happened, they left as soon as it started.

15 hours ago, RickW said:

My only incident of nobbyness was a guy stuck in the mud by the cider bus.......ok well not really but very disturbing to hear your story, there was an attitude that I'd not detected before an increased selfishness from people not in the spirit of the event, maybe it's generally spreading across the country I don't know,me helped several people who had fallen...I thought that's what you do?

Me and a mate were walking along when a guy walked across us with a beer in one hand and food in the other, got stuck in the mud but his momentum continued. We managed to grab him, saving his dinner and his drink and stop him falling, but in the commotion my mate got knocked over (he was pretty drunk , the guy we helped was hammered). So I got the double of the warm feeling you get when helping out another human being and getting to laugh at my mate going arse over tit in the mud. Winner!

12 minutes ago, AiiShotTheDJ said:

Definitely and I didn't take that away (i.e by saying you shouldn't be here).  It was clearly their first time in there so politely just said (because of where they were standing and the way baby was facing) watch his head type thing.  As it happened, they left as soon as it started.

No problems. 

I'm guilty of thinking "this will work" - & it doesn't - so we bail.  But, it's a fine line, and some people are very quick to jump in and judge (even there).

On the subject of kids, I don't blame anyone for taking them, and I certainly don't have an issue with them being there, but if I had kids I wouldn't take them. Especially when the mud was as bad as it was this year. It's hard enough getting yourself around when it's bad, saw a few people struggling badly with buggies and trollies. It did not look like fun.

ftying to think but nothing really comes to mind unless i think about the bloke and his mate that pushed passed us going UP the hill/slope to the train track that pushed passed me and my wife and others ...all it would have taken is for one person to go down and it would have been carnage ....but that was after NEW ORDER on way to ARADIA so maybe he was just in a hurry .

i usualy find on the wet ones most people are well behaved......i did love watching the parents with there kids and people helping out ...grand

43 minutes ago, verrymerry said:

@Curlygirl oh my god, I just read back a few pages and heard what happened, I'm so sorry :(  Wish I'd not made a joke about doorknobs now!  I hope you're alright, and like others have said if you need to talk to someone you definitely should, it helps x

Ah sweetheart don't be sorry!! These things happen and we can't censor our lives incase of offence!! I'm fine! Just waiting for news from the police to say they're not going any further with it then I can move on. 

For people who complain about noise in the campsite, but some fucking ear plugs. If people are just chatting it's hardly antisocial. Christ your not at Sunday school, it's a festival.

generally s great friendly crowd this year. The total hysteria about the referendum result during the early hours of Friday was just annoying. Brain washed sheep acting like aliens had landed. 

1 hour ago, Curlygirl said:

Ah sweetheart don't be sorry!! These things happen and we can't censor our lives incase of offence!! I'm fine! Just waiting for news from the police to say they're not going any further with it then I can move on. 

Wishing you all the best with moving on Curlygirl. If we, on here, can be any help in the process then just let us know.

9 hours ago, chestwig said:

For people who complain about noise in the campsite, but some fucking ear plugs. If people are just chatting it's hardly antisocial. Christ your not at Sunday school, it's a festival.

generally s great friendly crowd this year. The total hysteria about the referendum result during the early hours of Friday was just annoying. Brain washed sheep acting like aliens had landed. 

Yeah it was annoying, some campers woke me up shouting about it and doing game of thrones impressions, was quite funny but couldn't get back to sleep after, I only went to bed a few hours before so it was a real drag.  
Charm x

Friday. 1st cider of the day. Just starting to walk from the railway line down the short but extremely muddy hill towards the other stage. 

Get about 3 steps down and just as I think "this is a bad idea I should turn back" I do a cartoon banana skin slip into the mud. 

Feels bad man.

Thanks to the guy who picked my cup up although sadly empty.

Thanks to the girl who offered me some of her cider.

Thanks to everyone who saw not pointing, laughing and making that durrrrr sound kids made at school when someone dropped their plate.

Feels good man.

9 hours ago, Charm said:

Yeah it was annoying, some campers woke me up shouting about it and doing game of thrones impressions, was quite funny but couldn't get back to sleep after, I only went to bed a few hours before so it was a real drag.  
Charm x

Was walking back to my tent when a totally spooked guy told me. I had to ask if he was alright as he looked in the clutch of a bad acid trip, turns out he was just shocked at the result. Have to admit it surprised me, but people acting all hysterical about it including various artist over the weekend real just killed the atmosphere at times. It's not what the county needs.

I love Glastonbury and will be back, but this years broke me a little. To much constant mud and many friends just being a drag.

I don't know how anyone manages sleep without earplugs at a festival, I definitely can't.  This guy was definitely not a knob, but he made me laugh, he was camped near the toilets at JP and every time I went to the loo in the night I heard him snoring, it made me laugh every time.  It was soooo loud!

On 02/07/2016 at 9:06 PM, Hugh Jass said:

On the subject of kids, I don't blame anyone for taking them, and I certainly don't have an issue with them being there, but if I had kids I wouldn't take them. Especially when the mud was as bad as it was this year. It's hard enough getting yourself around when it's bad, saw a few people struggling badly with buggies and trollies. It did not look like fun.

you don't know its going to be like that til you get there though :( I really struggled this year but I took my daughter in 2014 when she was 1 and it was great...

someone actually turned round at us on friday and said " I don't agree with that" stupid cow was about 17

On 02/07/2016 at 9:06 PM, Hugh Jass said:

Some of the mud was seriously difficult with our bike trolley this year. Ironically the worst area of all was in Wicket Ground family camping. The top of the field near the entrance closest to John Peel was basically a swamp and almost impassable.

However, as long as you reset your expectations accordingly you're ok. On Saturday we decided there was no longer any point in tying to get to anywhere on the south side of the site. The furthest south we went was the circus field, but that still meant we could choose from the Circus Field, Theatre and Cabaret, West Holts, Kidzfield, Acoustic, Pyramid, and John Peel. Plenty to keep us and our kids happy.

Spoke to loads of people over the course of the festival, and as usual 99% of them were lovely people, high fiving the kids etc. Only encountered two knobs, and both were pretty minor in the grand scheme of things. One was when we unexpectedly got caught in a crowd around the pyramid stage before Muse (we were heading to West Holts for Underworld). He clocked us in the scrum and shouted very loudly "WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU BRING A BUGGY TO A FESTIVAL". Whatever mate.

The second knob was a lady who fell over the front wheel of the bike trolley while we were parked near the toilets in The Wood. She got up and starting having a go at us but the strangers all around us saw what happened and made it clear that it was entirely her fault for walking around backwards in the dark. We deliberately have the trolley lit up like a Christmas tree at night for the safety of our kids and everyone else, but we can't do much against people who don't look where they're going.

I do find it incredible people who complain about noise at a music festival at the campsites, and complaints of rowdiness of the people going. 

I didnt go in "good old days" but from what i've read on these forums and videos I've watched, there was far more wild abandon in the festival than there is in present days festivals, , which surely would have made for more noise and rowdy people?! Maybe Glastonbury hasn't "lost its edge" after all. 

A complaint I do understand is being shoved in the back as people are trying to get past you in a crowd. No need for it at all. 

On 02/07/2016 at 2:20 AM, MrZigster said:

And, straight after this, I spent some time lingering near gate C. The amount of people that leave straight after the headliner on the Sunday. I really thought that was knobby. I mean, I know some people have work in the morning and coaches to catch but I got a tweet about two hours later saying that x amount of people had already left and couldn't believe the number. There's still so much more festival left people. 

I'm always amazed by this too, I make sure I milk every single second of Glastonbury - only happens once a year and there is absolutely no guarantee you'll be there next year! It does take a lot of effort on that Sunday night though - but a box of wine normally helps!

Edited by Tyonks
Terrible grammar all over the place

On 7/1/2016 at 4:31 PM, FieldOfAvalon said:

There's plenty of space for kids, in the designated areas.

Dragging them in trolleys through muddy pathways, full of drunk and drugged up revellers staggering along while techno blasts out of a fire breathing spider just next door, isn't part of that. And I saw that all weekend.

So how do you get to the designated areas then?

Ive been following this to see if imwas mentioned fs.

brought a few newbies who kept going bak

And sitting at the tent in baileys. Not necessarily doing anything wrong but obviously glastonbury is different for me, the campsite is the quiet place at 5-6 am but not this year as my mates were up most nights talkin bollocks and more than likely keeping a few ppl up.

needless to say i ditched them most night And talked bollox elsewhere.

so apologies to anyone that was affected