EAST AND WEST CAMPER CREW

Swine_Glasto2014

Guys I'm due to arrive today. We have a pre delivered van waiting in E25. 

Could one of you lovely people give me an update. 

Are there still terrible queues to get in.

Would you advise leaving it until later this evening. If I can avoid hours in a queue I will. 

I'm travelling down from the north west.

Thanks all

Edited by drunk pumpkin

• Replies 802
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

26 minutes ago, hurdy said:

No towing in? Mild panic here on discovering I don't have a towing eye

20 minutes ago, M!!! said:

Likewise... We are due to arrive at East this afternoon - any updates on the towing situation greatly appreciated!

18 minutes ago, TheNewUnion said:

Same. Any updates gratefully received. 

The entry to East 25 just beyond the inspection field is a vast area of deep mud, don't know about the other roads to fields. You can't drive through that without a tow from a tractor. The fields aren't too bad beyond that entry in most places. Tell the stewards you have no towing eye before you turn into Pylle Lane, so they can advise you. You can't really pull off the metal track in the inspection field once you're on, without risking getting stuck in mud.

49 minutes ago, WallaceHigh said:

Just arrived in camper west white, zero queue and parked up, glad I travelled through the night! 

hello mate

Im in the same area as you - did you come in from the west? did you have to be towed in?

leaving from London in about 4 hours

cheers

5 minutes ago, carlosj said:

The entry to East 25 just beyond the inspection field is a vast area of deep mud, don't know about the other roads to fields. You can't drive through that without a tow from a tractor. The fields aren't too bad beyond that entry in most places. Tell the stewards you have no towing eye before you turn into Pylle Lane, so they can advise you. You can't really pull off the metal track in the inspection field once you're on, without risking getting stuck in mud.

Yes, I'm in the queue now after walking back to pick the car up from beyond gate B, been queuing for an hour from the entry into blue gate so one way or another it's going to take a while, unless your lucky later and they've basically got everyone in by the time you arrive.

Our caravan is E25, I'm in a disco, will they still want to tow me?

Finally got us and the caravan into CV East 25 at 11.30 last night. Spent ages finding out how to get the towing eye screwed in only to work out that was there was already one built into the car. Turned out we didn't need it anyway as we're parked only a few yards off the trackway. We've got 4wd and the short distance helped. The mud is bad 10m or so each side of the track but after that it's not too bad if you've got some momentum. Trouble is its filling up now and there's not as much room to give it the beans. In short, expect to be towed.

Worst organised festival from a traffic point of view I've known (been coming since 2004).  Anyway it's 8.20 and it must be cider time. Chin up!

Hello all

Hoping you all get sorted today.

Last night when they stopped towing in they had loaded about 20 vans into E19 on the family side so still plenty of room there and not to far from gate C.

Good look everyone. 

I think the festival would do well not to tweet stuff like this right now, as true as it may be:

By 1am, the same number of ticket holders were on site as the same stage in 2015. Thanks to everyone for their amazing efforts and patience.

1 hour ago, hurdy said:

Did you have to be towed in? 

yes, field not too bad mainly just middle where they are towing. Hubby thinks our car might have been ok but motorhomes wound get stuck. Must be a nightmare for those that have hired great big vehicles if not used to driving them. Hope you're in now.

It is a shambles, I know it's down to weather, but the decision to push back opening to 6pm has been an unmitigated disaster. They would've known the state of the ground and that 6 extra hours to dry out would have been a total irrelevance once huge campers etc started driving on the ground. They should've opened it 6 hours early so they could have started the job of pulling people in then, not 6 hours late with only a few hours before sunset.

Im not sure if they were expecting some sort of biblical type miracle in those 6 hours and that the ground would be completely dry after two weeks of solid rain.

23 minutes ago, Woffy said:

I think the festival would do well not to tweet stuff like this right now, as true as it may be:

By 1am, the same number of ticket holders were on site as the same stage in 2015. Thanks to everyone for their amazing efforts and patience.

I agree their PR can be shocking sometimes. What exactly are they implying? They clearly don't have a professional advising them. 

Fucking hell guys - thoughts are with you all! Out of interest, were they have long those with trailer tents in Bath & West too? Would I have had to unfurl the trailer tent in there overnight in order to have got a few hours kip?

just trying to weigh up trying again if there's a possibility of ending up being held there again - I don't think I have a tow eye on the front of the car, although I will check.

at this point I'm just mentally drafting the email to See & Glastonbury asking for a full refund due to complete & utter incompetence on their part.

Ok just woke up in camper west white, arrived a few hours ago after travelling through the night. 

Here's my experience..

We got the ferry over from Dublin to Holyhead, arrived at 12.30am. Decided to drive through the night to get a clear run at it (stopped at services once for a half hour break). Followed sat nav to BA69XE so could approach from west. Managed to get here all the way without hitting any traffic at all luckily, helped driving through the night though. 

This camp site is muddy don't get me wrong but they have marked out a straight for every van to aim for and have said basically do not stop until you hit your spot. Lots of vans are stopping in the mud and cannot start again so those ones are getting towed.

I'm busy packing the van and getting ready to leave, but not sure what to do....don't want to leave too early and sit in the van for hours (on my own, mates are arriving separately). Nor do I want to miss any window of opportunity for actually getting on site. 

Bit tricky this year, eh!

So they're saying a van has broke down on the way in, or so they think. They turned us around and said go back to bath and west. We've driven half way back down the que and starting again. We've spoke to two stewards at separate check points who have heard nothing about the closures. 

Bearing in mind we set off at 0600 yesterday, I hate to say it but I'm close to throwing the towel in and heading back to Manchester. 

Edited by upshitcreek