Headliner predictions 2017

swede

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay sorry if i'm really far behind on this

Just noticed that the Weeknd is playing in Germany on the saturday of Glastonbury - surely that means that he's the Sunday sub providing that the XX are on the friday

Radiohead / The XX
Foo Fighters / ????
Ed Sheeran / The Weeknd

I didn't actually realise that The Weeknd had european dates around Glastonbury... seems quite likely to me now

Just now, Tuna said:

Do we have info putting The XX on Friday? I think swapping The XX and The Weeknd there is a bit more Glastonbury. Nevertheless, regarding the other sub slot, if that's Gaga, bravo.

I guess that's not confirmed but the XX on the friday seems to make a lot of sense

I'm pretty set on the Weeknd being there now judging by his dates

11 minutes ago, sisco said:

Royal Blood, The XX, Lady Gaga, The Kaiser Chiefs (just because of the rumour), The Weekend, Jamiraqoui, Elbow, Biffy Clyro are all options surely? 

I don't think RB, Elbow or Biffy are tbh, right now it would be a bad move for Download to let Biffy play as you'll have a load of people knowing they can leave day tickets for a bit yet suddenly  other bother. I don't think Jamiroquai would quite get sub but more likely Other sub and 3rd down Sunday has been mentioned.

4 hours ago, Tuna said:

Do we have info putting The XX on Friday? I think swapping The XX and The Weeknd there is a bit more Glastonbury. Nevertheless, regarding the other sub slot, if that's Gaga, bravo.

They could both play either, The xx could play Saturday or they both could headline different stages. I think Matt is busy and wants the case shut on this asap. :P

Edited by dentalplan

6 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Just noticed that the Weeknd is playing in Germany on the saturday of Glastonbury - surely that means that he's the Sunday sub providing that the XX are on the friday

Radiohead / The XX
Foo Fighters / ????
Ed Sheeran / The Weeknd

I didn't actually realise that The Weeknd had european dates around Glastonbury... seems quite likely to me now

Radiohead / Elbow

Foos / ???

Sheeran / The Weeknd or The xx (the other one headlining Other (not necessarily on the Sunday))

For now I'm going with Gaga below Foos because of there being fuck all options and her hints. But it doesn't seem right at all. Then again no one who seems possible would feel right to me. Then again Tame Impala subbing Adele wouldn't have felt right to me at this point last year. Maybe HAIM have the biggest album of the decade coming out and they are actually subbing Muse at R&L and are also subbing Foos at Glasto. Maybe The Chainsmokers are subbing Glasto because @Shaun182 made it so.

15 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Radiohead / The XX
Foo Fighters / ????
Ed Sheeran / The Weeknd

The XX into Radiohead with Elbow nowhere in sight?

You have my vote.

I remember when, for one glorious day, we were touting the idea of ATCQ-Iggy-XX-Radiohead.

But alas, it was not to be.

Unpopular opinion here; I'd rather have Kaiser Chiefs under Foo Fighters than Royal Blood if it came down to a toss-up. Seen the latter twice - including a Foos support slot - and both times they were as enjoyable as shaving your face with a cheese grater. A blunt cheese grater at that. Conversely, even with all the hate, plenty of drunk people will enjoy the Kaisers as a warm up before Foos at eight in the evening. They've got enough "hits" for it.

The Kaiser Chiefs remind me a bit of the Stone Roses but not in a good way. They've got a few hits from years ago that they somehow keep managing to pedal, and that they somehow manage to keep current. They were on Saturday night takeaway the other night and played one of their generic hits (I predict a riot possibly...?) that song is over 11 years old, how do they manage it?

2 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

The Kaiser Chiefs remind me a bit of the Stone Roses but not in a good way. They've got a few hits from years ago that they somehow keep managing to pedal, and that they somehow manage to keep current. They were on Saturday night takeaway the other night and played one of their generic hits (I predict a riot possibly...?) that song is over 11 years old, how do they manage it?

Because people apparently never tire of going 'wwhhhoOOOAAAAAAAAAAA'