EAST AND WEST CAMPER CREW

Swine_Glasto2014

18 minutes ago, Suggestives said:

There's plenty of space in West but nothing coming in so I don't know what's happening outside.

A convoy of tractors arrived a while ago ready to tow people into position. 

There's loads of space in East too ... but peeps have been badly parked, so it's not possible to access the gaps from the track.

• Replies 802
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, bekimo said:

I've noticed it's not as busy as normal. The gates are open anyway but people are quite muddy!

No queue at all at gate c. So I feel I have made an hour up if the 6 we sat in a queue for. Site is pretty muddy in the usual places.

People are being towed in to E16/17 at the moment, pretty chaotic parking overnight, to be honest we were more concerned about not stopping until needed as we wouldn't get going again, we are completely hemmed in, good job we aren't in a rush on Monday.

really pissed off about ME passing the buck, saying it's everyones fault for turning up early, how many people didn't see the email? Nothing on the official site or Twitter until 24 hrs after the email went out, why didn't they delay the cars as well?

utter clusterfuck and now he is trying to blame the paying public, not good Michael.

This is the view going into E16 they are towing everything into E17 with the fleet of tractors. In the half hour I've been watching the only vehicle I've seen make it through on its own steam was a Landover with trailer tent.

PS sun has just come out

Edited by KryziF

8 minutes ago, TheNewUnion said:

Anyone at Bath and West Showground? Are they releasing vehicles yet?

Latest from the festival still appears to be, if you've not left them suit sit tight. Planning on heading in tomorrow now, unless advised otherwise. 

Been here for a few hours now but they are letting us out a few at a time, nearly there! But I've been saying that for the last 26 hours. 

My sat nav is telling me to go via Wells and then the route in the picture attached to get to east campervan site from the north. 

Any advice please on 1) is it possible/advised to go this route and 2) is it a good route to tow a caravan. 

Cheers

image.png

29 minutes ago, Suggestives said:

Up in the Green fields, cup of cider in hand, listening to a singing Vicar doing a cover of Delilah. 

Whatever the hardships getting here, there's nowhere on earth better to be this weekend :)

Testify!! 

1 minute ago, **claire** said:

We're home, had a few hours sleep & still not feeling like we want to give it another go later on or tomorrow. 21 hours on the road with no sleep I guess would make you feel that way!

hope all those still waiting to get in, do so soon & safely. Have a cold one for us!

Ouch. Hope you make it tomorrow.

1 minute ago, **claire** said:

We're home, had a few hours sleep & still not feeling like we want to give it another go later on or tomorrow. 21 hours on the road with no sleep I guess would make you feel that way!

hope all those still waiting to get in, do so soon & safely. Have a cold one for us!

I was totally despondent last night, but we had some breakfast, a couple of 9am beers then got checked in to our hotel early (10:30am early). Beautiful afternoon in Yeovil, having a pint and the world seems like a better place. Give it another go tomorrow, if it's a horror show then at least your tried, if it's ok than happy days - we'll buy each other s a virtual pint and raise a paper cup to persistence. 

All that said, I'm still going to a festival in Portugal next year-not going through this again!

5 minutes ago, Ricci's Special Kebabs said:

I'm arriving in CV East tomorrow afternoon, should I expect the worst trying to drive in? 

That's my plan too. It's beautiful down in Yeovil this evening, I know that's about 20 miles away but if the site is enjoying the weather we are, and they're working on the fields now, I think we're going to be O.K.

22 minutes ago, mikeydredlox said:

can anyone update the situation getting onto the camper van fields please - are they having to tow every vehicle in?

Have been queuing on the lane for an hour and a half now so I presume they must be still. That's what we heard anyway. So near yet so far... 

49 minutes ago, TheNewUnion said:

I was totally despondent last night, but we had some breakfast, a couple of 9am beers then got checked in to our hotel early (10:30am early). Beautiful afternoon in Yeovil, having a pint and the world seems like a better place. Give it another go tomorrow, if it's a horror show then at least your tried, if it's ok than happy days - we'll buy each other s a virtual pint and raise a paper cup to persistence. 

All that said, I'm still going to a festival in Portugal next year-not going through this again!

That's great news, well done for picking yourself up & getting a bit of PMA in place! :)

we get married the weekend before Glastonbury next year, were planning a mini moon at the festival but can't bring myself to think about that now! 

If we make it down tomorrow we'll have a trailer tent meet up & a drink somewhere in CVE! 

There's a late arrival in a t5 getting stuck and churning up the mud in e18, otherwise the ground is good. 

Can I just say cheers to all that kept this thread updated. Given the lack of official info this was far more helpful. 

Let's hope this sun holds, I'm sure the cider will keep flowing  whatever.