Headliner predictions 2017

swede

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, addicted2noise said:

I think both Arctic Monkeys and Taylor Swift will probably headline in 2019.

If ti's true about Taylor releasing at the end of this year, then she won't be headlining on this album cycle, that would mean tour during the fallow. If anything that just means good things because Glastonbury can't clash with her tour dates.

12 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Reckon Taylor will be one of them acts that never plays

Don't even think she's mates with ed anymore - when was the last time you saw them together?

Pretty sure Ed said something about her new album being out at the end of the year in a recent interview so I imagine they're still chums, but I agree that she'll probably never play - she has nothing to gain from it unless her career takes an unexpected nosedive, which definitely isn't happening any time soon.

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

Pretty sure Ed said something about her new album being out at the end of the year in a recent interview so I imagine they're still chums, but I agree that she'll probably never play - she has nothing to gain from it unless her career takes an unexpected nosedive, which definitely isn't happening any time soon.

A lot who do it have nothing to gain though, I think she'd be up for it if her plans scheduled around it but I feel Glasto wouldn't offer the headline slot she'd demand and rightly so, but instead a sub set and that's the sticking point.

1 hour ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

If ti's true about Taylor releasing at the end of this year, then she won't be headlining on this album cycle, that would mean tour during the fallow. If anything that just means good things because Glastonbury can't clash with her tour dates.

Yaaaaaaaas. The pain of the scheduling of the 1989 World Tour's UK dates still lingers. 

Just now, thewayiam said:

A lot who do it have nothing to gain though, I think she'd be up for it if her plans scheduled around it but I feel Glasto wouldn't offer the headline slot she'd demand and rightly so, but instead a sub set and that's the sticking point.

In what world would they offer her anything but headli.... Oh, it's just Gazza! Sorry mate, didn't notice for a second there, carry on.

2 minutes ago, Zac Quinn said:

Yaaaaaaaas. The pain of the scheduling of the 1989 World Tour's UK dates still lingers. 

When the guy I sit next to in work says "Her indoors in a massive fan so I got dragged along, just spent the whole time thinking I wish she'd shut up... fooking fit tho!" and it's work and I have to be nice so I'm like "Ha ha, good one I hope you fucking die"

2 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

She'd 100% be offered a headline slot if she played, but being one of the most bankable stars in the world who's not British (and so doesn't have any ties to the festival at all other than her little ginger mate possibly bringing it up every once in a while) I don't see what it'd do for her. Put her back in the spotlight? She's never out of it. Increase album sales? She has no trouble shifting those these days. Unless she really wants to do it (which I doubt - she hasn't done festivals for years has she? At least not festivals in the Glastonbury sense) then it ain't gonna happen (and as has been mentioned, if her album's out this year then she's gonna hit the fallow year with her tour anyway).

2 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

When the guy I sit next to in work says "Her indoors in a massive fan so I got dragged along, just spent the whole time thinking I wish she'd shut up... fooking fit tho!" and it's work and I have to be nice so I'm like "Ha ha, good one I hope you fucking die"

What language, where do you work, a building site in the 1950's

4 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

She'd 100% be offered a headline slot if she played, but being one of the most bankable stars in the world who's not British (and so doesn't have any ties to the festival at all other than her little ginger mate possibly bringing it up every once in a while) I don't see what it'd do for her. Put her back in the spotlight? She's never out of it. Increase album sales? She has no trouble shifting those these days. Unless she really wants to do it (which I doubt - she hasn't done festivals for years has she? At least not festivals in the Glastonbury sense) then it ain't gonna happen (and as has been mentioned, if her album's out this year then she's gonna hit the fallow year with her tour anyway).

Floorf, Taylor Swift @ Primavera 18

24 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

I dunno - it's a pretty rare feat to maintain popularity as a female pop star for over a handful of years. Good chance the idea of her headlining will be scoffed at the next time her album tour coincides with a Glastonbury.

11 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I dunno - it's a pretty rare feat to maintain popularity as a female pop star for over a handful of years. Good chance the idea of her headlining will be scoffed at the next time her album tour coincides with a Glastonbury.

Can happen though. Madonna's star power lasted for many, many years and has arguably not exactly taken a nosedive even now.

12 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Can happen though. Madonna's star power lasted for many, many years and has arguably not exactly taken a nosedive even now.

Thru maturing and successfully reinventing at every step. Risky and arguably impossible in this day and age.

I've no idea how Beyoncé is the biggest she's ever been now. As in stature ofc, I know how she's the biggest physically.

Edited by dentalplan

Just now, dentalplan said:

Thru maturing and successfully reinventing at every step. Risky and arguably impossible in this day in age.

I've no idea how Beyoncé is the biggest she's ever been now. As in stature ofc, I know how she's the biggest physically.

That'd be thru maturing and successfully reinventing at every step.

Just now, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

That'd be thru maturing and successfully reinventing at every step.

Sure but I meant it in an "I've no idea how she's managing the above" kinda way, with the increased availability of music and the joy people have in dismissing artists as yesterday's news.