Headliner predictions 2017

swede

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Hasn't she had more million selling singles than anyone this century - or some equally daft statistic.

I'd be all for her playing.  Even miming some of it off the back of a patchy album would still be preferable to

laurence-llewellyn-bowen-413163.jpg

You leave Jay Rayner alone. A set consisting of a collection of food stall reviews would go down a treat.

33 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Hasn't she had more million selling singles than anyone this century - or some equally daft statistic.

I'd be all for her playing.  Even miming some of it off the back of a patchy album would still be preferable to

laurence-llewellyn-bowen-413163.jpg

Would Rihanna playing ahead of Foo Fighters really be preferable? She just walks around stage doing nothing. At least Dave Grohl runs around it.

20 minutes ago, Little Andy said:

This post got a surprising lack of attention! Did it go un-noticed by many, or is it cos it just confirmed the obvious?

Either way, is there new info that has caused this near-confirmation?

Death, accident or illness can still save us. It ain't over til its over.

14 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

It got ignored. People round here pay no attention to logic or info when wild rumour and speculation can abound. You should know that by now. 

That's interesting, didn't realise McCartney was touring Europe in June. That definitely puts him in the frame for the Sunday. 

9 minutes ago, Little Andy said:

I see. I didn't notice that cos I like the headliners. But if I didn't, I'd also be hanging on that the truth was false! Still, I don't think a single person has asked Neil what the new info is to near-confirm this!

Someone passed me info on both acts. If everything he told me is kosher then it's absolutely certain that Ed is playing, while he's also heard via other directions that Foos are too (so is less certain cos it's more gossipy).

There's reasons why I've not marked them as TBC's in the line-ups, tho I hugely doubt there's anything wrong with what I was told.

Well my Depeche Mode contact (Neil knows who it is), said to me today that Glastonbury were trying to get them to play for the 1 day that they were available.

He did also say, they try and get them to play every year.

Imagine with the near certain 3 headlining this year that Eavis failed to get them.

22 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

hard to imagine which out of Radiohead, Sheeran and Foos they would've chosen Depeche Mode over initially, as (in my opinion, of course) they all make far more sense as headliners for next year. wonder what stopped them saying yes other than just not being arsed

Would surely have been Radiohead out of the three.. for all their critical acclaim and popularity within Glastonbury's demographic they don't tick the 'legendary headliner who's never done it' or 'easily the biggest male pop star in the world' boxes like the other two do

Edited by Zac Quinn