Headliner predictions 2017

swede

Just now, Zac Quinn said:

Would surely have been Radiohead out of the three.. for all their critical acclaim and popularity within Glastonbury'a demographic they don't tick the 'legendary headliner who's never done it' or 'easily the biggest male pop star in the world' boxes like the other two do

yeah that's what i thought, in which case, fuck Depeche Mode :P 

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

32 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

hard to imagine which out of Radiohead, Sheeran and Foos they would've chosen Depeche Mode over initially, as (in my opinion, of course) they all make far more sense as headliners for next year. wonder what stopped them saying yes other than just not being arsed

Completely agree with you.

Just thought I'd mention it and I found it  interesting that he said their only day available (I haven't looked but seemed quite specific)

Just now, MattDavies__ said:

I suppose its possible they were 'pencilled in' for the Sunday night, say no again, and the Eavii caught a break with Foos deciding they were gonna do a short tour 

They have a show that night tho, and it doesn't seem like a Who scenario as sisco said they enquired about the 'one available day' - whichever of Friday and Saturday that is.

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

They have a show that night tho, and it doesn't seem like a Who scenario as sisco said they enquired about the 'one available day' - whichever of Friday and Saturday that is.

Oh I only mentioned the Sunday because it seems to be the day Grohl and the lads are tipped for. Just think it's more likely that they were a 'as you're gonna be around we'll have ya' sort of thing than Radiohead being drafted in as a backup. 

2 minutes ago, MattDavies__ said:

Oh I only mentioned the Sunday because it seems to be the day Grohl and the lads are tipped for. Just think it's more likely that they were a 'as you're gonna be around we'll have ya' sort of thing than Radiohead being drafted in as a backup. 

Yeah me too. Thingy Pinkpop said that Foos were late to become available so it would make sense but I've no idea and there's not much benefit in finding out now anyway. :P

Pretty sure @eFestivals said he thought there might be some connection between Glastonbury moving the fallow year and the Foos becoming available for 2017, which would mean the Foos were booked in September at the absolute latest, not sure though 

Edited by Zac Quinn

15 hours ago, Slugworth said:

This Rhianna nonsense is just off the back of what someone has said, right? I've skimmed the last few pages and can't make any sense of it

I get the impression it's an argument over whether or not she could be considered a headliner, not that she's in the running this year

48 minutes ago, Madyaker said:

She's a bit crap really even though she probably is big enough. I don't think they'd be interested in booking her even if she was in the running.

How can she be big enough when a load of her tour was cancelled due to lack of interest. She can't sing for toffee either. 

On 03/12/2016 at 3:55 PM, Chawk said:

I hope Kate Bush does headline one year, after resurfacing in the last couple years it feels sort of now or never. it'd be a loss for it to never happen

After her comments about Theresa May she can fuck off back under whatever rock she was hiding under for 30 years. 

2 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Yes when she uttered "it's nice to have a woman in charge" my heart sank and I frisbeed my Hounds of Love LP across the road. Appalling.

Don't forget 'she's the best thing to happen to the country in years'. :huh:

That being said, I think I could give a pass to a Tory musician at Glastonbury if that Tory musician was one of the greatest artists this country has ever produced.

Just now, Alex DeLarge said:

Don't forget 'she's the best thing to happen to the country in years'. :huh:

That being said, I think I could give a pass to a Tory musician at Glastonbury if that Tory musician was one of the greatest artists this country has ever produced.

By that token she's saying her appointment as PM was better than Tories winning majority or Brexit.

She didn't even say she was a Tory - I wouldn't bet against it y'know but there's nothing explicit. :lol:

4 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

By that token she's saying her appointment as PM was better than Tories winning majority or Brexit.

She didn't even say she was a Tory - I wouldn't bet against it y'know but there's nothing explicit. :lol:

I didn't know what to make of that interview, most other artists I'd say they were giving the opinion for publicity but that would pretty much be the opposite of what she's been doing most of her career. I'd put money on a fair few musicians being Tory/ pro-leave/ even UKIP supporters privately.

Anyway in case this thread gets derailed into politics again, has there been anything in the past few days indicating Ed or Foos as more or less likely? I'd love it to be the Foos if only to make my girlfriend very happy and Ed for something to get me away from the main stage.