Headliner predictions 2017

swede

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21 minutes ago, DownboundTrain52 said:

I remember when, for one glorious day, we were touting the idea of ATCQ-Iggy-XX-Radiohead.

But alas, it was not to be.

Unpopular opinion here; I'd rather have Kaiser Chiefs under Foo Fighters than Royal Blood if it came down to a toss-up. Seen the latter twice - including a Foos support slot - and both times they were as enjoyable as shaving your face with a cheese grater. A blunt cheese grater at that. Conversely, even with all the hate, plenty of drunk people will enjoy the Kaisers as a warm up before Foos at eight in the evening. They've got enough "hits" for it.

No thanks I'd rather be kicked in the balls than watch this c**t again and I have no desire to be kicked in the balls unless its by Scarlett Johansson. Until then- no deal.

IMG_0749.PNG

49 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

The Kaiser Chiefs remind me a bit of the Stone Roses but not in a good way. They've got a few hits from years ago that they somehow keep managing to pedal, and that they somehow manage to keep current. They were on Saturday night takeaway the other night and played one of their generic hits (I predict a riot possibly...?) that song is over 11 years old, how do they manage it?

Through the magic of pop culture and housewives Nobby, through the magic of pop culture and housewives.

There will always be an audience for whatever at Glastonbury, such is the size and scale. I saw six dozen people wearing Maiden shirts last year, and all of them pointedly weren't at Bring Me the Horizon (they were waiting for Foals post ZZ Top or having a pie mostly).

Just now, DownboundTrain52 said:

I saw six dozen people wearing Maiden shirts last year, and all of them pointedly weren't at Bring Me the Horizon (they were waiting for Foals post ZZ Top or having a pie mostly).

Although they could've easily have just bought them at Topshop/Primark/another retail store because they liked the design and have no idea about the music, as is so often the case with popular band merch these days (although let's assume these were all older people and not teenage girls with daisy chains in their hair).

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

Although they could've easily have just bought them at Topshop/Primark/another retail store because they liked the design and have no idea about the music, as is so often the case with popular band merch these days (although let's assume these were all older people and not teenage girls with daisy chains in their hair).

Don't start me.  I nearly put my head through a wall on Saturday when I saw Metallica t-shirts in the window of H&M.

Although Mrs Q informs me that Topshop are the worst offenders.  They sell the "distressed" vintage tour shirts. C*nts.

49 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

currently trending on twitter is this....

#sheeranalbumparty

Read it carefully. :lol:

You'd think after it happened to SuBo this wouldn't happen again by accident? 

The skeptic in me thinks that this is yet another string to the media frenzy hyped up for an artist who we keep on getting reminded has no media training. I think that very little of Ed's media presence is unplanned or accidental (perhaps the bit about being shanked by whatsherroyalface)

1 minute ago, Quark said:

Don't start me.  I nearly put my head through a wall on Saturday when I saw Metallica t-shirts in the window of H&M.

Although Mrs Q informs me that Topshop are the worst offenders.  They sell the "distressed" vintage tour shirts. C*nts.

I saw a sweet Metallica Damage. Inc t-shirt design in H&M and for a second considered buying it until I realised that 1. people would probably assume the same as I assume when I see people wearing this stuff and 2. similar to what you have mentioned, it had a 'worn and torn' design to it with already visible rips and tatters, so fuck that.

Just now, FloorFiller said:

I saw a sweet Metallica Damage. Inc t-shirt design in H&M and for a second considered buying it until I realised that 1. people would probably assume the same as I assume when I see people wearing this stuff and 2. similar to what you have mentioned, it had a 'worn and torn' design to it with already visible rips and tatters, so fuck that.

You're a better person for making that decision.

Most of your average H&M clientele would be confused and scared by Damage Inc anyway.  I think that listening to the band / song should be a pre-requisite before being allowed to buy the shirts.

19 minutes ago, Quark said:

You're a better person for making that decision.

Most of your average H&M clientele would be confused and scared by Damage Inc anyway.  I think that listening to the band / song should be a pre-requisite before being allowed to buy the shirts.

It is fun to ask people wearing Metallica/maiden/etc shirts what their favourite album is.

You often get a Partridge "Best of the Beatles" type answer.

5 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

It is fun to ask people wearing Metallica/maiden/etc shirts what their favourite album is.

You often get a Partridge "Best of the Beatles" type answer.

As if anyone needed another reason to detest Tim Lovejoy...

43 minutes ago, Tommy101 said:

The skeptic in me thinks that this is yet another string to the media frenzy hyped up for an artist who we keep on getting reminded has no media training. I think that very little of Ed's media presence is unplanned or accidental (perhaps the bit about being shanked by whatsherroyalface)

Yeah there seems to be a new story about him released every second day or so, not sure it's the best way to promote him as its just inviting a backlash. His album would've sold well regardless. 

1 hour ago, Tommy101 said:

Ditto, it's got planned 'mistake' written all over it. Simple way to get some more Ed traffic trending on twitter.

I have a Motley Crue t shirt that I bought for about 3 quid in asda. Obviously I'm no fan of the band, because they're shite, but anybody who knows me and my amazing taste in music would know this and recognises that I'm wearing the garment if not nonchalantly then at least semi ironically. 

Either way, I'm a winning hipster.