Headliner predictions 2017

swede

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

30 minutes ago, WS_Jack_III said:

When I was in America this was considered a big no-no. 

I don't understand why.

It's dreadfully pedestrian, Jack. Just not the done thing.

A female friend of mine reports an annoyingly high occurrence of "stinky, hairy, middle aged, basement dwelling, sexist virgins" deciding to try to catch her out with trivia questions whenever she wears her Sonic Youth t-shirt.

3 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

It's dreadfully pedestrian, Jack. Just not the done thing.

A female friend of mine reports an annoyingly high occurrence of "stinky, hairy, middle aged, basement dwelling, sexist virgins" deciding to try to catch her out with trivia questions whenever she wears her Sonic Youth t-shirt.

I was wearing a sonic youth t-shirt at latitude several years ago and some chap approached me and asked me what my favourite album was of theirs. I wasn't sure if he was testing me or flirting with me, so I replied 'Rocket to Russia' and moved swiftly on

37 minutes ago, Woffy said:

You didn't find out until you were at the gig, did you?

nah, I had one planned, it must have been a Jack White gig as that's the only one I can think of that I had a t-shirt for while I was out there.

I was talking about the show while I was at work and one of the girls said that I shouldn't wear any of his t-shirts to the gig.

Just now, russycarps said:

I was wearing a sonic youth t-shirt at latitude several years ago and some chap approached me and asked me what my favourite album was of theirs. I wasn't sure if he was testing me or flirting with me, so I replied 'Rocket to Russia' and moved swiftly on

Good call, he was most likely a marketing goon and his next question was going to be your favourite flavour of Lucozade. (I'm in mean mode towards Latitude atm, on account of their dogshit lineup).

3 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Hoy, efests, where do we stand on wearing the t-shirt of the support band? I wore a Twilight Sad t-shirt to The Cure's MEN gig last year where The Sad supported and by god I'd do it all over again.

Not cool. At least less cool than wearing an eFests t-shirt to an eFests meet. Or is it?

I'm so confused. 

1 hour ago, Will-2609 said:

I'm baffled that people still care about people wearing band t-shirts who aren't into said band.

Meh, something about taking as many slaps about the chops as I did as a youth for wearing certain band shirts means I get a bit possessive!

Compromise. More than happy for kids to wear Iron Maiden shirts they bought in Topshop. The deal is that they have to wear it out of the shop and walk 15 minutes to the station surrounded by aggressive bellends in Burberry baseball caps who then corner them and punch them in the face. 

If they can stick with that, they get to keep the shirt.

Thank God I went through therapy to let all of this go :lol:

2 minutes ago, WS_Jack_III said:

You must hate sports fans going to watch the team they support then. 

*Actually most of you probably do*

A. Yes, ludicrous. Little girls going to watch Disney on Ice dressed as Elsa get a free pass because they're small children, but grown adults going to watch the football dressed like they're a member of the team is a sorry sight.

B. They're really wearing the gear to be like "we are this team, and you are the other team", so they know which crowd they're in; only one crowd at a gig.

I didn't make the rules, nobody here made the rules, but those are the rules. We don't wear a bands' t-shirt to their own gig; you can't wear a tank top two days in a row, and you can only wear your hair in a pony tail once a week, we only wear jeans or track pants on Fridays, and on Thursdays we wear pink. If you break any of these rules, you can't sit with us at lunch.

2 minutes ago, Woffy said:

Not cool. At least less cool than wearing an eFests t-shirt to an eFests meet. Or is it?

I'm so confused. 

Nah, that's when you know you've made it. You're a member of the cognoscenti, no shame in wearing the uniform.

6 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

A. Yes, ludicrous. Little girls going to watch Disney on Ice dressed as Elsa get a free pass because they're small children, but grown adults going to watch the football dressed like they're a member of the team is a sorry sight.

B. They're really wearing the gear to be like "we are this team, and you are the other team", so they know which crowd they're in; only one crowd at a gig.

I didn't make the rules, nobody here made the rules, but those are the rules. We don't wear a bands' t-shirt to their own gig; you can't wear a tank top two days in a row, and you can only wear your hair in a pony tail once a week, we only wear jeans or track pants on Fridays, and on Thursdays we wear pink. If you break any of these rules, you can't sit with us at lunch.

Nah, that's when you know you've made it. You're a member of the cognoscenti, no shame in wearing the uniform.

:lol: is that Mean Girls?

57 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

I'll have you know I'm bald actually.

40 minutes ago, Woffy said:

I'm so confused. 

This etiquette lesson is helping me decide whether to wear my Pablo Honey t-shirt to the eFests meet or Radiohead.

Who am I kidding, I'd wear it twice if I didn't miss the meet, which I've been failing to attend since 2009.

Edited by stuartbert two hats