Headliner predictions 2017

swede

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

42 minutes ago, Zac Quinn said:

Looking at it again, he only has a 15 day gap between finishing up in South America and these new dates, so in theory it could just be some time off as his crew move continents. It's not as definitive as if, say, he had a UK tour with a break between Wednesday 21st and Tuesday 27th. But basically yeah, given that the only way it was going to not be him at this point was if his US tour clashed with Glastonbury, and those dates avoid that scenario, he may as well be announced now.

get on with it.gif

7 minutes ago, Zac Quinn said:

Yeah I feel like this is quite a bit more nailed on than Coldplay 2015 tbh.

Yeah tbf that time it was just the source of eFests - they weren't really doing anything at that time and were working on that new album.

Ed's got his new album out, is dancing around the question in every interview, has already said something about wanting to know who was headlining Sunday at Glastonbury (unless that was a joke by someone), has said that the highlight of his career is coming up this summer - more so than three nights at Wembley... I could not fathom a way he doesn't headline now. My head would explode.

32 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Yeah tbf that time it was just the source of eFests - they weren't really doing anything at that time and were working on that new album.

Ed's got his new album out, is dancing around the question in every interview, has already said something about wanting to know who was headlining Sunday at Glastonbury (unless that was a joke by someone), has said that the highlight of his career is coming up this summer - more so than three nights at Wembley... I could not fathom a way he doesn't headline now. My head would explode.

Maybe he thinks the highlight of his career would be subbing Radiohead?

Sod brexit - Sod Trump, how the fuck has that drip Ed managed to get that big? In the 33 years I have been on this planet, this is the biggest most baffling question I have ever faced. I can't understand it in any way.

What gets me is the fact if you decide to say you don't like him, like some strange cult - his fans have a right go at you.

Fucking mental.

Edited by FuzzyDunlop

1 minute ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Sod brexit - Sod Trump, how the fuck has that drip managed to get that big? In the 33 years I have been on this planet, this is the biggest most baffling question I have ever faced. I can't understand it in any way.

What gets me is the fact if you decide to say you don't like him, like some strange cult - his fans have a right go at you.

Fucking mental.

Ha I have been very vocal in my dislike towards him in my office, you should see some of the looks i get now from the middle aged women that work here - they bloody love him.

Edited by mjsell

3 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Sod brexit - Sod Trump, how the fuck has that drip Ed managed to get that big? In the 33 years I have been on this planet, this is the biggest most baffling question I have ever faced. I can't understand it in any way.

Fucking mental.

Mrs Browns Boys was also voted best sitcom of the 21st century, there really is no accounting for taste.

2 minutes ago, mjsell said:

Ha I have been very vocal in my dislike towards him in my office, you should see some of the looks i get now from the middle aged women that work here - they bloody love him.

It's weird. It's definitely a cult.

The only thing that has ever provided a similar reaction is Juice Plus.

4 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Fucking mental.

His record label manager had a go at me on twitter the other day for a three star review, and I'm a fan.

26 minutes ago, DeanoL said:

Some people were pretty certain Radiohead were playing last year... even after the headliners were all announced!

Then of course everyone was expecting Prince when we got Metallica.

That was wishful thinking - not a factor here...

1 hour ago, Zac Quinn said:

Looking at it again, he only has a 15 day gap between finishing up in South America and these new dates, so in theory it could just be some time off as his crew move continents. It's not as definitive as if, say, he had a UK tour with a break between Wednesday 21st and Tuesday 27th. But basically yeah, given that the only way it was going to not be him at this point was if his US tour clashed with Glastonbury, and those dates avoid that scenario, he may as well be announced now.

I think he'll be announced before the poster end of the month myself.

1 hour ago, DeanoL said:

We've been this certain an act was headlining before and it's not happened.

Management may have been waiting to see how the new album and tour sales did to set the Glastonbury fee accordingly. 

And there's no reason he needs a week off in the tour schedule to do Glastonbury. He's only playing the one night. Yeah, we can go with the "but he likes the festival so he wants to see it" but that applies equally whether he ends up playing it or not...

Thousands of people didn't get tickets to his tour, add a televised headline set to that and he's setup well for the I presume to come stadium tour next year. Agreed he probably doesn't need it but while he is here and at his peak it's not going to do any harm.

1 minute ago, thewayiam said:

I think he'll be announced before the poster end of the month myself.

Thousands of people didn't get tickets to his tour, add a televised headline set to that and he's setup well for the I presume to come stadium tour next year. Agreed he probably doesn't need it but while he is here and at his peak it's not going to do any harm.

I was thinking more that there's a certain appeal to just add another week of tour dates instead of doing Glastonbury for nearly no money, comparatively.

4 minutes ago, Zac Quinn said:

Kanye did it just two years (technically he had a couple of people hidden in the shadows but that doesn't count) 

Wow, didn't watch it so had assumed he had a band. Was it literally just him doing karaoke to a backing track then?

1 minute ago, DeanoL said:

I was thinking more that there's a certain appeal to just add another week of tour dates instead of doing Glastonbury for nearly no money, comparatively.

I get that but I also think had his dates been finished on the Thursday/Friday before Glasto for eg it would have gave it away.

34 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Fucking mental.

32 minutes ago, mjsell said:

He does the pretty standard 'man plays sentimental songs on his acoustic guitar showing how in-touch with his feelings he is'. There's not a lot of mystery to it - it's practically clichéd how popular that route into music is.

Just seems like a completely inoffensive dude. I dunno how you guys or anyone can actually have strong feelings about disliking him. I'm obviously not a fan but I couldn't think of anything worse than trying to argue what's good musically to people into that music. They're hardly gonna turn around and say "actually you're right, Ed Sheeran's songs are rubbish and he is a weak human. I listened to that Boards of Canada album you were on about and that's much better". Best just to see what artists you do have in common with people and talk about that. :lol:

7 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

He does the pretty standard 'man plays sentimental songs on his acoustic guitar showing how in-touch with his feelings he is'. There's not a lot of mystery to it - it's practically clichéd how popular that route into music is.

Beans on Toast to headline 2019 then