Knobs

elias

Dunno. I though it was worse this year. Not helped by the mud which made it difficult to get around and of course generally less space to walk around.

Few things that wound me up.

- Knobheads with fags in their hands when its REALLY busy, then not looking what they;'re doing and burning people.

- People who are generally oblivious to the fact that there are a 100 people around them. Yes we're all there to have a good time but dont jump and pile around like its you and your mates personal , private 10mx10m space shoving everyone else out of the way or hitting them in the face with your raised elbows.

- I was pulling a 3yr old in a cart for Thurs/Fri. I cant jump out of the way when you come barrelling towards me, looking the other way talking to your mate.If you get my shoulder in your face which prevents you falling onto my kid then tough luck

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only thing to report was during Unknown Mortal Orchestra a couple of young blokes were struggling to carry a girl who had passed out (she was smashed) out of the crowd. After a while she insisted she could walk so I put her legs down and they walked off. I thought they might have said 'thanks' - but clearly that was too much bother for them.

2 hours ago, paulfoel said:

Few things that wound me up.

- I was pulling a 3yr old in a cart for Thurs/Fri. I cant jump out of the way when you come barrelling towards me, looking the other way talking to your mate.If you get my shoulder in your face which prevents you falling onto my kid then tough luck

And small children being pulled in carts wind me up. It's chaotic enough without worrying about endangering a defenceless small person.

I realise this is going to annoy some people but in my opinion Glastonbury is no place for small children, unless they're in the Kids Field.

Edited by FieldOfAvalon

8 minutes ago, FieldOfAvalon said:

And small children being pulled in carts wind me up. It's chaotic enough without worrying about endangering a defenceless small person.

I realise this is going to annoy some people but in my opinion Glastonbury is no place for small children, unless they're in the Kids Field.

Well luckily the Eavii disagree. I don't like so many kids being off their heads on ket but we all have to put up with stuff we dont like.

9 minutes ago, FieldOfAvalon said:

And small children being pulled in carts wind me up. Glastonbury is no place for small children, unless they're in the Kids Field. Sorry.

I haven't taken young children myself but I think it's a place for party people of all ages, love to see little kids enjoying the festival, it's one of the many things that makes it so special. 
Charm x

12 minutes ago, FieldOfAvalon said:

Glastonbury is for everyone. Except, perhaps, people who don't realise that.

There's plenty of space for kids, in the designated areas.

Dragging them in trolleys through muddy pathways, full of drunk and drugged up revellers staggering along while techno blasts out of a fire breathing spider just next door, isn't part of that. And I saw that all weekend.

@Curlygirl in real life when I'm not 'lock-uping' I work with survivors of assault - please PM me if you need anything, anything at all. 

In terms of knobs, I didn't see much this year! Everyone was being lovely and helpful in the mud. I got stuck a few times and a group of lads helpfully surrounded me in Shangri-La so I wasn't knocked over whilst I pulled my boots out.  

Edit: should probably write knobbish behaviour rather than knobs, but whatevs.

Edited by rottencrotch

4 hours ago, FieldOfAvalon said:

I have the upmost respect and admiration for anyone taking kids to Glastonbury.  I didn't see one unhappy or miserable or naughty  child all weekend, they all seemed to be having a great time.  And the parents were really engaging with them too, constantly talking to them and keeping their spirits up in difficult conditions.   In real life I constantly see parents dragging kids around, shouting at them, ignoring them while they read their phones etc.  I saw NONE of this at Glastonbury.  So to anyone who did take their kids I think you are awesome! xx ps I am a mum too

Dragging them in trolleys through muddy pathways, full of drunk and drugged up revellers staggering along while techno blasts out of a fire breathing spider just next door, isn't part of that. And I saw that all weekend.

This year at Arcadia, when Daniel Avery was on, I saw a father who had two young nippers in a cart he was pushing, at the side of Arcadia and they young ones were up dancing absolutely loving it, I thought it was magnificent to see, a real Glasto moment 

4 hours ago, Tranquility of Solitude said:

Glastonbury is for everyone. Except, perhaps, people who don't realise that.

Definitely, I love seeing kids there having the time of their lives.  However, in saying that, I did see a very young baby and it frightened me slightly.  I work with children 0-18 for a job so would say I'm pretty good at guessing ages- on the Saturday we saw a baby in a sling on a Mum and I would estimate the baby was no more than a week old.  Absolutely tiny- to the point where Mum had the pregnancy stomach still.  Seeing a baby that small being traipsed through the mud did bring my stomach up to my throat for a moment.

After reading curlygirl's horrific experience I find myself feeling horribly guilty as I left my missus at the tent to go and see an act at night. I will have double thoughts about doing that again in future. I'm sorry to hear about your ordeal :( unfucking believable how some people act. Disgusting!

It's a good experience for them - would it better to wait until they are16 / 18 and then let them in - how would they behave then?  I believe this thread has some feedback about peole who clearly never attended a festival as a child.

1 hour ago, 6t6o6m said:

After reading curlygirl's horrific experience I find myself feeling horribly guilty as I left my missus at the tent to go and see an act at night. I will have double thoughts about doing that again in future. I'm sorry to hear about your ordeal :( unfucking believable how some people act. Disgusting!

Don't feel guilty. Of everyone there, I only know of 2 cases and both were before Saturday morning and probably the same guy. I've been 6 times and never had a problem and the chances are I will never again. Your missus was 99.9999% safe. Sorry I made you feel that way. 

4 hours ago, AiiShotTheDJ said:

Definitely, I love seeing kids there having the time of their lives.  However, in saying that, I did see a very young baby and it frightened me slightly.  I work with children 0-18 for a job so would say I'm pretty good at guessing ages- on the Saturday we saw a baby in a sling on a Mum and I would estimate the baby was no more than a week old.  Absolutely tiny- to the point where Mum had the pregnancy stomach still.  Seeing a baby that small being traipsed through the mud did bring my stomach up to my throat for a moment.

Yeah a guy turned up beside us at coldplay with a baby of about 4 months in one of those front carrier things. That's a bit too young and fragile for the chaos of getting out of the pyramid field when coldplay finished.

On 30/06/2016 at 0:47 PM, Curlygirl said:

I only saw one guy weeing in the hedge in Paines... Right next to the empty compost loos!!

Only nos use I witnessesed was 4 lads walking around the pyramid audience selling balloons. This pissed me off no end as there were kids in the crowd.

My major arsehole was the one who came into my tent at 0330 on Friday morning and vigorously rubbed my vaginal area. He was very forceful and persistent and calm. Frightening. I restrained him and he eventually left. Managed to rip his park wristband off and give it to the police. They haven't caught him. Apparently the park give these out to volunteers in campsites but don't record who to. So if any of you know a 30ish 6ft tall white bloke with straggly shoulder length brown hair, clean shaven, slim build... Who needed a new blue plastic wristband with 'the park' written In red with a cow either side, let me know. He's wanted! And the wristband is with police for dna. 

Very sorry to hear of your horrible experience Curlygirl. I'm almost lost for words. I haven't read the whole thread so am unsure as to how you are about it. I hope you'll not let the experience stunt your enjoyment of life, festivals, etc I also hope the bloke gets caught.

Nothing to compare to @Curlygirl and this is a bit daft in comparison but let's get this off my chest.

Three instances of knobs spring to mind:

Some bloke with some obvious kind of crowd angst, generally cursing those around him, swirling a water bottle above his head and soaking people. People stayed out of his way and let him get on with it. Felt sorry for his female companion.

A very young lady at Foals with MU SE painted across her cheeks. Between songs I asked if she knew what the singer had written on his shirt. She looked me up and down, looked at her similarly attired male and female companion, back at me and then barked "WOT?" in a most disdainful/disgusted manner. The first piece of direct rudeness I'd encountered and it really threw me out. Knobby or just snobby? A knobette?

A mother in the Cabaret field bar. Sunday I think. Really going off on one at her kids in the sternest manner thinkable and then yanking them a bit too much for my liking. Now I obviously don't know the full situation but it touches a raw nerve with me that kind of thing. That's not the way to talk to children anyway but don't take it out on your kids 'cause you're finding it tough going. Got a really bad vibe from that.

Added to that, shame on the hundreds of people who passed me after I'd fallen to my knees and got properly stuck by the cider bus just after Coldplay (managed to save most of my Hot and Spicy). The only time I've ever had to shout for help there. Thank you to the lady that let me use her as a climbing frame. Admittedly before shouting for help the air was full of loud blueness and blasphemy which may have put some people off coming to my aid. I did wonder if anyone would mention the drunken shouty stuck knob by the cider bus on Sunday.

And, straight after this, I spent some time lingering near gate C. The amount of people that leave straight after the headliner on the Sunday. I really thought that was knobby. I mean, I know some people have work in the morning and coaches to catch but I got a tweet about two hours later saying that x amount of people had already left and couldn't believe the number. There's still so much more festival left people. 

49 minutes ago, MrZigster said:

Nothing to compare to @Curlygirl and this is a bit daft in comparison but let's get this off my chest.

Three instances of knobs spring to mind:

Some bloke with some obvious kind of crowd angst, generally cursing those around him, swirling a water bottle above his head and soaking people. People stayed out of his way and let him get on with it. Felt sorry for his female companion.

A very young lady at Foals with MU SE painted across her cheeks. Between songs I asked if she knew what the singer had written on his shirt. She looked me up and down, looked at her similarly attired male and female companion, back at me and then barked "WOT?" in a most disdainful/disgusted manner. The first piece of direct rudeness I'd encountered and it really threw me out. Knobby or just snobby? A knobette?

A mother in the Cabaret field bar. Sunday I think. Really going off on one at her kids in the sternest manner thinkable and then yanking them a bit too much for my liking. Now I obviously don't know the full situation but it touches a raw nerve with me that kind of thing. That's not the way to talk to children anyway but don't take it out on your kids 'cause you're finding it tough going. Got a really bad vibe from that.

Added to that, shame on the hundreds of people who passed me after I'd fallen to my knees and got properly stuck by the cider bus just after Coldplay (managed to save most of my Hot and Spicy). The only time I've ever had to shout for help there. Thank you to the lady that let me use her as a climbing frame. Admittedly before shouting for help the air was full of loud blueness and blasphemy which may have put some people off coming to my aid. I did wonder if anyone would mention the drunken shouty stuck knob by the cider bus on Sunday.

And, straight after this, I spent some time lingering near gate C. The amount of people that leave straight after the headliner on the Sunday. I really thought that was knobby. I mean, I know some people have work in the morning and coaches to catch but I got a tweet about two hours later saying that x amount of people had already left and couldn't believe the number. There's still so much more festival left people. 

I didn't go this year but in all previous years I have never done the naughty option on the Sunday night. The main reason for this is because I normally drive there and leave early Monday. I think that I need to stop this lunacy and go for it on Sunday too and just get up on Monday evening and then head off. Maybe Tuesday morning even. Anybody stayed in one of the main campsites until Tuesday? Is it possible?

2 hours ago, MrZigster said:

My only incident of nobbyness was a guy stuck in the mud by the cider bus.......ok well not really but very disturbing to hear your story, there was an attitude that I'd not detected before an increased selfishness from people not in the spirit of the event, maybe it's generally spreading across the country I don't know,me helped several people who had fallen...I thought that's what you do?

8 hours ago, Curlygirl said:

Don't feel guilty. Of everyone there, I only know of 2 cases and both were before Saturday morning and probably the same guy. I've been 6 times and never had a problem and the chances are I will never again. Your missus was 99.9999% safe. Sorry I made you feel that way. 

You have no need to be sorry. You should be proud that you've spoken up and I hope they catch this person before he harms someone else.

7 hours ago, MrZigster said:

Added to that, shame on the hundreds of people who passed me after I'd fallen to my knees and got properly stuck by the cider bus just after Coldplay (managed to save most of my Hot and Spicy). The only time I've ever had to shout for help there. Thank you to the lady that let me use her as a climbing frame. Admittedly before shouting for help the air was full of loud blueness and blasphemy which may have put some people off coming to my aid. I did wonder if anyone would mention the drunken shouty stuck knob by the cider bus on Sunday

This winds me up!! Back in the day everyone helped everyone. I had to walk through a crowd for 20metres to help a man that was truly stuck as people walked past him! Unbelievable.

congrats on saving the Hot and Spicy though ;)

8 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Very sorry to hear of your horrible experience Curlygirl. I'm almost lost for words. I haven't read the whole thread so am unsure as to how you are about it. I hope you'll not let the experience stunt your enjoyment of life, festivals, etc I also hope the bloke gets caught.

Thanx Yog, I'm ok mate... I'll just be more wary and less trusting from now on. Which is a shame. I like not having to judge people in Glastonbury like I need to in real life situations. I don't think he's getting caught now, unless he's already on the register and the band has dna on it. Hope you and Mrs Yog are well x