EAST AND WEST CAMPER CREW

Swine_Glasto2014

First beer opened. 

First impressions of Glastonbury, not impressive organisation for something so big and around for so long. 

Not helped by nobheads changing where they are camping holding up new people getting in. If you're coming in don't bother with the stewards pick your own spot, it'll be quicker

• Replies 802
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, robin said:

25 is very soggy and didn't look like they were putting anyone in there yet. 19 is also completely empty at the moment. 

Been for a walk and plenty of space in E20/21, so probably worth saying you've "friends holding you a space" (clearly the case in my field - saw roped off area - ? In a campervan field!?).

In any case, if you could get to these fields, you'd find space.

26 minutes ago, EasyUserName said:

Sort of, yes.

14 / 15 are probably the furthest. 17 & 25 are on a par, with 17 being "over the road" & 25 the first one you traditionally enter after the search bit

Cheers

jyst coming up to the roundabout at the top of the hill where you have to drive back on yourself. I reckon it's a couple more hours from there 

1 hour ago, Travistee said:

Is the number lower the further away you are? I was in East 17 last year 

Yes you choose family which is neatet or non family which is further away.  We are in e24 which looks pretty full e25 had lots of space but looks boggy

8 minutes ago, **claire** said:

I just want to go home now. They're clearly holding us on this road until morning, no one has moved for 2 hours.

When you get close telling them you've friends in E21 holding you a space , just past the food vans. And then tell all the field staff as you go along. There is spaces in the field - at least you'll be close in for your pain!

2 minutes ago, EasyUserName said:

When you get close telling them you've friends in E21 holding you a space , just past the food vans. And then tell all the field staff as you go along. There is spaces in the field - at least you'll be close in for your pain!

Thank you, we'll try that! Is the space there because parts of the field are waterlogged? Just heard someone say theorems massive gaps in each field because vast patches are unusable. 

We asked for family and got misdirected to standard which is much further away across the road.  The stewards wouldn't do anything about it, but after a lot of arguing managed to get into E21.

So be careful if you think you're ging the wrong way don't just trust the stewards.

There is still space in E21 but asking around they were deliberately left empty by the stewards, we found a gap in the already filled part, don't know if you'd get moved on parking in the left emoty places but we didn't want to risk it.

Just now, morph100 said:

Are people still trickling in? I heard they were doing four vans at a time and everything is ten times slower due to muddy ground?

im still stuck 3 miles away not moving :-(

So much for our flamingo distribution/watching sunset etc earlier. :(

We finally got into E25 at 9.10pm. Just heard a couple more cars arriving and unpacking the car - accompanied by a little gentle bickering. Inevitable really.

Hubby's gone to bed and I'm listening to Worthless FM in the awning with a very large glass of wine, a ton of ciggies and my iPad. 

Chin up. You'll be here soonish. In time for sunrise, at any rate...

7 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Finally in, only 8 hours after meeting up at Castle Cary!!  Stopping and starting the whole time. Albeit we did stop for food for an hour or two.

In a hired van in E25. No normal vans in here yet. Ground boggy in places, but seems fine to walk on away from the driveways.

You must be the among the handful of cars who arrived in the last half an hour. Keep the noise down would you! :P