Headliner predictions 2017

swede

I've been told that Ed has been offered the Saturday slot. He was offered it a while back.

Source? A longstanding client of mine whom I trust has been friends with Ed for 10 plus years. 

Anyway it's nothing groundbreaking as The Sun have already revealed it! None the less I've stuck £20 on him headlining! 

As long as Radiohead headline one night I'm not bothered about the other nights!! 

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

45 minutes ago, nikkic said:

I've been told that Ed has been offered the Saturday slot. He was offered it a while back.

Source? A longstanding client of mine whom I trust has been friends with Ed for 10 plus years. 

Anyway it's nothing groundbreaking as The Sun have already revealed it! None the less I've stuck £20 on him headlining! 

As long as Radiohead headline one night I'm not bothered about the other nights!! 

Yeah i've just put £17 on him, fingers crossed!

Happy with my bets, £12.53 on Sheeran at 20/1 for sat. Used my free bets on Foos, Radiohead and Beyonce.

Couldn't do the roses as max bet was £8 and could only book £10 free bet.

So worst case it's Foos at 4/1 and I win £40, OR it's the Roses and I'll be chuffed, OR it's none of the above which may be even better as it will be a complete curve ball.

Now I just need a ticket.

Edited by Deaf Nobby Burton

Pissed Paddy Power limited how much I could put on for no reason at all - could've paid for my ticket with that

3 hours ago, Mezhyp1 said:

I see Radiohead have joined Sheeran as an early SE on the rumours page 

That's great news! Wonder what encouraged the bump up from R

27 minutes ago, Andy0808 v5 said:

Is this the earliest we've had two fairly 'nailed on', I say nailed on with Radiohead in the loosest terms. 

Add Stone Roses to those two and that's a very varied set of decent enough headliners. Albeit i'd only see one of them.

I think it's probably the earliest we've had two SRs, and two headliners who look this likely.

I sincerely hope it's not Sheeran. I don't think he's in the same league as Kanye or Adele, and he'd be an insipid choice, there for his popularity rather than what he'd bring to the stage. One of those 'we'd better get Sheeran' bookings, rather than 'wouldn't it be brilliant to have Sheeran?'

35 minutes ago, kalifire said:

I sincerely hope it's not Sheeran. I don't think he's in the same league as Kanye or Adele, and he'd be an insipid choice, there for his popularity rather than what he'd bring to the stage. One of those 'we'd better get Sheeran' bookings, rather than 'wouldn't it be brilliant to have Sheeran?'

Not in the same league in terms of talent, in my opinion, but in terms of popularity he's s big as Kanye (bigger in UK)

2 hours ago, kalifire said:

He's in a better league and generally just a class above bloody Kanye! Ed won't be talked about for being shit.....just that people don't like him. The other idiots issue is....he is shit.

32 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

He's in a better league and generally just a class above bloody Kanye! Ed won't be talked about for being shit.....just that people don't like him. The other idiots issue is....he is shit.

The people who don't like Sheeran, will say he is shit.

I will anyway

39 minutes ago, Finding leto14 said:

Sheeran down to 2/1 now. Odds don't mean a lot necassarily but to go from 20/1 to 2/1 must mean some hefty betting in 24 hours. Guessing the sun story has a lot to do with it

The betting from here will have caused that effect. With a market like this it won't take a lot for them to realise there is some info out there and shorten the odds accordingly. Happens every time we get some info on here and everyone sticks bets on.

41 minutes ago, Finding leto14 said:

Sheeran down to 2/1 now. Odds don't mean a lot necassarily but to go from 20/1 to 2/1 must mean some hefty betting in 24 hours. Guessing the sun story has a lot to do with it

I'm surprised it lasted one or two hours at odds higher than 2/1 to be honest.

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

I think the last one won't be Foos nor the Roses and that'll be our saga for the year. Fuckin Radiohead actually headlining again tho.

I definitely don't think it'll be Foos. I agree with what you say about the Roses; there being no reason for them to play for the reduced fee if they're not going to get the benefit of being on tv.

I was thinking Beyoncé but as someone recently mentioned she's just come over for a June UK tour in 2016 so would she come back again next year?

After that all I can really think is Depeche Mode, unless there's a random act like Macca or U2 who are going to be around.

Maybe Gorillaz have a huge album incoming with scores of high profile guests and they'll get them in for a proper headline set. Similar to how people were debating whether Daft Punk were big enough to headline and then they returned with Get Lucky to become the biggest act on the planet (with an added Glasto set :P).

In short I have no idea, but for the moment I'll stick with The Roses just because of Neil's info on them and the fact they probably will be active at the time.

7 minutes ago, Badlands said:

There's a long way to go yet, there's been plenty of years when it's seemed we've had our headliners sorted by September only for a curveball to come out. 

true, but in those years the headliners weren't openly revealed to have been booked at the same time as the previous years headliners. plus, the third headliner is still totally up in the air - Neil has heard Roses, but it wasn't from the most reliable source. there's usually at least one headliner who remains somewhat of a question mark right up until the end, even if we do have an inkling of who it is

Edited by FloorFiller