Headliner predictions 2017

swede

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You watch, this'll all be a long con. Ed will finally confirm he's playing Glastonbury, then he'll "suspiciously" pull out the week before, allowing Lady Gaga to step up from sub-headliner position and for her vacant slot to be filled by a surprise set courtesy of The Darkness, who absolutely terrify the Sheeranites with their yodeling, catsuits and dodgy collection of facial hair.

Now that would be a Glastonbury legend worth having, though for infamy or not is your personal prerogative .

Apologies if this has already been posted. Had a quick search on my phone but couldn't find anything.

I saw this tweeted earlier: http://www.radiox.co.uk/artists/ed-sheeran/news/ed-sheeran-responds-glastonbury-2017-rumours/

Makes it sound like it's not finalised?

i know it's still highly likely he will be playing but found his answer interesting. A lot more reserved than the one he did on Radio 1 a month or so ago?

9 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

Apologies if this has already been posted. Had a quick search on my phone but couldn't find anything.

I saw this tweeted earlier: http://www.radiox.co.uk/artists/ed-sheeran/news/ed-sheeran-responds-glastonbury-2017-rumours/

i know it's still highly likely he will be playing but found his answer interesting. A lot more reserved than the one he did on Radio 1 a month or so ago?

don't fall for it

The other festival he's probably doing is big weekend

14 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Yeah come on, unless they actually confirm they are doing it anything they say will be a denial, they can't just say no comment as that is basically confirming it, they have to say no I'm not doing it however they see fit to do so.

Let's it put it this way; don't trust any prospective solo headliner's word, ever.

12 hours ago, DareToDibble said:

"I don't know yet" regarding a headline slot at a festival three months away :lol:

The next wave of his tour is going to be announced this afternoon, that should give us the gaping 'Glastonbury shaped hole' required for the final nail in the coffin.

3 minutes ago, Zac Quinn said:

"I don't know yet" regarding a headline slot at a festival three months away :lol:

The next wave of his tour is going to be announced this afternoon, that should give us the gaping 'Glastonbury shaped hole' required for the final nail in the coffin.

If he doesn't know yet, that hole is going to be there regardless I guess, much like the Stone Roses have a Glasto gap but hasn't happened for whatever reason.

Edit: but yeah let's be honest, it's almost certain.

Edited by FrancisH

50 minutes ago, Zac Quinn said:

Little Mix, Kings of Leon, Stormzy. Little Mix claimed they were headlining, don't know if KOL did

Judging by their current superstar status, it wouldn't surprise me. Thank God they've died off in America, I don't think I could bear their fandom across multiple continents.

Little Mix being booked third down on the Sunday - in the slot Mr Sheeran played himself - would not surprise me. I know they, as a commercial force, are massive - but I couldn't see them getting a sub slot, weirdly, if booked.

36 minutes ago, Zac Quinn said:

The Sheeranator's NA tour starts in Kansas on June 29th. If you needed any more confirmation..

That's that then.

28 minutes ago, DownboundTrain52 said:

That's that then.

Looking at it again, he only has a 15 day gap between finishing up in South America and these new dates, so in theory it could just be some time off as his crew move continents. It's not as definitive as if, say, he had a UK tour with a break between Wednesday 21st and Tuesday 27th. But basically yeah, given that the only way it was going to not be him at this point was if his US tour clashed with Glastonbury, and those dates avoid that scenario, he may as well be announced now.

52 minutes ago, DownboundTrain52 said:

Judging by their current superstar status, it wouldn't surprise me. Thank God they've died off in America, I don't think I could bear their fandom across multiple continents.

Little Mix being booked third down on the Sunday - in the slot Mr Sheeran played himself - would not surprise me. I know they, as a commercial force, are massive - but I couldn't see them getting a sub slot, weirdly, if booked.

That's that then.

little mix have a date that day in London, sure there have dates over all 3 days at glastonbury so that rules them out

We've been this certain an act was headlining before and it's not happened.

Management may have been waiting to see how the new album and tour sales did to set the Glastonbury fee accordingly. 

And there's no reason he needs a week off in the tour schedule to do Glastonbury. He's only playing the one night. Yeah, we can go with the "but he likes the festival so he wants to see it" but that applies equally whether he ends up playing it or not...